Thread: Restoring the Faith With Our Military

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Restoring the Faith With Our Military

We need each of you to get involved in reaching out to your elected leaders (see link in story).

"In the end, many of us may differ on what the final military pay and benefits package should look like...what I want more than agreement is your involvement. Sitting this one out isn't in yours or our nation's best interest."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeremy...b_6705290.html

The original story is here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeremy...b_6547296.html

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLRMHILTON View Post
    We need each of you to get involved in reaching out to your elected leaders (see link in story).

"In the end, many of us may differ on what the final military pay and benefits package should look like...what I want more than agreement is your involvement. Sitting this one out isn't in yours or our nation's best interest."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeremy...b_6705290.html

The original story is here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeremy...b_6547296.html
    +1 and before you reach out to your elected "leaders".. it helps to arm yourself with some facts....

Corporate Taxes end of 2013 = 273.5 Billion (Treasury data end of Fiscal year Sept 2013)

Corporate Profits end of 2013 = $1.9045 Trillion

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    +1 and before you reach out to your elected "leaders".. it helps to arm yourself with some facts....

Corporate Taxes end of 2013 = 273.5 Billion (Treasury data end of Fiscal year Sept 2013)

Corporate Profits end of 2013 = $1.9045 Trillion
    So that is just under 1/8 of total profits, or 12.5%.

My taxable income last year between everything was $65k. I paid $2k in taxes. That means that I paid out just under 3%.

So please tell me how the rich are paying less in tax than I am? I'm not a genius, but I'm pretty sure that 12.5% is more than 4 times my 3%.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So that is just under 1/8 of total profits, or 12.5%.

My taxable income last year between everything was $65k. I paid $2k in taxes. That means that I paid out just under 3%.

So please tell me how the rich are paying less in tax than I am? I'm not a genius, but I'm pretty sure that 12.5% is more than 4 times my 3%.
    Rainmaker's talking about corporate taxes not your personal income taxes. But, Don't worry....Rainmaker never mistakes you for a genius.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-23-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Rainmaker's talking about corporate taxes not your personal income taxes. But, Don't worry....Rainmaker never mistakes you for a genius.
    Right...so still they pay 12.5%, as well as employing millions of people who also pay taxes. But it's easy to blame the evil corporations for all our woes. It's the popular thing to do. Gotta stay trendy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Right...so still they pay 12.5%, as well as employing millions of people who also pay taxes. But it's easy to blame the evil corporations for all our woes. It's the popular thing to do. Gotta stay trendy.
    Well, I am not buying into RM's simplified broad brush characterization but as I understand it the US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

If you want to go after a legitimate abuse of the system by 'the rich' (well technically not an abuse since it is legal) then abolish the capital gains tax rates. Income is income for us. It should be the same for those whose stock portfolios earn then millions. Lump it together as income to start the calculations to arrive at adjusted gross income. Stop taxing this income at a stupidly low rate. This is how Buffet paid such a small comparative amount he cited in his editorial.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Trendy? I know this should be a teachable moment.... But, Your ignorance of this subject is so breathtaking that I don't even know where to start. But, I'll try....

Most of the millions that they "employ" are in countries were the workers get paid slave wages, with no rights and contribute nothing to the US treasury at all. The minimum wage in China is $1.21 an hour. you're damn right they should pay more tax on those profits, just Who do you think keeps the trade routes open for these internationalist scum bags?

And, I don't blame the mega corporations for buying off politicians to set policies that only they can benefit from. Most of them are dual citizens of other countries, what do they care?. I blame the rat bastard politicians, that sold out the country to them.

But, Listen I don't want to hijack this important thread by arguing with someone who doesn't even understand the difference between a corporate tax rate (Hint it's for a fucking corporation) and a personal individual income effective tax rate. By the way Rainmaker's effective rate was 25%. largely because a third of his income came from capital gains, He still has 4 dependents and much of the rest was tax deferred., (which means I can't touch it till I'm 59 without getting screwed even more).

So, You're welcome. Now, Please Get your fat ass off the dole. We have Mexican babies to support...
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-24-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Well, I am not buying into RM's simplified broad brush characterization but as I understand it the US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

If you want to go after a legitimate abuse of the system by 'the rich' (well technically not an abuse since it is legal) then abolish the capital gains tax rates. Income is income for us. It should be the same for those whose stock portfolios earn then millions. Lump it together as income to start the calculations to arrive at adjusted gross income. Stop taxing this income at a stupidly low rate. This is how Buffet paid such a small comparative amount he cited in his editorial.
    Yes, the corporate "rate" is the highest in the world (35%) and the oligarchs will make sure that you hear about it over and over on their media that they own.

But, The part they never mention is that the US also has the most loopholes, subsidies and exemptions which, lowers the effective rate (what they actually pay) to below the world average

The system is designed that way to benefit the largest that can afford to pay to staff enough legal and accountants to negotiate the tax code, while crushing startup and smaller companies that can't afford to. This is how the effective (read actual) rate ends up only being 12% even though the corporate rate is 35%

http://www.ctj.org/corporatetaxdodge...fcorptaxes.php
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-24-2015 at 02:21 PM.