Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Arkansas family has kids taken by CPS, and still have not had them returned..

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Arkansas family has kids taken by CPS, and still have not had them returned..

    I am really surprised i see lots of independent news (and religious right) sites having this story but none of the mainstream ones (such as fox or cnn) have it..

    But for the general gist, an Anonymous caller got the sheriff's dept and CPS out to a Christian home where their 7 kids are home schooled, and the kids were all taken for '72 hours' for the investigation. Its been over a week and the kids have STILL not been returned.

    http://onenewsnow.com/culture/2015/0...y#.VMFb3nvXdk4

    https://feltd.wordpress.com/2015/01/...state-custody/

    http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/index.php/sid/229542979

    http://the-trumpet-online.com/7-home...iffs-deputies/

    So what's everyone thoughts on this?
    Since the 6th Amendment does give one the right to face their accuser, why is this "anonymous' caller still being protected?

  2. #2
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I am really surprised i see lots of independent news (and religious right) sites having this story but none of the mainstream ones (such as fox or cnn) have it..

    But for the general gist, an Anonymous caller got the sheriff's dept and CPS out to a Christian home where their 7 kids are home schooled, and the kids were all taken for '72 hours' for the investigation. Its been over a week and the kids have STILL not been returned.

    http://onenewsnow.com/culture/2015/0...y#.VMFb3nvXdk4

    https://feltd.wordpress.com/2015/01/...state-custody/

    http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/index.php/sid/229542979

    http://the-trumpet-online.com/7-home...iffs-deputies/

    So what's everyone thoughts on this?
    Since the 6th Amendment does give one the right to face their accuser, why is this "anonymous' caller still being protected?
    First, I don't know why the article even needs to mention their religion as it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the overall point of the story.

    Second, if I had grown up in this era, I would have probably been taken by CPS as well. We were always out (at a young age) on our own doing things that many would scoff at as "too dangerous" today. I'm all for protecting children from abusive parents. I just think that my idea of abuse/neglect and the widespread definition today are miles apart.

    As far as confronting the accuser, I'm not sure that an anonymous tip violates that. My interpretation is that it's only applicable when it comes to the trial. At the point the children were taken, CPS was actually the accuser, so no 6th amendment violation really took place.

    It is questionable, though, as to whether or not a "tip" should be justification for people to knock on your door and investigate the way you raise your children. That seems more like a 4th amendment violation than anything else.
    Last edited by sandsjames; 01-23-2015 at 11:57 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    sic semper tyrannis.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3qtpdSQox0

    "we need to "break free" of the notion that kids belong to their families"

    Your kids are property of the state now. Lean Forward so the government can put a progressive d!ck in your a$$
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-23-2015 at 06:32 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member LogDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Somewhere, Ca
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's another view on the story.

    http://http://www.rawstory.com/rs/20...-miracle-cure/

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    So, Over a week since the Nanny State raided the homestead and they still haven't determined if the Children were harmed? Bullshit... And Guess it's purely coincidental that Pastor Stanley just happened to be a Tea Party Speaker? FDA approves 49 vaccines on the schedule before our kids turn 6 years old injecting them with mercury and thimerosol risking allergic reactions to keep them safe from such deadly maladies as the Chicken Pox.

    Rainmaker takes a teaspoon of Baking soda and 1000mgs of Vitamin C twice a day. If I feel a cold coming on I increase the dosage. Only had 2-3 colds in past 7 years and those lasted less than 24 hours .Both can be toxic in too high a dose.

    The Leviathan is out of control.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-23-2015 at 08:09 PM.

  6. #6
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    So according to this, there is not a bit of evidence showing that any of them have ever ingested the MMS and they state they use it for the garden. So what was the justification to take the kids away? I have bleach in my house. That doesn't mean I make my kids drink it.

    I would hope that there is some evidence we aren't hearing about for CPS to take these children away.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So according to this, there is not a bit of evidence showing that any of them have ever ingested the MMS and they state they use it for the garden. So what was the justification to take the kids away? I have bleach in my house. That doesn't mean I make my kids drink it.

    I would hope that there is some evidence we aren't hearing about for CPS to take these children away.
    As a white heterosexual male Christian Vet you'd better be careful posting on-line what you have in your house SJ. Everything you say is being recorded and you are being watched.

    In the 1940s at the beginning of the Cold war, the Communist Party USA realized that they were never going to get anywhere in America and so they changed their name to progressive party. which, was eventually absorbed into the Democratic Party. That is a known fact.

    What many don't realize is that in the 1990s The progressives also infiltrated the GOP through the neocon wing of "compassionate conservatism", which is also part of this progressive socialist movement. I'll leave it to you to figure out who bankrolls it. But, What we are witnessing right now is soft despotism, which is increasingly crossing the line into authoritarian overreach. Unless we voluntarily roll this back, a reckoning is coming and it won't be nice

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_despotism
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-23-2015 at 08:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    2,285
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So according to this, there is not a bit of evidence showing that any of them have ever ingested the MMS and they state they use it for the garden. So what was the justification to take the kids away? I have bleach in my house. That doesn't mean I make my kids drink it.

    I would hope that there is some evidence we aren't hearing about for CPS to take these children away.
    Agree. I don't see where there was any harm done to the kids.

    Parents might be flakey and a little weird, but there's no crime in that.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post

    It is questionable, though, as to whether or not a "tip" should be justification for people to knock on your door and investigate the way you raise your children. That seems more like a 4th amendment violation than anything else.
    Investigate maybe.. BUT flat out push you out, while they ransack the place and in effect, kidnap your kids.. HECK NO.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So according to this, there is not a bit of evidence showing that any of them have ever ingested the MMS and they state they use it for the garden. So what was the justification to take the kids away? I have bleach in my house. That doesn't mean I make my kids drink it.

    I would hope that there is some evidence we aren't hearing about for CPS to take these children away.
    With the fact i still don't see any mainstream news site having anything on this situation, i doubt CPS will feel compelled to show their "evidence'..

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kadena AB
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would imagine there is more to the story that isn't being reported. Depending on whether or not the news sites you visit swing to the left or right is going to determine how much and what information is put out there. It's probably not being reported on "mainstream" media, because it's not a story or newsworthy. Children are removed from homes by CPS for multiple days and for multiple reasons all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •