Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Eases Ban on Transgendered Soldiers

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I'm not sure how this issue will ultimately pan out, as it runs in the very face of 'equality' and will only create more resentment from the parents and kids who've worked so hard for so long to be competitive, only to have all training efforts negated when they're told to either compete against a biological male, or drop out of the sport altogether. To complain about it is to be labeled a "bigot," because otherwise the transgender 'equality' proponents will be forced to admit that a transgender female is, well, not really a female.
    Exactly. The left pushes the Mantra of "we have to accept/allow it" all because of equality, when in effect, its making things LESS EQUAL..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Exactly. The left pushes the Mantra of "we have to accept/allow it" all because of equality, when in effect, its making things LESS EQUAL..
    Well, I know I'm going to regret this, but I'm gonna roll the dice:

Please provide me with some factual evidence/examples of students being forced to leave sports because of transgender students participating.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Here ya go meat..
    https://www.wnd.com/2013/10/complain...brings-threat/

https://www.infowars.com/girls-threa...om-harassment/

When the female students continued to complain about the harassment, the school threatened to kick them off the athletic team or even hit them with hate crimes charges if they didn’t stay silent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Garhkal, the "WND" article has nothing to do with sports and transgender. Also, the "Infowars" article you posted talks about harassment for bathroom usage. Are we still talking about transgender participation in sports, or are we switching gears? Just checking. We need the facts about said "harassment" before crucifying anyone over anything. I commend you on actually citing an article; however, please note that the only thing you could come up with is "Infowars": the conspiracy theory/nut job right wing outlet that says Hillary ran a sex slave ring, Sandy Hook was fake, some yogurts make you gay, and chem trails and "gay bombs" are thing to worry about.

Anyways, the "Infowars article" (lol) states that children complaining about a school policy/state law were threatened with hate crime charges. What was said or done by these students, and was there harassment? It's Infowars, man....

The truth is that I don't really feel it's fair or unfair in each case, as it depends on the sport, persons involved, etc. The bathroom issue? Well, once again countries around the world laugh at us as we cry about "problems" that no one else sees as a problem. Plenty of other developed countries have unisex bathrooms or transgender policies in place that allow them to use the bathroom of their identified gender. Zero issues worth noting.
    Last edited by meatbringer; 05-19-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meatbringer View Post
    The truth is that I don't really feel it's fair or unfair in each case, as it depends on the sport, persons involved, etc.
    If you don't have a set standard, then WHO gets to decide in each individual case?

[/QUOTE]The bathroom issue? Well, once again countries around the world laugh at us as we cry about "problems" that no one else sees as a problem. Plenty of other developed countries have unisex bathrooms or transgender policies in place that allow them to use the bathroom of their identified gender. Zero issues worth noting.[/QUOTE]

You state that other countries "laugh" at us. A country in itself is not a person, and therefore is incapable of expressing any "opinion." Therefore, I am quite certain you are referring to the official, collective voice of their individual governments. I am also quite certain that if you were to poll actual people, you will find quite a number of them who are just as opposed to unisex bathrooms as us barbaric, rich, gun-toting homophobic, bible-thumping, deplorable bigoted Americans.

In the view of those who are proponents of universal government control, issues brought up by individuals are never "worth noting."
    Last edited by FLAPS; 05-19-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If you don't have a set standard, then WHO gets to decide in each individual case?
    The school district, local government, state, etc.

[/QUOTE]You state that other countries "laugh" at us. A country in itself is not a person, and therefore is incapable of expressing any "opinion." Therefore, I am quite certain you are referring to the official, collective voice of their individual governments. I am also quite certain that if you were to poll actual people, you will find quite a number of them who are just as opposed to unisex bathrooms as us barbaric, rich, gun-toting homophobic, bible-thumping, deplorable bigoted Americans.

In the view of those who are proponents of universal government control, issues brought up by individuals are never "worth noting."[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, guess I'll have to clarify. People polled and interviewed in countries around the world (Ireland, Argentina, Norway), specifically in countries where there are unisex bathrooms and similar trans bathroom standards, laugh at us and are confused as to why we make an issue of it.

I always hear about "liberal/leftist crying," and yet, specifically on this forum, all I read are a select few crying about policies that are not only not hurting anyone, but they are not issues anywhere else in the world. When asked for proof of these "problems," I get Infowars replies or personal opinion from people who call trans "perverse lunatics."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    People polled and interviewed in countries around the world (Ireland, Argentina, Norway), specifically in countries where there are unisex bathrooms and similar trans bathroom standards, laugh at us and are confused as to why we make an issue of it.
    Whose polls? Salon, HuffPO, MSNBC? You also state that nobody is hurt from these policies, yet I cited one example on this thread of where a teenage female was hurt because she worked her ass off for years to be competitive, only to have zero chance of winning a competition against a MALE who wears a skirt. It's SICK that ANY government or school board would allow that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whose polls? Salon, HuffPO, MSNBC? You also state that nobody is hurt from these policies, yet I cited one example on this thread of where a teenage female was hurt because she worked her ass off for years to be competitive, only to have zero chance of winning a competition against a MALE who wears a skirt. It's SICK that ANY government or school board would allow that.
    https://apnews.com/c77488997596473a9355aaaec0faca48

https://www.mic.com/articles/114066/...u-in-bathrooms

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/busin...lgbt-community

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...BqN/story.html

I also named some of the countries that are more advanced than the US with trans laws/rights, so please feel free to look them up. Also, Denmark, Malta, Spain...the list goes on. Many developed countries have far more lax trans laws, unisex bathrooms, and no real issues. The only noteworthy issues that come about are uncomfortable, scared cranks beating on these poor people due to their ignorance and hate.

So this female high school athlete was hurt? By hurt do you mean she didn't get first place? Whatever the case, I don't fully agree with all the policies out there concerning high school sports. Like I said, it's a discussion that needs to be had, debated at the proper levels, and decided on by the people who make those decisions with all the necessary facts and variables taken into consideration. No, I don't agree with it all. A good example is the trans wrestler who demolished all the female wrestlers due to higher T levels, larger frame and muscle structure, etc. Like I said, these things need to be debated and decided upon by informed adults, but that's difficult to accomplish. These forums are a great example of why these conversations can't be had.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The only noteworthy issues that come about are uncomfortable, scared cranks beating on these poor people due to their ignorance and hate.

These forums are a great example of why these conversations can't be had.
    You're right, these conversations can't be had, especially when you label someone with an opposing opinion as an "uncomfortable, scared crank." Then again, that's what some people do...shut down the discussion with name calling. Stay classy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A good example is the trans wrestler who demolished all the female wrestlers due to higher T levels, larger frame and muscle structure, etc.
    Then wouldn't a genetic/biological female (i.e. born female) soldier be "demolished" in hand-to-hand combat against a genetic/biological male soldier "due to higher T levels, larger frame and muscle structure, etc" of the genetic/biological male soldier?
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others