Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 211

Thread: South Carolina shooting

  1. #1
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    South Carolina shooting

    Most cut and dry police abuse/killing that we've seen. I'm almost 100% sure this cop will fry. But is there any reason to assume that it's racially motivated just because the two are different races?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Most cut and dry police abuse/killing that we've seen. I'm almost 100% sure this cop will fry. But is there any reason to assume that it's racially motivated just because the two are different races?
    Oh, no... you know, racial profiling, and shit... you know, that's just people playing the race card. Cops and black people have always been on great terms. This is just an isolated incident, and all that.

    By the way, this happened in South Carolina.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  3. #3
    Administrator UncaRastus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MTF-HQ
    Posts
    1,196
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Last night I viewed the clip with the policeman shooting the guy in the back. Then he picked up something from the ground where they were standing before the man took off running. He went to the body and dropped whatever it was that he picked up.

    If it is a weapon, that would certainly show that the cop tried to influence the after the shooting incident investigation by changing the crime scene by moving evidence to be near the body.

    Which kind of proves that the cop had his stuff together enough to try to influence the investigation, which could make whatever the cop claims to be highly suspect.

    In other words, his mind was clear enough to try to do something totally illegal to influence the case.

    That cop, after a trial by his peers, should go to Death Row. If the jury finds him guilty. Who knows, nowaday? Maybe he had a hangnail that caused such agony that his mindset was swayed?

    I have nothing against cops doing their duty. They are necessary to keep crime down. However, just as in the military, people with firearms sometimes make the wrong choices. One death by shooting wrongfully is one death too many.

    However, shooting an unarmed man eight times in the back is eight times too many.

    And yes, I do see the country being flooded by Al Sharpton and his bunch, creating a very adverse situation for all of the cops in this country. I looked up the number of state and local police in the USA, and the closest I could find was arrived at in 2008. 1.1 million.

    That is a lot of cops that now have to be very cautious with some angry people taking their frustration out on them. Just like with Ferguson, MO. 1.1 million cops (2008) now have to go to work every day, with a target on THEIR backs. All on account of one cop's decision.

    Even IF the cop had a reason, such as taking down a suicide vested man, rightfully, or some such scenario, I can only see bad things happening on account of one cop. Again. From doing the right thing. Or the wrong thing.

    Anyway you slice it, there will be consequences.

    Where is Corporal Malloy and Officer Reed when we need them? Sergeant Friday, where are you?
    Last edited by UncaRastus; 04-09-2015 at 03:22 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Most cut and dry police abuse/killing that we've seen. I'm almost 100% sure this cop will fry. But is there any reason to assume that it's racially motivated just because the two are different races?
    Have You've learned nothing yet? Cops don't fry. Period.

    Couple questions before the Al- Sharpton Free Shit Army Brigade and the rest of the Communist News Network Crisis actors arrive.

    If he's stopped only for a tail light, where are all the other cars? and Why did he run again?

    Why are they just showing us that part of the tape? Where's the rest from the stop forward? Reach for a cop's taser at your own risk. Nomsayin?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 04-09-2015 at 02:52 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hate to say it, but THIS is exactly what the likes of Al Sharpton have been looking forward to. See now, we were right, WHITE cops are shooting unarmed black people everwhere. Now we must take drastic measures to right the injustices.

    Meanwhile, to support the race-baiters (Al, Barrack, Eric, etc) the liberal media will replay the video clip over, and over, and over, and over....until the country is final destroyed.

  6. #6
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Oh, no... you know, racial profiling, and shit... you know, that's just people playing the race card. Cops and black people have always been on great terms. This is just an isolated incident, and all that.

    By the way, this happened in South Carolina.
    North Carolina/South Carolina, what's the difference...not important to the conversation.

    No race card here, Rusty. I'm not saying this wasn't racial profiling/racially motivated. I'm just wondering if it's fair to assume that it is, in this one case.

    Combining several cases together to make a judgment just doesn't work for me. I'll give you an example of why:

    As an instructor, I get asked many, many stupid questions. By the time the 4th or 5th person asked me a stupid question I'd lose my patience. Then another instructor pointed out to me that even though it may have been the 5th time I heard a stupid question that day, it was the 1st time that individual student had asked it.

    Oh, and you mean "white cops" and black people, don't you?

  7. #7
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Last night I viewed the clip with the policeman shooting the guy in the back. Then he picked up something from the ground where they were standing before the man took off running. He went to the body and dropped whatever it was that he picked up.

    If it is a weapon, that would certainly show that the cop tried to influence the after the shooting incident investigation by changing the crime scene by moving evidence to be near the body.

    Which kind of proves that the cop had his stuff together enough to try to influence the investigation, which could make whatever the cop claims to be highly suspect.

    In other words, his mind was clear enough to try to do something totally illegal to influence the case.

    That cop, after a trial by his peers, should go to Death Row. If the jury finds him guilty. Who knows, nowaday? Maybe he had a hangnail that caused such agony that his mindset was swayed?
    I don't disagree with anything you say here. The cop deserves whatever he gets. However, I don't think that people will be disputing whether he was justified or not. The question is simply should we assume this had to do with race? I ask it because it has already been assumed to be so, compared to other cases that are completely different in every aspect except that there was a white cop and a black suspect.

  8. #8
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Have You've learned nothing yet? Cops don't fry. Period.

    Couple questions before the Al- Sharpton Free Shit Army Brigade and the rest of the Communist News Network Crisis actors arrive.

    If he's stopped only for a tail light, where are all the other cars? and Why did he run again?

    Why are they just showing us that part of the tape? Where's the rest from the stop forward? Reach for a cop's taser at your own risk. Nomsayin?
    Ok, I take back what I said about everyone being able to assume this cop is at fault. I forgot you were on this forum.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Oh, no... you know, racial profiling, and shit... you know, that's just people playing the race card. Cops and black people have always been on great terms. This is just an isolated incident, and all that.

    By the way, this happened in South Carolina.
    This shooting WILL be about race because YOU want it to be. You wouldn't have it any other way.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Ok, I take back what I said about everyone being able to assume this cop is at fault. I forgot you were on this forum.
    We are supposed to assume someone is innocent until they are PROVEN guilty.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 04-09-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •