Thread: FA Failure - Unable to re-test before EPR closes out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FA Failure - Unable to re-test before EPR closes out

Took (and failed) a waist only test 31 October 2014. Prior to that, I had multiple knee injuries, so on December 17, I had my ACL replaced along with some work on my meniscus. 30 days of convalescent leave later, I finally get my profile; however, it's an Army form.

My re-test for my October failure is due today (27 Jan). But I'm still waiting on med group to convert my profile to the Air Force side, otherwise my squadron won't allow me to test. Here is the kicker . . my EPR closes out 31 January.

I talked to the med group and was told they probably won't have it ready before then. Consequence of that, as told by my leadership, is an automatic referal EPR, which will prevent me from testing for TSgt this year.

Do I have any options? I already plan on seeking legal assistance for, if anything, advice on the regulation.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    I talked to the med group and was told they probably won't have it ready before then. Consequence of that, as told by my leadership, is an automatic referal EPR, which will prevent me from testing for TSgt this year.
    I would get your 1stSgt to engage the SEL for the MED Group and explain the consequence on you of them not coverting a piece of paperwork. If the 1stSgt is unwilling to engage, I would think an automatic referral EPR because of the timing of your surgery and complications involved with the paperwork so close to the close out of your EPR would be something that the XO could easily sove if the 1stSgt or SEL won't.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I would get your 1stSgt to engage the SEL for the MED Group and explain the consequence on you of them not coverting a piece of paperwork. If the 1stSgt is unwilling to engage, I would think an automatic referral EPR because of the timing of your surgery and complications involved with the paperwork so close to the close out of your EPR would be something that the XO could easily sove if the 1stSgt or SEL won't.
    I would like to think that this is already being discussed among them, to be honest. The clarification that we could not test with the Army profile came from our headquarters (we're located at a GSU). I do know that our UDM is trying to reach out to med group, as have I, so hopefully us being persistent will get the ball rolling. However, the woman I talked to today said there would be no providers available to sign off on a 469 and even if it was by tomorrow or Thursday, the paperwork still needs to be elevated because this puts me on a restricted mobility status, requiring more signatures.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Took (and failed) a waist only test 31 October 2014. Prior to that, I had multiple knee injuries, so on December 17, I had my ACL replaced along with some work on my meniscus. 30 days of convalescent leave later, I finally get my profile; however, it's an Army form.

My re-test for my October failure is due today (27 Jan). But I'm still waiting on med group to convert my profile to the Air Force side, otherwise my squadron won't allow me to test. Here is the kicker . . my EPR closes out 31 January.

Do I have any options? I already plan on seeking legal assistance for, if anything, advice on the regulation.
    How exactly did it come to be in Army form? I can only assume that you was referred to an Army doctor for the profile evaluation (which would make sense if they was the only ones available to make the assessment). With that stated, the profile should have been acceptable, even in Army form, due to it being "authorized" by the Air Force through the reference. Otherwise, the AF should have done the profile if Army forms are not acceptable such that conversions would be required to bring it up to AF standards.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollyn01 View Post
    How exactly did it come to be in Army form? I can only assume that you was referred to an Army doctor for the profile evaluation (which would make sense if they was the only ones available to make the assessment). With that stated, the profile should have been acceptable, even in Army form, due to it being "authorized" by the Air Force through the reference. Otherwise, the AF should have done the profile if Army forms are not acceptable such that conversions would be required to bring it up to AF standards.
    My surgery was conducted at an Army hospital.

However, it looks like I'll be able to test; my squadron is accepting the "working copy" of the 469 since the only thing awaiting changes is the mobility restriction portion, which is irrelevant to an FA.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My surgery was conducted at an Army hospital.

However, it looks like I'll be able to test; my squadron is accepting the "working copy" of the 469 since the only thing awaiting changes is the mobility restriction portion, which is irrelevant to an FA.
    Well, I had a feeling and looks like I was close. I'm glad to hear that they switched up and they're letting you test.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll