Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trials and Tribulations of Tak, military father

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    If you would like to discuss it, feel free.

I just laid out the facts of that issue, if your response is to drop out of the conversation vice continuing to snipe about something that was over a year and a half ago now that you know the other side of the story, that is your choice.
    I've heard your side and his side. We both know the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I've heard your side and his side. We both know the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
    True & fair enough.

I do think in my time here I have been open & owned when I have thought I could have done something different/better. In the case of RC's last ban:

1. email from user about RC being medicated and likely not being 'restrained'
    2. RC made a vulgar post -- which a user reported
    3. RC received a private warning - which you & his friends likely didn't see
    4. RC replied with a very vulgar PM - which you & his friends likely didn't see
    5. RC received a temporary ban
    6. RC's ban expired
    7. RC died 2, 3 or 4 days after the ban expired. -- I don't see where he accessed MTF after the ban expired -- I could speculate on why, but I don't know.

In hindsight:

-Had I known the severity of the situation ... I may have made a different decision.

-If anyone (you, Tak, the user who sent the original email) had taken a moment to discuss the situation (since a few of you knew about it) ... I may have made a different decision.

-If the user who sent me the PM about RC being medicated had been a bit less vague (understand there was his privacy to take into account) ... I may have made a different decision.

Some people made a decision to say nothing, which impacted my decision. But ... I made a decision based on the best information available at the time. I am not placing this on anyone, I will own my decision.

#beginopenkimono

There were some users banned in the JUN, JUL, AUG, SEP 2013 time frame (when the moderators were first established) who got very, VERY nasty via PM, and few here know the contents of those emails. PMs etc. are virtual threats and "sticks and stones may break my bones" which is well and good until one user began threatening to use his position as a criminal investigator to cause problems for us in real life if we did not reinstate his account; he remains banned.

Contrary to some statements from earlier, Mr. Dorr was not 'driven off this site'. He got very agitated that we (the moderators) nor Gannett would tell him our real names. He asked, several times and was rebuffed, again ... I have those PM's that you likely didn't see. Mr. Dorr is not banned, he has not been on MTF in over a year.

As far as Tak, there were a lot ... A LOT of PM's back and forth that you &/or other users have likely not seen. Those PM's were part of the decision to finally ban him, so I don't expect anyone to fully 'get it' ... at least from my, the other Moderator or the SysAdmin's perspective ... but I can tell you that it was a pretty intensely debated decision. Tak received several warnings after having his 2d 'permanent ban' undone, which created more PM's, so yes, he was banned (after 13 warnings in 2 weeks) for things that someone else had done far fewer times. The aggregate of his history here, and his statement that he had no intention of adhering to guidelines made the ban indefinite.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 04-25-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody else follow Air Force amn/nco/snco page on facebook? I was convinced for the longest time it was tak and now I'm sure it's him. An article was shared on the page about 5 worst bases and the admin talks about their time at Minot which matches the times tak talked about being there. He also shares and interacts with a lot of JQP posts.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STL7997 View Post
    Anybody else follow Air Force amn/nco/snco page on facebook? I was convinced for the longest time it was tak and now I'm sure it's him. An article was shared on the page about 5 worst bases and the admin talks about their time at Minot which matches the times tak talked about being there. He also shares and interacts with a lot of JQP posts.
    My guess would be yes andThanks for posting that.

TAK was pure comedy gold. My favorite was his 'life thread' were locked himself in and went tit for tat with Robert F. Dorr...

I recently read here that Mr Dorr has terminal cancer. Not sure if he lerks here anymore. But, if so wish you God speed Sir and thanks for advocating for our Airmen (I'm still not sure if we're supposed to capitalize that or not?). You were definitely a class act. See you on the other side. Rainmaker out//
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-10-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    I usually check the list of people that have come into here in the past 24 hours, and I don't believe that I have seen Mr. Dorr in a coon's age.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    I usually check the list of people that have come into here in the past 24 hours, and I don't believe that I have seen Mr. Dorr in a coon's age.
    Lately we're just broadcastin to the stars man....
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-10-2016 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    I don't remember exactly the source, but I believe saw where he passed a little while back.