Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: At a crossroads

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    A meaningless cliche that came from someone who made a personal judgement.

Another gem I will be resurrecting in the future I am sure.

Is Churchill's quote anything like.............................

"Conservatism, especially among people in the military, is all about fake ass bravado and machismo. A dick measuring contest."

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    I know how you feel really. I am down here in SoCal and I love the weather and the scenery. I love being able to drive 45 minutes to the beach or 45 minutes to the mountains, it is just great. The only thing that I hate is the people really, the stupid stupid traffic, and the gas prices. I moved out here to California for work and quite frankly love what I do, but my family in NC are trying to get me and the family to move back. My father is getting older and I want my kids to spend time with my parents while my father is still here.

The only problem for me is I want to further my career in the Federal Government (I am currently a GS-11, USGS). I want to be able to possibly be stationed overseas as a civilian and let my kids experience the world. All the while not being shut up and exposed to NC stereotypes. So it is tough.
    Just curious, What are the NC stereotypes that you'd like to shield your kids from? And are they any worse than the Stereotypical, SoCal Transgendered, Mexican-Asian Gang, Computer Nerd, Hippy Granola Girls, with the plastic titties and shallow personalities that you're exposing them to right now?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-05-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Another gem I will be resurrecting in the future I am sure.

Is Churchill's quote anything like.............................

"Conservatism, especially among people in the military, is all about fake ass bravado and machismo. A dick measuring contest."
    So far, Rainmaker has shown that to be the case. And what I said is not some overused cliché.
    Last edited by Rusty Jones; 05-05-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Offending posts removed, please stay close to the topic at hand.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Offending posts (AND SANDSJAMES' POSTS) removed, please stay close to the topic at hand.
    There, fixed it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    There, fixed it for you.
    Pretty much everything from that point on ... yes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So, just to clarify, we will be moving back to California. I don't care about the cost. I don't care about the (perceived) political views. It's worth more to me to be close to my family...especially my father...who is the hardest working, gun owning, deer hunting, Obamacare using, family supporting, tree chopping, white, Christian, male, take me to the woodshed to whip my ass, bleeding heart conservative liberal I've ever known.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, just to clarify, we will be moving back to California. I don't care about the cost. I don't care about the (perceived) political views. It's worth more to me to be close to my family...especially my father...who is the hardest working, gun owning, deer hunting, Obamacare using, family supporting, tree chopping, white, Christian, male, take me to the woodshed to whip my ass, bleeding heart conservative liberal I've ever known.
    My in-laws live up in that general area. The politics may surprise folks not from there. One area can ber very liberal and a town 10 miles away very conservative.

We may be joining you in about 10 years ... neighbor.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    My in-laws live up in that general area. The politics may surprise folks not from there. One area can ber very liberal and a town 10 miles away very conservative.

We may be joining you in about 10 years ... neighbor.
    The county they live in is about 70% conservative. It's kind of a strange place that way. Most are into the hunting, fishing, shooting, killing stuff, white Christians while, at the same time, there is a lot of welfare, a lot of hippies, etc. I guess it's a pretty socially conservative, financially liberal place.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    The county they live in is about 70% conservative. It's kind of a strange place that way. Most are into the hunting, fishing, shooting, killing stuff, white Christians while, at the same time, there is a lot of welfare, a lot of hippies, etc. I guess it's a pretty socially conservative, financially liberal place.
    Sounds much like a town called Paradise, California.