Thread: Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question

Recently I was sand-blasted by some liberal, left wing friends and family after posting some questions and observations - Ergo, I'm going to post it here and get the answer from the "Horse's mouth" so to speak. All I ask is read what I write in it's entirety before you opt to respond, and then provide some feed-back. If you happen to be a lesbian, that would be even better.

The question I posed is as follows:

"If lesbians are only attracted to the same sex, why is it in the majority of lesbian couples, one tries to look, dress, and act like a guy? How does that play into the attraction factor? Just an observation. The same goes for gay guys. Why in the majority of gay couples does one guy act more feminine?"

Now, the responses I received to said question were of ridicule and accusations of being judgmental and lacking understanding. I know enough about debates to understand when you criticize someone else's view as having a lack of understanding, the only way you can know that is if you possess the knowledge they do not have about a topic. Otherwise, saying someone posted in error due to lack of understanding is merely an opinion of theirs. Yet other than that assertion of my ignorance, no explanation was provided.

Hence my question wasn't answered.

I looked online for other answers to this question - One illustration provided was that the "Butch" in the relationship is genuinely attracted to the same sex and the female figure - the woman who is not butch is looking for nurturing, which the Butch provides. - Ok, but how does that explain the change in appearance, and mannerisms? Why can't a woman be a woman in dress an mannerisms and provide the same nurturing - why does a transformation in character and appearance become necessary in the relationship?

As another lesbian poster pointed out: "blah, blah, blah
    I am gay because I like woman. Im gonna go for the girl that looks like a hot piece of ***, not the girl that looks like a guy. Sorry but, you might as well be straight."

So, summing it up: Why would someone who is attracted to women, settle up for a woman who ignores the societal standards of being a woman - reverting to a more masculine persona, essentially taking on the appearance and mannerisms of what society would classify as being manly in nature? Wouldn't that conflict with the attraction factor - given a lesbian only likes women? Or is it simply attraction to the physical form alone?

It just seems contradictory to me. Attraction for me is more than physical - there's personality too. If my wife acted masculine like me,and dressed like me, but was still a woman, I don't believe I would have been attracted to her.

And if what defines a man as being a man or a woman being a woman is open interpretation and there are no lines, other than genitals and breasts, then why are the separations in things like bathrooms, changing rooms, clothing, etc.,.

Feedback appreciated.
    Last edited by E4RUMOR; 03-08-2015 at 02:26 AM.
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

"Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

"Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post

Feedback appreciated.
    With all due respect, You are wasting your time trying to understand it. They are in a state of arrested development and they don't even know why themselves... Many of these poor souls are just victims of the 40 years of satanic MSM organized brainwashing. It's part of the depopulation agenda

http://www.supremelaw.org/authors/dodd/interview.htm

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Recently I was sand-blasted by some liberal, left wing friends and family after posting some questions and observations - Ergo, I'm going to post it here and get the answer from the "Horse's mouth" so to speak. All I ask is read what I write in it's entirety before you opt to respond, and then provide some feed-back. If you happen to be a lesbian, that would be even better.

The question I posed is as follows:

"If lesbians are only attracted to the same sex, why is it in the majority of lesbian couples, one tries to look, dress, and act like a guy? How does that play into the attraction factor? Just an observation. The same goes for gay guys. Why in the majority of gay couples does one guy act more feminine?"

Now, the responses I received to said question were of ridicule and accusations of being judgmental and lacking understanding. I know enough about debates to understand when you criticize someone else's view as having a lack of understanding, the only way you can know that is if you possess the knowledge they do not have about a topic. Otherwise, saying someone posted in error due to lack of understanding is merely an opinion of theirs. Yet other than that assertion of my ignorance, no explanation was provided.

Hence my question wasn't answered.

I looked online for other answers to this question - One illustration provided was that the "Butch" in the relationship is genuinely attracted to the same sex and the female figure - the woman who is not butch is looking for nurturing, which the Butch provides. - Ok, but how does that explain the change in appearance, and mannerisms? Why can't a woman be a woman in dress an mannerisms and provide the same nurturing - why does a transformation in character and appearance become necessary in the relationship?

As another lesbian poster pointed out: "blah, blah, blah
    I am gay because I like woman. Im gonna go for the girl that looks like a hot piece of ***, not the girl that looks like a guy. Sorry but, you might as well be straight."

So, summing it up: Why would someone who is attracted to women, settle up for a woman who ignores the societal standards of being a woman - reverting to a more masculine persona, essentially taking on the appearance and mannerisms of what society would classify as being manly in nature? Wouldn't that conflict with the attraction factor - given a lesbian only likes women? Or is it simply attraction to the physical form alone?

It just seems contradictory to me. Attraction for me is more than physical - there's personality too. If my wife acted masculine like me,and dressed like me, but was still a woman, I don't believe I would have been attracted to her.

And if what defines a man as being a man or a woman being a woman is open interpretation and there are no lines, other than genitals and breasts, then why are the separations in things like bathrooms, changing rooms, clothing, etc.,.

Feedback appreciated.
    A person can be attracted to another person due to many factors be it physical, mental and/or spiritual. With that said, it might seem confusing why someone would say that they are attracted to the same gender yet the partner that they end up with tends to appear and/or act like the member of the opposite gender. The missing component to your ability to understand how this works is more due to how you see yourself and the relationships that you typically you have yourself.

As you have illustrated, if your wife was to start dressing up like a man or even behaving like a man, you wouldn't find her attractive. This is based on your perception of what you find attractive. However, just as you find a woman attractive when she looks and acts in the manner that is attractive to you, there are those who find a woman that looks and acts like a man attractive and vice versa. There are men who find other men attractive who act like men and others who fine men who dress up like women attractive. It's all about what qualities a person has that you find attractive and finding a person that have those qualities.

If the person who have those qualities happen to be a woman, then you might tend to be attracted to women. If a man, then the same applies. Depending who is attracted to who, that can mean that you are straight, gay, lesbian, queer, or who knows what... (too many to list and there are plenty of them).

As for why someone would dress and act in a manner that is not of their gender... Actually, it's kind of the same reason except, instead of looking for someone who has those qualities, they are looking to possess those qualities themselves. That is, the qualities that they find that makes them more appealing to others and ,more importantly, more appealing to themselves, are the qualities that they wish to embody and project. Whether in whole or in part, having these qualities is important to them because it is how they want the world to see them. To them, these qualities are immutable because it allows them the comfort of being able to be both truthful to others and to be truthful to themselves. I'm sure you can understand how important this can be to someone. Your signature indicates where your beliefs lay. Understand for them, the same is true. It is a quality that no matter how you arrived to it, it brings you great comfort in knowing the truth about yourself, your world and how you fit in it.

Sorry for the long windedness, your question is one of very large complexity and it's hard to answer in a short and sweet fashion. Also, I hope you can understand that I mean no offense to you, your wife or your beliefs. I only tried to draw on those things that you are familiar with in order to answer your question in the best way possible to help you visualize their side and thus "walk a mile" in their shoes. I do hope I've helped you. Please let me know if I didn't. Cheers
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollyn01 View Post
    A person can be attracted to another person due to many factors be it physical, mental and/or spiritual. With that said, it might seem confusing why someone would say that they are attracted to the same gender yet the partner that they end up with tends to appear and/or act like the member of the opposite gender. The missing component to your ability to understand how this works is more due to how you see yourself and the relationships that you typically you have yourself.

As you have illustrated, if your wife was to start dressing up like a man or even behaving like a man, you wouldn't find her attractive. This is based on your perception of what you find attractive. However, just as you find a woman attractive when she looks and acts in the manner that is attractive to you, there are those who find a woman that looks and acts like a man attractive and vice versa. There are men who find other men attractive who act like men and others who fine men who dress up like women attractive. It's all about what qualities a person has that you find attractive and finding a person that have those qualities.

If the person who have those qualities happen to be a woman, then you might tend to be attracted to women. If a man, then the same applies. Depending who is attracted to who, that can mean that you are straight, gay, lesbian, queer, or who knows what... (too many to list and there are plenty of them).

As for why someone would dress and act in a manner that is not of their gender... Actually, it's kind of the same reason except, instead of looking for someone who has those qualities, they are looking to possess those qualities themselves. That is, the qualities that they find that makes them more appealing to others and ,more importantly, more appealing to themselves, are the qualities that they wish to embody and project. Whether in whole or in part, having these qualities is important to them because it is how they want the world to see them. To them, these qualities are immutable because it allows them the comfort of being able to be both truthful to others and to be truthful to themselves. I'm sure you can understand how important this can be to someone. Your signature indicates where your beliefs lay. Understand for them, the same is true. It is a quality that no matter how you arrived to it, it brings you great comfort in knowing the truth about yourself, your world and how you fit in it.

Sorry for the long windedness, your question is one of very large complexity and it's hard to answer in a short and sweet fashion. Also, I hope you can understand that I mean no offense to you, your wife or your beliefs. I only tried to draw on those things that you are familiar with in order to answer your question in the best way possible to help you visualize their side and thus "walk a mile" in their shoes. I do hope I've helped you. Please let me know if I didn't. Cheers

Hey, thanks for the response - I totally get your meaning on this. If a person wants to project an image of what they aspire to be, that makes sense. However, there's still a contradictory notion on the behalf of the person who would be attracted to them -

For instance - A woman wishes to possess the qualities that are stereotype male - So she acts, dresses, and takes on the personality of the stereotype she wishes she was. A second woman comes along, and likes what she projects - but those qualities are all stereotype male - This is where I get hung up. If the second woman comes along, and likes the stereotype qualities found in a male, why is she opting to hook up with a female who is attempting to project those qualities rather than the majority of average guys in whom those characteristics come naturally as a byproduct of genetic make-up?

For example, if what I find attractive about women in mannerisms I cannot find in a specific woman, it doesn't logically follow in my mind to give up on the female species altogether and pursue a man who attempts to display those qualities.

And like I said before - if personality and roles are open to interpretation between the sexes -whether male or female, then what is left? What differentiates? In this case, what makes a woman a woman, or a man a man?

Ergo, when a woman says, "I only like women.", and hook up with a woman(per genitalia)who acts like a man, what does the phrase, "I only like women." mean?
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

"Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

"Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hey, thanks for the response - I totally get your meaning on this. If a person wants to project an image of what they aspire to be, that makes sense. However, there's still a contradictory notion on the behalf of the person who would be attracted to them -

For instance - A woman wishes to possess the qualities that are stereotype male - So she acts, dresses, and takes on the personality of the stereotype she wishes she was. A second woman comes along, and likes what she projects - but those qualities are all stereotype male - This is where I get hung up. If the second woman comes along, and likes the stereotype qualities found in a male, why is she opting to hook up with a female who is attempting to project those qualities rather than the majority of average guys in whom those characteristics come naturally as a byproduct of genetic make-up?

For example, if what I find attractive about women in mannerisms I cannot find in a specific woman, it doesn't logically follow in my mind to give up on the female species altogether and pursue a man who attempts to display those qualities.

And like I said before - if personality and roles are open to interpretation between the sexes -whether male or female, then what is left? What differentiates? In this case, what makes a woman a woman, or a man a man?

Ergo, when a woman says, "I only like women.", and hook up with a woman(per genitalia)who acts like a man, what does the phrase, "I only like women." mean?
    They get to have the positives of being with a male without the negatives of being with one. Think of how you would describe the your idea of what it means to be a "manly man". Then imagine what your idea of what it means to be a "girly girl". For a straight woman, it's all about having the manly man. However, and as I'm sure you have already experienced, having someone who shares one of your qualities would be something that is desirable (the more the better) because you can better understand each other through that shared quality. So as much as a straight woman would want a manly man, if there is a quality that she can have in common with that manly man, that would make him more desirable (and thus attractive) in her eyes. Now extend this to include the quality of gender, and you can begin to see why a "girly girl" (who is a lesbian) may be attracted to another woman who looks and acts like a man. She has the shared quality of being a woman. She can better understand the "manly" woman on that quality without having to deal with the negative qualities that would typically come with a "manly man".

By the way, you're welcome.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollyn01 View Post
    They get to have the positives of being with a male without the negatives of being with one. Think of how you would describe the your idea of what it means to be a "manly man". Then imagine what your idea of what it means to be a "girly girl". For a straight woman, it's all about having the manly man. However, and as I'm sure you have already experienced, having someone who shares one of your qualities would be something that is desirable (the more the better) because you can better understand each other through that shared quality. So as much as a straight woman would want a manly man, if there is a quality that she can have in common with that manly man, that would make him more desirable (and thus attractive) in her eyes. Now extend this to include the quality of gender, and you can begin to see why a "girly girl" (who is a lesbian) may be attracted to another woman who looks and acts like a man. She has the shared quality of being a woman. She can better understand the "manly" woman on that quality without having to deal with the negative qualities that would typically come with a "manly man".

By the way, you're welcome.

Oh. Okay. I figured since not all "manly men" are the same, it would be a matter of deduction and finding one who possesses the qualities you're looking for and doesn't possess the negative qualities. The same process heterosexuals individuals use when finding someone they connect with - Because personality aside, the only thing the two women would have in common in the illustration you provided would be their physical characteristics. That is, unless you are implying all "manly men" possess the same negative characteristics, hence it's an impossibility for a woman to find man who meets her needs like a "manly" acting female would.
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It poses a great question as to whether they are attracted to the gender, physically, or they are attracted to the attributes, or both.

It must be both. For instance, I like women who act feminine. Does that mean that I should be just as happy with a guy who acts feminine? Same goes for lesbians, I assume. It's a combination of the two, IMO.

If you think about it, the perfect couple, if just based on the actions of the people, would be a flamboyant gay guy with a butch lesbian. But, I think the generalization is, of all the combinations you can create, (straight/straight, gay/gay, gay/straight), butch lesbians an feminine gay guys do not generally get along too well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh. Okay. I figured since not all "manly men" are the same, it would be a matter of deduction and finding one who possesses the qualities you're looking for and doesn't possess the negative qualities. The same process heterosexuals individuals use when finding someone they connect with - Because personality aside, the only thing the two women would have in common in the illustration you provided would be their physical characteristics. That is, unless you are implying all "manly men" possess the same negative characteristics, hence it's an impossibility for a woman to find man who meets her needs like a "manly" acting female would.
    You got it. Sorry for the late response, took a nap for some odd reason. Fucking coffee!!