Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Army Eases Ban on Transgendered Soldiers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    You'd make a horrible politician, since you have this habit of getting straight to the point and putting your opinion up front and center.
    That is actually a compliment
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I googled "Florence High School Colorado trangender" and also found:

Anti-LGBT Group Admits It Invented Story About Transgender Student Harassing Classmates [UPDATED]

https://thinkprogress.org/anti-lgbt-...-d66f40c01517/
    It got me curious and admittedly, Think Progress is the left wing version of Info Wars ... but there are plenty of references to the incident. Seems that the school conducted an investigation and found the accusations unsubstantiated. The girls continued accusing the transgender girl of harassment, including reports of incident on days that the transgender girl wasn't at school; at that point the school told them to knock it off or be removed from the sports teams. To me it sounds like a weird correlation to the Justice Kavenaugh hearing:

-allegations
    -investigation
    -no evidence
    -school closed the investigation (better than the Kavenaugh) hearing
    -allegations continued ... including at least one that was demonstrably false
    -girls were told to stop or face discipline

I don't fall into the "all women must be believed" or "all accusers must be believed" camp because ... sometimes people make things up to advance an agenda. There was more to the story ... but finding it probably depends on if you have already decided you want to hear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

It got me curious and admittedly, Think Progress is the left wing version of Info Wars ... but there are plenty of references to the incident. Seems that the school conducted an investigation and found the accusations unsubstantiated. The girls continued accusing the transgender girl of harassment, including reports of incident on days that the transgender girl wasn't at school; at that point the school told them to knock it off or be removed from the sports teams. To me it sounds like a weird correlation to the Justice Kavenaugh hearing:

-allegations
    -investigation
    -no evidence

I don't fall into the "all women must be believed" or "all accusers must be believed" camp because ... sometimes people make things up to advance an agenda. There was more to the story ... but finding it probably depends on if you have already decided you want to hear.
    Lol! Thank you, this was too good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ... sometimes people make things up to advance an agenda.
    Very annoying to even turn on the news, which I don't. However, whenever I'm at the gym and glance over to the TV with CNN (only news channel they show), the banner at the bottom of the screen is ALWAYS something against Trump. I used to actually defend some of these 'news' sources, but it's clear there's an agenda...and it's not to communicate unbiased facts. It's to influence how people vote. Sickening.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

-allegations
    -investigation
    -no evidence

Interesting. IN that case i retract my statement about students have been punished or threatened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very annoying to even turn on the news, which I don't. However, whenever I'm at the gym and glance over to the TV with CNN (only news channel they show), the banner at the bottom of the screen is ALWAYS something against Trump. I used to actually defend some of these 'news' sources, but it's clear there's an agenda...and it's not to communicate unbiased facts. It's to influence how people vote. Sickening.
    It is unfortunate that our media has gone so partisan (left, right ... etc) and are playing / hoping that confirmation bias prevents their audience from looking past a headline.

The girls in the Florence High School story were indeed told to stop harassing the transgender girl or face removal from sports teams. The rest of the story (that painted them as the one likely doing the / more harassing and lying) was ignored by right biased infotainment was ignored, as well as any legitimate concerns of the girls or parents by the left biased establishments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is unfortunate that our media has gone so partisan (left, right ... etc) and are playing / hoping that confirmation bias prevents their audience from looking past a headline.

The girls in the Florence High School story were indeed told to stop harassing the transgender girl or face removal from sports teams. The rest of the story (that painted them as the one likely doing the / more harassing and lying) was ignored by right biased infotainment was ignored, as well as any legitimate concerns of the girls or parents by the left biased establishments.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It is unfortunate that our media has gone so partisan (left, right ... etc)
    When wasn't it?
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    When wasn't it?
    There has always been bias; most of the original founders had opinions published in their day ... they weren’t wasn’t neutral.

What I am getting at is my thought that in our modern era and pundits have gone much further than anytime in the past and are on often tying anything / everything to an agenda. Combine that with the far too often exposed confirmation bias despite the availability of information and ... well ... here we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    When wasn't it?
    There has always been bias; most of the original founders had opinions published in their day ... they weren’t wasn’t neutral.

What I am getting at is my thought that in our modern era and pundits have gone much further than anytime in the past and are on often tying anything / everything to an agenda. Combine that with the far too often exposed confirmation bias despite the availability of information and ... well ... here we are.