Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPR Rating Change Rumor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EPR Rating Change Rumor

I heard they were getting rid of the overall number ratings from EPRs, and it'll basically look like an Officer's PRF. Definitely Promote, Promote, and Do Not Promote blocks. Can anyone confirm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More info in this new AFSA article, Onward and Upward by Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Cody.

https://aforganizing.files.wordpress...n-feb-2015.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niirs View Post
    More info in this new AFSA article, Onward and Upward by Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Cody.

https://aforganizing.files.wordpress...n-feb-2015.pdf
    I was trying to post this right after it came out but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ah, so it's in this order: Do Not Promote, Not Ready Now, Promote, Must Promote, Promote Now. For E6 and below PN is limited to 5%, and MP is limited to 15%. For E7 and E8, it's 10% and 20%.

Can't say I'd bitch about that, but since we don't use WAPS in the reserves... it's not going to affect me one way or the other.

In the Navy, it's 20% and 30% for E6 and below; and 20% and 20% for E7 and above. I think that the Air Force has it pretty good, as 5% and 15% aren't enough to raise the cutoff scores to make it impossible for anyone with a P to get promoted. I mean, maybe it will happen, but it shouldn't be as bad as it is in the Navy.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It sounds like getting "face time" with the commander is going to be even more important than ever to get the promote now nod. The brown nosers are really going to be putting in overtime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    It sounds like getting "face time" with the commander is going to be even more important than ever to get the promote now nod. The brown nosers are really going to be putting in overtime.
    The brown nosers are the ones getting lumped in with the folks actually working, with all of them getting 5s now. While it won't keep all of them down, the hard workers will finally have a chance to stand out.

And in the end, it isn't going to change the number of selects, so there will be folks getting promoted with "promote" recommendations.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    The brown nosers are the ones getting lumped in with the folks actually working, with all of them getting 5s now. While it won't keep all of them down, the hard workers will finally have a chance to stand out.
    I see your point but I think those actually working are going to have to make time for face time meaning the quality and/or quantity of their work will diminish. From my experience of observing brown nosers is they do enough work sufficiently well but they spend too much time with or near the commander so as to make themselves seem "indispensable" and therefore more apt to get the promote now nod.

And in the end, it isn't going to change the number of selects, so there will be folks getting promoted with "promote" recommendations.
    I agree that it won't change the number of selects but it could hold back those more deserving of the promotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post

I agree it isn't going to change the number of selects. But there is just something that pisses me off when I see someone who does just enough of their job to keep it from going under, but spends a majority of their time of doing anything and everything they can to get face time with CC.

I had a UDM at base X I just left. Worthless! I pretty much did her job for her when one of my guys was deploying for the first time. The only thing she did was his final out, and that was a huge mess. But she was all over the SQ booster club, all the CFC/AFAF campaigns that come out, and doing all the CCs pet projects. Is it smart? Absolutely! But it still pisses me off to know that she will be in the same category as me, maybe even higher because I don’t get as much face time with the CC.
    Last edited by jpeters; 03-09-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Ah, so it's in this order: Do Not Promote, Not Ready Now, Promote, Must Promote, Promote Now. For E6 and below PN is limited to 5%, and MP is limited to 15%. For E7 and E8, it's 10% and 20%.

Can't say I'd bitch about that, but since we don't use WAPS in the reserves... it's not going to affect me one way or the other.

In the Navy, it's 20% and 30% for E6 and below; and 20% and 20% for E7 and above. I think that the Air Force has it pretty good, as 5% and 15% aren't enough to raise the cutoff scores to make it impossible for anyone with a P to get promoted. I mean, maybe it will happen, but it shouldn't be as bad as it is in the Navy.
    Rusty mostly true...except for E7/E8. That 10%/20% is the limit for stratification/SRE not promotion recommendation.
    Last edited by Ripcord; 03-10-2015 at 02:04 AM.