Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 60 minutes piece on the "Master dead index'

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

60 minutes piece on the "Master dead index'

Who here watched last night's 60 minutes piece on the frackas with the Social Security administrations Master dead index Titled "Dead or Alive".. In that piece, they were talking to 4 people who have been reported as dead to the SSA, and so had their bank accounts, credit history, ssn and other official stuff, blocked out/removed, and thus lost out on funds and had in some cases, to live on the street.
    Then there was the opposite side of the spectrum where people who are listed as still being alive and still getting paid have been dead for YEARS, costing us a supposed 2 billion a year in fraudulent checks.

Having served with someone who's Sister DID have to pay back over 50K to the SSA cause of overpayments after her husband's death, reported seven times, some with certified mail to the SSA, along with instances myself, where i went to PSD cause of incorrectly receiving payments for something i shouldn't have, i know how painful it can be getting it all taken back Right there and then when they DO decide to get it back.
    So what do you all think should be done to correct this?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Who here watched last night's 60 minutes piece on the frackas with the Social Security administrations Master dead index Titled "Dead or Alive".. In that piece, they were talking to 4 people who have been reported as dead to the SSA, and so had their bank accounts, credit history, ssn and other official stuff, blocked out/removed, and thus lost out on funds and had in some cases, to live on the street.
    Then there was the opposite side of the spectrum where people who are listed as still being alive and still getting paid have been dead for YEARS, costing us a supposed 2 billion a year in fraudulent checks.

Having served with someone who's Sister DID have to pay back over 50K to the SSA cause of overpayments after her husband's death, reported seven times, some with certified mail to the SSA, along with instances myself, where i went to PSD cause of incorrectly receiving payments for something i shouldn't have, i know how painful it can be getting it all taken back Right there and then when they DO decide to get it back.
    So what do you all think should be done to correct this?
    Didn't watch it. But, Rainmaker's 2nd born Son had his SSN stolen 3 years ago. so, unfortunately we're familiar with the ramifications of dealing with this kind of thing He'll be commissioning in 2 months, so hopefully it doesn't affect him down the road.

As for What should be done about it? Well for starters the spineless CONgress should impeach the incompetent, corrupt, arrogant, narcissistic, Illegal, Indonesian ,Kenyan, alien, muslim, sociopathic, pathological liar, puppet on a string, fudge packer-in chief for his failure to enforce the laws of this country.

But, sadly there is no opposition party because the Rhinos sold out 25 years ago to the chamber of commerce's desire for free (slave) trade.They are more worried about the interests of 200,000 AIPAC members that fund the coffers than the American Citizens that they are sworn to represent. The good news is... SSN overpayments checks get spent at Wally World on cheap crap, so it's all good. Think of it as a stimulus package for the 8 year old kids chained to a table in a Chinese sweat shop.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 03-16-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Didn't watch it. But, Rainmaker's 2nd born Son had his identity stolen 3 years ago. so, unfortunately we're familiar with the ramifications of this. He'll be commissioning in 2 months, so hopefully it doesn't affect him down the road.

As for What should be done about it? Well for starters the spineless CONgress should impeach the incompetent, corrupt, arrogant, narcissistic, Illegal, Indonesian ,Kenyan, alien, muslim, sociopathic, pathological liar, puppet on a string, fudge packer-in chief for his failure to enforce the laws of this country.

But, sadly there is no opposition party because the Rhinos sold out 25 years ago to the chamber of commerce's desire for free (slave) trade. They are more worried about the interests of 200,000 AIPAC members that fund the coffers than the American Citizens that they are sworn to represent.
    Cuz there was never identity theft and fraud before 2008...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Cuz there was never identity theft and fraud before 2008...
    here....I'll type it for you again. Try to read more slowly and actually sound out the letters...
    "the Rhinos sold out 25 years ago to the chamber of commerce's desire for free (slave) trade"
    Test... Test... wun too tree....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found the segment about women officers attempting the officer infantry course much more interesting than the master death list

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/female-m...at-60-minutes/
    Disclaimer - "This post was written because you wanted me to respond to it"

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    here....I'll type it for you again. Try to read more slowly and actually sound out the letters...
    "the Rhinos sold out 25 years ago to the chamber of commerce's desire for free (slave) trade"
    Test... Test... wun too tree....
    So if your point was about 25 years ago then why the racist, pointless, disgraceful rant? Even if it's part of your schtick it's ridiculous. What you need to do is grow up, just a little bit, or go crawl back into your fallout shelter and work on trimming the edges of your mustache.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Didn't watch it. But, Rainmaker's 2nd born Son had his SSN stolen 3 years ago. so, unfortunately we're familiar with the ramifications of dealing with this kind of thing He'll be commissioning in 2 months, so hopefully it doesn't affect him down the road.
    Sorry to hear about your son. Did they ever catch the one who stole his ID? Did you hear what punishment was levelled?

Quote Originally Posted by INGUARD View Post
    I found the segment about women officers attempting the officer infantry course much more interesting than the master death list

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/female-m...at-60-minutes/
    I loved that piece too. Especially that the Marines did NOT dumb down the fitness requirements for the course just so women could pass.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So if your point was about 25 years ago then why the racist, pointless, disgraceful rant? Even if it's part of your schtick it's ridiculous. What you need to do is grow up, just a little bit, or go crawl back into your fallout shelter and work on trimming the edges of your mustache.
    I'm talking about the last 25 + years running. What's Racist and Ridiculous is the 30:1 ratio of minority to white immigration in this country, The Fed .gov is openly discriminating against Caucasian immigrants. so, you can spare me the emasculated PC Self-righteous liberal routine cause, it ain't flyin here Bucko
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 03-17-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm talking about the last 25 + years running. What's Racist and Ridiculous is the 30:1 ratio of minority to white immigration in this country, The Fed .gov is openly discriminating against Caucasian immigrants. so, you can spare me the emasculated PC Self-righteous liberal routine cause, it ain't flyin here Bucko
    Oh no! Minorities! They's be evil, yo!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Oh no! Minorities! They's be evil, yo!
    That's the problem with alot of RM's posts. There's typical everyday racist shit that you see anywhere... and then there's straight up supremacist shit, and alot of RM's posts cross that line. Alot of the things he says sounds like things you'd only hear from card-carrying members of Neo Nazi groups or Klansmen.
    Last edited by Rusty Jones; 03-17-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males