Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General: Praising the A-10 to Lawmakers is ‘Treason’

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

General: Praising the A-10 to Lawmakers is ‘Treason’

The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think the general has been flying without oxygen...........

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I think the general has been flying without oxygen...........
    More like he switched it with some nitrous.

Though, and I can't believe I'm really saying this, score one for McCain. When it comes to other things, he's completely out of his mind. When it's about the military, he's the only voice of reason. When it comes to ground battles (of which most of the ME-based conflicts are composed of), I would rather have the A-10 screaming past than the F-35. Why in the hell would you retire the best thing in CAS since the AC-130? Or are they going to retire that next?
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The right to speak with your congressman is protected communication...the Gen is due for some admin/disciplinary action.

If I ever caught one of my NCOs telling troops they couldn't speak to congress or IG, they'd be getting paperwork, at least.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    The right to speak with your congressman is protected communication...the Gen is due for some admin/disciplinary action.

If I ever caught one of my NCOs telling troops they couldn't speak to congress or IG, they'd be getting paperwork, at least.
    I agree. It is one thing (and proper) to limit military members' interaction with the press but to attempt to block an elected official in the pursuit of his/her duties seems to be likely a crime. Of course I am sure that it was his choice of words (inelegantly stated to say the least) but he needs to issue a clarification and retraction.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Post really said it and stated he would deny it, he needs to be brought up on charges, Article's, 133,134, 94 (yes this one)one of them will stick.

Treason? Really? It is treason talking to your congressman... General, you are a f'ing idiot, SIR!!http://forums.militarytimes.com/images/smilies/omfg.gif
    Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree. It is one thing (and proper) to limit military members' interaction with the press but to attempt to block an elected official in the pursuit of his/her duties seems to be likely a crime. Of course I am sure that it was his choice of words (inelegantly stated to say the least) but he needs to issue a clarification and retraction.
    NO retraction!!! He said it (allegedly)to late to walk it back... He needs to be removed from Command immediately, until all of the facts come out.

I am so pissed if this is true. How the hell did he get to 3 stars? This isn't the 1ST time doing something stupid, I bet there is a "under the rug" history of it...
    Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    While Rainmaker agree the A10 should stay and the General is most likely a moron. Is there anyone, in that room who actually feared they'd brought up on treason charges??

"use of hyperbole" was intended to prove a point, seems perfectly logical explanation to Rainmaker. The General was just stating the official position. kinda like when they tell you, you have to put up with Fag drag queen shows on base, because that's the official position. You don't make policy you execute policy. Gnomsayin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hey, General!!!!

Let's try this for some hyperbole:

Since the A-10 is admittedly one, if not the best, of any aircraft currently performing CAS, and by all reports the enemy fears it to the point they cease operations when it is in the vicinity, then talk of "retiring" it, and/or actually removing it from active service in the combat zone gives aid and comfort to the enemy.

Since the Constitution defines treason as levying war against the United States in providing aid and comfort to our enemies, those who want to get rid of the A-10 are guilty of committing treason.
    Air Force standards must be uniformly known, consistently applied and non-selectively enforced.
    - Gen. Ronald R Fogleman, Air Force Chief of Staff

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Never tell people how to do things.
    Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
    - General George Patton Jr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So we have a Major (Pain in the Butt) General stating this sort of thing:
    Maj. Gen. James Post, vice commander of Air Combat Command, was quoted as saying, “If anyone accuses me of saying this, I will deny it … anyone who is passing information to Congress about A-10 capabilities is committing treason,”
    ??

Meanwhile, I'm having to attend stupid training about the need for everyone to be reliable and responsible for their actions?? How does the Air Force expect anyone to take responsibility, or show reliability, if their leaders will not??