Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Embassy security told to leave guns behind???1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So why were they told to destroy them, wasting tax payer money rather than take them with them?
    One of the articles I read is that transport was by a private Omani jet. I would imagine that the pilots, crew and owner of that aircraft have safety measures in place that may prohibit carry-on crew served weapons. If transport was a C-130 or a C-5, I bet they would have taken more stuff. This is not as unusual as you may think. Priority is our people, not items. The Marines did the right thing by rendering the weapons that were left behind unusable.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Isn't this standard procedure with all emergency evacuations? In Finance, our regulations actually state the various methods to destroy currency during an evacuation and how to document it. Obviously, currency is a different situation because it can always be re-printed.

Maybe I'm an idiot (strong possibility) but I assumed every other career field would treat their tools the same way. If you can't take it with you then you destroy it. Is that not the case? Or is Garhkal just really confused?
    But since this situation has been ongoing for at least a month now (where we have been talking about evacuating it), why the heck did they wait till the last damn minute to get out of there, prompting us to destroy everything left behind, when anyone with a modicum of common sense would have seen this coming and would have planned several trips to take those heavier weapons out first!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just stop it.

But since this situation has been ongoing for at least a month now (where we have been talking about evacuating it), why the heck did they wait till the last damn minute to get out of there,
    ...because you don't leave until it's time to leave...then you leave fast.

prompting us to destroy everything left behind, when anyone with a modicum of common sense would have seen this coming and would have planned several trips to take those heavier weapons out first!
    Really...you wanted them to take the weapons out before the people to save a few bucks? How stupid can someone get?? I can't imagine where the hell sense like that is common, but I hope it's not on our planet.

"Yes, Marine and embassy staff, we know this country is in turmoil, but, we're going to leave you only with light firearms because, gee, we'd really hate to waste $10,000 of taxpayer money on heavy weapons for you."

Dammit, I feel dumber just for having read that. Why bring weapons in there at all if, at the sign of trouble, we evacuate the weapons first? God dammit, man...can you tell how utterly ridiculous that sounds in your head or do you have to read it out loud?

I mean, this would be a pretty fricking funny Monty Python sketch, 'The Lark of War--incredibly moronic battle plans" by Sun Tzupid...but you're serious!

It's not like we left billions of dollars of stuff...a few dozen or so weapons that are destroyed. This is in almost every contingency bug-out plan everywhere.

This is standard operating procedure...stay away from the lunatic websites, they just post one stupid nonsense "End of America" bullshit story after another and you're embarassing yourself...every time you bring that nonsense here it turns out the same.

I'd think you would've learned by now.

Oh no...it's gonna be Friday the 13th two months in a row...obama adminsitration plan for darkness to attack Christian Americans everywhere...only "The Realest World Truthiness Website" uncovered this dastardly plan in time to foil it...you guys watch too much Batman growing up or something.

Cue Rainman with some more dumber than rocks Zionist, Marxist, Liberal Plan to ruin White America bullshit in 3...2...1...but, at least he's only playing a character.

Last edited by Measure Man; 02-14-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    :sucks::sucks:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    On this subject, but some years back, when Mogadishu was evacuated, the last serviceman to leave Mogadishu out to a ship was a Marine. All of the American equipment which couldn't be loaded was piled on the waterfront. That Marine, off shore at the time, used a radio controlled detonator, and all of the equipment at the docks, piers, and other parts of the waterfront and so on was blasted to pieces.

I am pretty sure that some advance parties that went out there to get the equipment, call Americans cowards, and to celebrate, were vaporized too.

Marines are very good at not only killing, they are also masters at breaking stuff, either with sledge hammers, or with explosives.

The only thing that I can think of that caused them to destroy their personal weapons was that if it was a private Omani jet, I am pretty sure that somebody from the Omani government or military was on that flight, and told them that there was no way that they could board the jet with their weapons.

Marines clean their weapons before they eat. They sometimes sleep with them during boot camp, because of some infraction by a single recruit. During boot camp, some D.I.s make the recruits give their rifles a girl's name. The Rifleman's Creed, a sort of prayer, is recited by recruits. A Marine without his rifle is like a day without air.

So, I am sure that though they had to destroy them, there are some pretty gloomy Marines, right now.

The Rifleman Man's Creed

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
    My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
    My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
    Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But since this situation has been ongoing for at least a month now (where we have been talking about evacuating it), why the heck did they wait till the last damn minute to get out of there, prompting us to destroy everything left behind, when anyone with a modicum of common sense would have seen this coming and would have planned several trips to take those heavier weapons out first!
    If you were following the news you would know that the U.S. Embassy in Yemen has been downsizing its mission, evacuating non-essential personnel, and basically preparing to evacuate for months.

It Sounds like these Marines followed their SOP/Orders, making only minor adjustments (which almost always happens) during this fluid/evolving situation.

How soon we forget/Routine stuff;
    I'm sure there are folks here that have been stationed at high threat fixed locations/sites/bases overseas (Europe/ROK/etc) that had base denial and emergency destruction/evacuation procedures. These type procedures are practiced/exercised frequently and hopefully can be accomplished in a short amount of time/before being overrun/evacuated. Typical things that most likely will be left behind and require emergency destruction/disablement, hopefully time permitting (which never happens) and prioritized; Classified/crypto, weapons/weapon systems, Non-operational aircraft, vehicles, munitions, infrastructure, etc, etc. This may also include the disablement of Nuclear Weapons and destruction of Critical Nuclear Weapons/Systems Components that can't be evacuated.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Really...you wanted them to take the weapons out before the people to save a few bucks? How stupid can someone get?? I can't imagine where the hell sense like that is common, but I hope it's not on our planet.
    It comes from a sense that we already waste enough money as is, why waste MORE. YES they should have say a 2 day plan in place. One for evac of the people, one for the gear.
    And saving 40k is NOT saving just a few bucks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Its not a war contingency plan, but an Evacuation plan.
    I hate that we already left Iraq with $100000s of dollars worth of vehicles, and other stuff in, just cause some politician wanted to save a dime on gas from having to fly it all back. Why do the same with Embassies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It comes from a sense that we already waste enough money as is, why waste MORE.
    So, two weeks ago, when shit started heating up....your bright idea of "a modicum of common sense" is to ship the weapons out??? You wanted to tell some Marine guards in Yemen that we don't want to waste any more money so, please send their heavy weapons back to Virginia....

???? Wait...are you playing a character too??? This shit is too stupid to be real.

YES they should have say a 2 day plan in place. One for evac of the people, one for the gear.
    And saving 40k is NOT saving just a few bucks.
    Just shut up...you have NO idea what you talking about. 40K is NOTHING...do you know how much shit we left in Iraq? Why? Because it would have been full retard to leave people there to transfer the equipment!!!

40K? Holy shit dude...I want to punch you in the face right now...and I'm normally known as the mild-mannered guy around here.

Just stop...this entire thread is idiotic...and you have doubled down on it by suggesting we should ship weapons out first to save taxpayer money...seriously, my 3 yr old grandson is laughing at you...just do us all a favor and STFU.

I seriously want to see the video where you explain to the Marine Lt. Col. why shipping their weapons out before it gets ugly is a good idea.

This has to be the most stupidest thought process I've ever been part of in my entire life. Alcohol included.

40K? The cost of one of the F-150s driving around Fairchild AFB giving parking tickets to a pregnant moms...and you wanna pull heavy weapons from two dozen Marines in Yemen? I have no words.

I will gladly take a lifetime ban from this forum to tell you that you this is absolutely the dumbest argument I have ever had the displeasure to be a part of. My god...fuck me... $40k or $400K...to leave our personnel there without arms? Fuck me..get your head out of the fucking loony websites and wake up!!!
    Last edited by Measure Man; 02-14-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Its not a war contingency plan, but an Evacuation plan.
    I hate that we already left Iraq with $100000s of dollars worth of vehicles, and other stuff in, just cause some politician wanted to save a dime on gas from having to fly it all back. Why do the same with Embassies.
    Just stop embarrassing yourself.

I never pretend to be a combat veteran....,but your continuing to expand on your initial ignorance is just plain embarrassing.

Truly the dumbest post of the year...and several years.
    Last edited by Measure Man; 02-14-2015 at 07:57 AM.