Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our old "friend" PYB in the news

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Our old "friend" PYB in the news

Looks like his suit was thrown out of court (again). As much of a dillweed as he might have been, he wasn't wrong for filing this suit. I think he was robbed. What do you all think?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/m...ssed/24391687/
    Last edited by Capt Alfredo; 03-05-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I initially thought he was off his rocker. Then I started doing some reading and independent study on constitutional rights. PYB was right on the money. I sent him a message of apology via his blog.

Those checkpoints are unconstitutional and should be disbanded. The only reason they are allowed to continue is that there are more than enough ignorant people that will "cooperate" and thus their actions lead to arrests. It 's a number game. I completely agree with the dissenting judge in that "Standing on one's rights is not an 'unorthodox tactic.' It is a venerable American tradition." Government can only overreach in its powers with the consent of the people.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    I initially thought he was off his rocker. Then I started doing some reading and independent study on constitutional rights. PYB was right on the money. I sent him a message of apology via his blog.

Those checkpoints are unconstitutional and should be disbanded. The only reason they are allowed to continue is that there are more than enough ignorant people that will "cooperate" and thus their actions lead to arrests. It 's a number game. I completely agree with the dissenting judge in that "Standing on one's rights is not an 'unorthodox tactic.' It is a venerable American tradition." Government can only overreach in its powers with the consent of the people.
    PYB lives in the world of "what should be" instead of the world of "what is." Did they waste his time? Sure. But he added to it by wasting more of his own time by pursuing this case. That's his life if that's how we wants to live it, but if he sees anyone claim that they'd do something different from what he had done... he'll turn into the Hulk on PMS and go to town on their ass.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rusty Nailed it. Some people's mission in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 03-05-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    PYB lives in the world of "what should be" instead of the world of "what is." Did they waste his time? Sure. But he added to it by wasting more of his own time by pursuing this case.
    OK... let's rewind to the 1950s and 60s in the deep south. During that time, the world of "what is" included rampant racism and denial of civil rights to blacks. Would the actions (pursuing the case) of those involved in the civil rights movement be viewed as wasting their time? I'm sure there will be responses along the lines of "but that's different!"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    OK... let's rewind to the 1950s and 60s in the deep south. During that time, the world of "what is" included rampant racism and denial of civil rights to blacks. Would the actions (pursuing the case) of those involved in the civil rights movement be viewed as wasting their time? I'm sure there will be responses along the lines of "but that's different!"
    Yep, you're damned straight I'm going to point out that it's different, and you predicting that I'm gonna go that route doesn't invalidate what I'm going to say, which is this: the Civil Rights Movement wasn't one man's personal crusade, as is PYB's case. PYB likes to "fight battles" for it's own sake. It's something that he gets personal satisfaction from. Things he doesn't take into consideration is the fact that winning some battles may cost him the war. Sometimes, when the interests of two parties conflicts; it might be a good idea to concede if the opposing party getting their way is more important to them than you getting your way is to you.

PYB got himself into a bunch of BS, because he felt he was being inconvenienced when he shouldn't have been. While I completely understand that, that specific moment is not the time to be fighting that battle if you choose to fight it. It's like being given an order in the military - as long as following that order does not put you in violation of the UCMJ, you follow that order and take it up with the person who gave you that order later.

Such is life. Are there situations where you might be compelled to do certain things that you feel you shouldn't have to do? Of course, but the fact that you feel you shouldn't have to do them... you're gonna have to get over that shit.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The problem was that he was a DB through this process. He could have taken 5 seconds, showed his ID, and been done with it.

The difference between this and the 1950s/1960s civil rights movement is that PYB was looking for a reason to cause a stink. I wouldn't be surprised if he drove through the check point purposely just to instigate the case. The civil rights movement wasn't about people going around looking for trouble...trouble was finding them.

And, don't forget, he's the one who also said that he wouldn't have participated in the Japanese internment but he also wouldn't have fought against it. He likes to pretend he's on a pedestal with his "fight" when, really, his convictions aren't as strong as he'd like everyone to think.

edit: And this biggest issue with this entire thing is the statement made that he was "an unusually uncooperative person". I realize that he didn't do anything "technically" wrong, but he did intentionally make things way more difficult than they needed to be. If I see a guy driving by my house in a fully armored car I would indeed become suspicious, warranted or not.
    Last edited by sandsjames; 03-05-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope we're not seriously comparing this to the Civil Rights Movement lol.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    These guys like PYB are much like those crazy storm chasers. I guess they are doing a service. But, you shouldn't be surprised if you wind up dead when driving right into the eye of an F-5 tornado just to try and catch it ripping shit up on video.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 03-05-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Pot, meet Kettle.