Thread: Cabbies and gays

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Cabbies and gays

Bringing this one up, cause of it being over the ticker recently.

Apparently a Gay couple who were kissing in the back of a taxi (well more of a rented car via UBER) got booted out by the driver cause "He indicated that it was a public mode of transportation and we shouldn’t kiss in his cab,” White says. “He pulled the cab over and stopped and wanted us to get out — on the Kennedy.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...m-for-kissing/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...229637391.html

So do you feel a Cabbie should be able to boot patrons of his vehicle for doing something he dislikes?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Bringing this one up, cause of it being over the ticker recently.

Apparently a Gay couple who were kissing in the back of a taxi (well more of a rented car via UBER) got booted out by the driver cause "He indicated that it was a public mode of transportation and we shouldn’t kiss in his cab,” White says. “He pulled the cab over and stopped and wanted us to get out — on the Kennedy.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...m-for-kissing/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...229637391.html

So do you feel a Cabbie should be able to boot patrons of his vehicle for doing something he dislikes?
    Some "he dislikes"...no, probably not, if that's the only reason.
    Something obscene...sure.
    Something illegal...yeah.
    Something that impacts a safe trip...sure.

This case seems a little fishy to me...don't think we're getting the whole story. Cab driver in a big city like Chicago getting all upset bout a kiss? Doesn't seem logical.

I know, the wife and I have done a whole lot more than that in back of cabs and never had any trouble

Do you ever wonder how something this dumb gets into the news? I mean it's a dispute between a couple and cabbie...oh, big news story there...who cares...cabbies and taco stands and barber shops get in disputes every day...move on.
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 04-10-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Some "he dislikes"...no, probably not, if that's the only reason.
    Something obscene...sure.
    Something illegal...yeah.
    Something that impacts a safe trip...sure.

This case seems a little fishy to me...don't think we're getting the whole story. Cab driver in a big city like Chicago getting all upset bout a kiss? Doesn't seem logical.

I know, the wife and I have done a whole lot more than that in back of cabs and never had any trouble

Do you ever wonder how something this dumb gets into the news? I mean it's a dispute between a couple and cabbie...oh, big news story there...who cares...cabbies and taco stands and barber shops get in disputes every day...move on.
    From 2 of the links, it seems the only reason it got into the media was cause the gay couple reported it to the owners of UBER online, as well as 'social media'ed it out there.
    Also, who defines what is obscene?

BUT i do agree it seems we are not getting the full story.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    From 2 of the links, it seems the only reason it got into the media was cause the gay couple reported it to the owners of UBER online, as well as 'social media'ed it out there.
    yeah, I figured as much, too....who cares?
    Also, who defines what is obscene?
    I think the Scotus explanation was "I don't know how to define it, but I know it when I see it"

BUT i do agree it seems we are not getting the full story.
    The Voice of Reason