Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gahrkal where you at on this one??

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Gahrkal where you at on this one??

See below.... (at first glance it appears that)...Shit-Bird Colonel at DMAFB, AZ disses wounded warrior and allows Old Glory to be desecrated in Base Housing on his installation....EDIT....someone please tell Rainmaker this is a joke.

http://weaselzippers.us/213251-air-f...ered-u-s-flag/
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-18-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rainmaker, you start your own website? Nomsayin?
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Where am i at on this one.. I say i would be asking what sort of lawyers that colonel supposedly consulted, in finding that, this was NOT an altered flag, then i would be asking him what the hell he was snorting!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Where am i at on this one.. I say i would be asking what sort of lawyers that colonel supposedly consulted, in finding that, this was NOT an altered flag, then i would be asking him what the hell he was snorting!
    Probably depends on your definition of the term "altered". If the flag itself was originally made that way by design from the get-go, then no laws have been broken. If, however, it was originally a U.S. flag that was cut up and patched back together with the rainbow stripes, then the law has been violated.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Even if it was 'made that way', i thought being it was not blue and white stripes, it would be considered altered.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Do I like it? No; I personally find it distasteful.

Do I think it should be done on base? Not really.

What do the base regulations say about flying a non U.S. flag on your government provided house? Not sure.

BT BT

A bigger question for consideration here is what do we do about symbols we don't like? legally service members do not loose all their free speech rights as a consequence of their service; nor do I think it is enforcable to place extensive free speech limitations on their families who live on post. I can agree about banning political stump sign in yards in base housing, but what about POV's on post?

-Do we ban any and all bumper stickers on POVs or just those that we (the senior enlisted or commander) don't like?

-Do we ban symbols that imply an expression of faith -- any kind of faith -- or just those we disagree with?

-Do we ban expressions of political opinion -- or just those we disagree with?

BT BT

As far that flag violating the flag code, I don't think it does ... if it is flag that is produced to look like that they didn't alter / modify an existing flag; the design was modified but not an existing flag.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    Do I like it? No; I personally find it distasteful.

Do I think it should be done on base? Not really.

What do the base regulations say about flying a non U.S. flag on your government provided house? Not sure.

BT BT

A bigger question for consideration here is what do we do about symbols we don't like? legally service members do not loose all their free speech rights as a consequence of their service; nor do I think it is enforcable to place extensive free speech limitations on their families who live on post. I can agree about banning political stump sign in yards in base housing, but what about POV's on post?

-Do we ban any and all bumper stickers on POVs or just those that we (the senior enlisted or commander) don't like?

-Do we ban symbols that imply an expression of faith -- any kind of faith -- or just those we disagree with?

-Do we ban expressions of political opinion -- or just those we disagree with?

BT BT

As far that flag violating the flag code, I don't think it does ... if it is flag that is produced to look like that they didn't alter / modify an existing flag; the design was modified but not an existing flag.
    What is this??!! Military Family Housing or a god damn Hipster Homeowner's association?

The only thing more disgraceful than someone trying to make a political statement by flying that rag in Base housing.... Is a commander not having enough nut-sack to order it taken down on his base. It's Either that or he's a Fucktard Liberal Ideologue himself and thinks it's a good idea to make a mockery of the flag and the hijacked symbol of God's promise... How bout flying the stars and bars?? Should that be ok as well?

So, you Don't lose your Constitutional rights to free speech when you sign up...um ok.... Guess that means I can conceal carry and keep my firearms in my residence too huh? Since, it's my 2nd amendment right and all...... That "flag" is offensive as hell to a lot of people including the young MAN with his legs blown off that reported it...

Fuck the JAG!!! It's Thier Legal OPINION......If Rainmaker lived in that Housing...you can guarantee that that POS rag would be ripped the fuck down.... And if/when the traitorous dual citizens bastard Lawyers at the ACLU came calling HE'D take to the god-damn airways himself and make his own political statement. Nomsayin Bitchez//RM
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-19-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    The only thing more disgraceful than someone trying to make a political statement by flying that rag in Base housing.... Is the commander not having enough nut sack to order it taken down on his base. Either that or he's a Fucktard Liberal Ideologue himself...
    Would you rip a flag bikini off a female at the beach? (I may not really want to know that -- nomsayin?)

So, you Don't lose your Constitutional rights to free speech when you sign up...um ok.... Guess that means I can conceal carry and keep my firearms in my residence too huh? Since, it's my 2nd amendment right. How bout flying the stars and bars should that be ok as well?
    There is a cemetery on Fort Gordon where some WWII German POWs are buried, the cemetary flies the WWII Naval Ensign out of respect for them & many Civil War cemeterys fly the Confederate battle flag too; and people are offended by both.

You do lose some but not all of your 1st Amedment Rights. From the Supreme Court:

They do, in fact, have the same first amendment rights as their civilian brothers. They are, however, not absolute...The difference is that the military has peculiar needs and interests apart from those of the civilian community it serves, and they preclude the exercise of the right of free speech on as broad a basis as is the practice in the civilian community. No officer or man in the armed forces has a right, be it constitutional, statutory or otherwise, to publish any information (or make any statement) which will imperil his unit or its cause.
    Now you/we can debate what speech would imperil the unit or cause, but that wording does seem pretty clear that we voluntarily surrender some of our free speech rights by virtue of our voluntary service.

Fuck the JAG. It's a Legal OPINION...If Rainmaker lived in that Housing that POS rag would be ripped the fuck down.... And if/when the traitorous dual citizens bastard Lawyers at the ACLU came calling HE'D take to the god-damn airways myself and make his own political statement. Nomsayin Bitchez//RM
    If you start your own radio station, at least webcast that, I would love to hear it

Personally, I do find the thing distateful.
    Last edited by Stalwart; 02-19-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    Would you rip a flag bikini off a female at the beach? (I may not really want to know that -- nomsayin?)

There is a cemetery on Fort Gordon where some WWII German POWs are buried, the cemetary flies the WWII Naval Ensign out of respect for them & many Civil War cemeterys fly the Confederate battle flag too; and people are offended by both.

You do lose some but not all of your 1st Amedment Rights. From the Supreme Court:

Now you/we can debate what speech would imperil the unit or cause, but that wording does seem pretty clear that we voluntarily surrender some of our free speech rights by virtue of our voluntary service.

If you start your own radio station, at least webcast that, I would love to hear it

Personally, I do find the thing distateful.
    This I don't doubt....We have to say enough is enough....

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing..

Strength and Honor Commander!
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-19-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This I don't doubt....We have to say enough is enough...

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing..

Strength and Honor Commander!
    Strength and honor indeed.