Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Eases Ban on Transgendered Soldiers

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    in general today’s junior personnel do not have the same attitudes on serving side by side with females or LGBT folks.
    These lunatic perversions are not as accepted, as we've been lead to believe... At least not according my 26 year old, Infantry Officer son & his buddies in the Army.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-16-2019 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    These lunatic perversions are not as accepted, as we've been lead to believe... At least not according my 26 year old, Infantry Officer son & his buddies in the Army.
    Probably not as many with an agenda would put it ... but based on what I observe, it isn't as stigmatized as it would have been when I first entered the military 28 years ago; my point being ... we are all 'around' the same age ... what we in our teens / young 20s would have scoffed at, most of the young service members don't. It happens.

Something I noticed when I transitioned from regular infantry to Recon / Special Operations etc. was a lot less talk & concern (BS) over the color of someones skin, where or if they went to church, if they were male or female, who they slept with etc. ... most important was if they could do the job. Professionals can recognize that they may have a personal bias, but that isn't the job ... and set it aside to get things done.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    The son of the man who refers to them as "lunatic perversions" doesn't accept them? Wow, you don't say! I wonder why that is? lol

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Probably not as many with an agenda would put it ... but based on what I observe, it isn't as stigmatized as it would have been when I first entered the military 28 years ago; my point being ... we are all 'around' the same age ... what we in our teens / young 20s would have scoffed at, most of the young service members don't. It happens.
    And imo that is down somewhat, to the indoctrination they get at schooling, from K to college, to 'be accepting or be a bigot'..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A politically incorrect cartoon...

https://comicallyincorrect.com/a-fbr...-equality-act/
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    With the news that transgender weight lifter, got stripped. That cartoon is spot on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post

I heard about a different story on the radio last week. It's an absolute travesty that what biological females are having to deal with in sports. I was listening to an interview with this girl and she said the response to her concerns about her inability to compete with a transgender girl was, "stop complaining and start training harder."

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/05/...ological-boys/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I heard about a different story on the radio last week. It's an absolute travesty that what biological females are having to deal with in sports. I was listening to an interview with this girl and she said the response to her concerns about her inability to compete with a transgender girl was, "stop complaining and start training harder."

I would agree that allowing genetic males who have transitioned / are transition to a female Stu’s compete athletically against genetic females presents an unfair situation.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post

I've seen similar stories, where girls at schools, complained about having to compete against guys who 'claimed to be women', and were beating them. AND they were told to shut up/stop whining, or get kicked off the squad..!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I've seen similar stories, where girls at schools, complained about having to compete against guys who 'claimed to be women', and were beating them. AND they were told to shut up/stop whining, or get kicked off the squad..!
    I'm not sure how this issue will ultimately pan out, as it runs in the very face of 'equality' and will only create more resentment from the parents and kids who've worked so hard for so long to be competitive, only to have all training efforts negated when they're told to either compete against a biological male, or drop out of the sport altogether. To complain about it is to be labeled a "bigot," because otherwise the transgender 'equality' proponents will be forced to admit that a transgender female is, well, not really a female.