Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: House Panel Backs Major Military Retirement Overhaul

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Muchas gracias. So i guess i need to take a trip out to Wright Patterson to do any changes.
    If it's convenient. If it's not, I'd call Tricare and see if there's another way...they'll walk you through this when you retire anyway.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    I am not really big in to the whole fear mongering aspect of the social security fund at all, but I do want to believe that my money will be there when I retire. Just to let everyone know it is already being reported that you will pay into SS more than you will get out of right now. That will only get worse the more people retire.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/14/news...rity-benefits/
    Don't worry. It'll probably be there....But, it may not be worth shit. Even Russia still pays the old USSR Pensioners. it equates to something like $9 a month.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-04-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I agree with that. The same author also has a nice piece about what different tax brackets actually get for what they are paying. All things considered it's pretty odd that taxes are a constant complaint but in reality all of us are getting one hell of deal. Roads to drive on, National defense, infrastructure, Social programs, Police and fire, prisons, Medicaid, medicare, social security, etc, etc, etc.

I think I paid roughly $5-6K in federal taxes last year. That sounds like a lot on the surface but really its a huge bargain when I think about everything I get back in return.
    Easterbrook, needs to stick to spinning stupid stories from his laptop about Batman and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And you're probably paying a lot more than you think you are. where they're really sticking it to us is on all the hidden taxes. Which have gone up around 500% in the last 30 years.

..................... Air Transportation Taxes, Biodiesel Fuel Taxes, Building Permit Taxes, Business Registration Fees, Capital Gains Taxes, Cigarette Taxes, Court Fines (indirect taxes), Disposal Fees, Dog License Taxes, Driver's License Fees, Employer Health Insurance Mandate Tax, Employer Medicare Taxes, Employer Social Security Taxes, Environmental Fees, Estate Taxes, Excise Taxes On CHIP Plan, Federal Corporate Taxes, Federal Income Taxes, Federal Unemployment Taxes, Fishing License Taxes, Hunting License Taxes, Flush Taxes, Food And Beverage License Fees ,Franchise Business Taxes ,Garbage Taxes, Gasoline Taxes ,Gift Taxes, Gun Ownership Permits, Hazardous Material Disposal Fees, Highway Access Fees ,Hotel Taxes (these are becoming quite large in some areas), Import Taxes, Individual Health Insurance Mandate (OBAMACARE) Taxes, Inheritance Taxes, Insect Control Hazardous Materials Licenses, Inspection Fees, Insurance Premium Taxes, Interstate User Diesel Fuel Taxes, Inventory Taxes, IRA Early Withdrawal Taxes, IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax), IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),Library Taxes, License Plate Fees, Liquor Taxes, Local Corporate Taxes, Local Income Taxes, Local School Taxes ,Local Unemployment Taxes, Luxury Taxes ,Marriage License Taxes, Medicare Taxes, Medicare Tax Surcharge On High Earning Americans Under Obamacare, Obamacare Surtax On Investment Income (a new 3.8% surtax on investment income), Parking Meters, Passport Fees, Professional Licenses And Fees (another form of taxation), Property Taxes, Real Estate Taxes, Recreational Vehicle Taxes, Registration Fees For New Businesses, Toll Booth Taxes, Sales Taxes, Self-Employment Taxes, Sewer & Water Taxes, School Taxes, Septic Permit Taxes, Service Charge Taxes, Social Security Taxes, Special Assessments For Road Repairs Or Construction, Sports Stadium Taxes, State Corporate Taxes, State Income Taxes, State Park Entrance Fees, State Unemployment Taxes (SUTA),Tanning Taxes (a new Obamacare tax on tanning services, Telephone 911 Service Taxes, Telephone Federal Excise Taxes,, Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Taxes, Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Taxes, Telephone State And Local Taxes, Telephone Universal Access Taxes, The Alternative Minimum Tax, Tire Recycling Fees, Tire Taxes, Traffic Fines (indirect taxation), Use Taxes (Out of state purchases, etc.) ,Utility Taxes Vehicle, Registration Taxes, Waste Management Taxes ,Water Rights Fees, Watercraft Registration & Licensing Fees, Well Permit Fees, Zoning Permit Fees.....................................

90% of the revenue collected from these "fees" does nothing except for go to the self-licking ice cream cone bureaucracy that's collecting it.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-04-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    The Information Age is over. We are in the Misinformation Age.
    Wrong Bos. We ARE in the information age.... We've been privy to a unique (20 year) window open, in which we've been able to catch a glimpse of the man behind the curtain of Oz....that's why the Political Con Men and their financiers are getting nervous and stirring up all this boogeyman (Terrorist/Race Riot) crap.... and it is why they will eventually kill the internet (as presently constituted).... You've allowed yourself to become willfully blinded....

Now, Consider this..... In the '04 Presidential election. Two C average frat brother's at Yale were our two choices for president... Yet, This particular frat only had 15 people in it. Mathematically, What are the chances of this happening, In a nation with 300+ Million people in it? Yet hardly anyone questions this FACT and if you do you're labeled a "conspiracy theorist" and discounted....so, soak up the knowledge the truth tellers of the Inter-webs is spitting while you can Bitchez...
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-04-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    It means nothing.
    How did you arrive at that conclusion?
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    How did you arrive at that conclusion?
    I would offer an answer, but I don't remember what post you quoted me in because it's more than a couple days ago.