Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribulations of Tak, military father

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    I hope the mods allow this on a one-time basis, but I am going to cut-and-paste a few comments from Tak in response to a few of the comments.
    Sorry, but no. I wish him well but he lost his access to post here (directly or by proxy) long ago. I didn't delete the links to his article on JQP, but do not want this to turn into a method of him posting on MTF by proxy.

In the past I invited him to engage privatly if he wanted to discuss his ban, nothing heard.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Sorry, but no. I wish him well but he lost his access to post here (directly or by proxy) long ago. I didn't delete the links to his article on JQP, but do not want this to turn into a method of him posting on MTF by proxy.

In the past I invited him to engage privatly if he wanted to discuss his ban, nothing heard.
    I think you're making a mistake. His material has been tweeted out by AFT. His story has been included in the AFT-produced Early Bird. I think you're being short-sighted, but whatever. As I've said before, your ball, your rules. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you're making a mistake. His material has been tweeted out by AFT. His story has been included in the AFT-produced Early Bird. I think you're being short-sighted, but whatever. As I've said before, your ball, your rules. Good luck.
    Maybe, and as I said above, he can obviously write well and put together some good material. The issue in the past was he continually flaunted the Community Guidelines and made it clear he had no intention of adhering to them. The issue now is that after he was given a second & third chance he contintued to violate very simple rules; it had nothing to do with his viewpoint but how he derailed threads, disrupted conversations and was openly hostile to users. There are various users here whose views/opinions/ideologies differ from my own but who manage to not get permanenly banned because they can adhere to the guidelines that they agreed to when they registered their accounts.

The rules are not really mine, they were established long before I came around either as a user or a moderator and as I said I invited him to discuss it privately, he has not contacted me; as such, I wish him and his family well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Maybe, and as I said above, he can obviously write well and put together some good material. The issue in the past was he continually flaunted the Community Guidelines and made it clear he had no intention of adhering to them. The issue now is that after he was given a second & third chance he contintued to violate very simple rules; it had nothing to do with his viewpoint but how he derailed threads, disrupted conversations and was openly hostile to users. There are various users here whose views/opinions/ideologies differ from my own but who manage to not get permanenly banned because they can adhere to the guidelines that they agreed to when they registered their accounts.

The rules are not really mine, they were established long before I came around either as a user or a moderator and as I said I invited him to discuss it privately, he has not contacted me; as such, I wish him and his family well.
    Yet others blatantly violate the community guidelines and are only banned for short periods of time. Like I said, I am not here to be Tak's defender, but there are other users far more harmful to the community, in my opinion, than Tak ever was.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yet others blatantly violate the community guidelines and are only banned for short periods of time. Like I said, I am not here to be Tak's defender, but there are other users far more harmful to the community, in my opinion, than Tak ever was.
    Agree. Tak's main "disruption" was again Moderators during a time when Mods were out of control. The "derailing" by him was no different than many posters, including myself. The truth of the matter is that he was banned for going after Mods. There was butt hurt and the grudge will continue. It's more about principal now. It's like when a boss at work tells you no and, no matter what else happens, the answer will remain no so he doesn't look "weak".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not here to be the Tak defender, but I think your characterization of his contributions here is unfair. There was admittedly a ton of chaff that he spewed out, but there were several instances of wheat. To make a blanket characterization such as you did is just not representative of the facts.
    I stated my honest OPINION of TAK based on what I used to read on MTF posts, specifically with the arguments and (perceived) attacks he made on me personally. My opinion of him changed over time based on his non-MTF posts.

As for my opinions, I tend to form them based on my personal experiences, what I read, hear, see, etc. By no means do I expect you to agree with me, nor do I expect, or care if I've satisfied your desire for me to make "fair characterizations" of the people I form opinions about.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    As an indicator of exactly how disruptive Tak was, I can't remember what it was (content wise) that got him banned.

Of course, that could also be a function of my advanced years.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I stated my honest OPINION of TAK based on what I used to read on MTF posts, specifically with the arguments and (perceived) attacks he made on me personally. My opinion of him changed over time based on his non-MTF posts.

As for my opinions, I tend to form them based on my personal experiences, what I read, hear, see, etc. By no means do I expect you to agree with me, nor do I expect, or care if I've satisfied your desire for me to make "fair characterizations" of the people I form opinions about.
    My issue was with you saying that NONE of his posts were thoughtful or well-written. I don't expect you to care about "satisfying (my) desire."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The truth of the matter is that he was banned for going after Mods. There was butt hurt and the grudge will continue.
    I disagree ... and will again say there was an unanswered invitation for him to discuss it privately. Also, if there was a grudge or butt hurt, why did I not just delete the original link to the article?

My perception (the 'truth of the matter' from my chair) is that there was some butt hurt on his part that he was not asked to be a moderator, which elevated his issue with the moderators. One of the consistent arguments was 'look at how many posts I have", "look how many likes I have" I won't argue that at first moderation was more strict than I would have liked or than it is now.