Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Duke university to start Muslim call to prayer in Jan 15.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,337
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Duke university to start Muslim call to prayer in Jan 15.

    Saw this while looking for related stories to the Paris incident on CNN.
    Apparently Duke university, as of this friday, will Start allowing the Muslims at the school, to broadcast the Islamic call to prayer on Fridays only.

    So what's everyones thought on this?

    http://us.cnn.com/2015/01/15/us/duke...yer/index.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Saw this while looking for related stories to the Paris incident on CNN.
    Apparently Duke university, as of this friday, will Start allowing the Muslims at the school, to broadcast the Islamic call to prayer on Fridays only.

    So what's everyones thought on this?

    http://us.cnn.com/2015/01/15/us/duke...yer/index.html
    I'm sure the Pro-Marxist Professors at Duke University will offer extra credit to their white students, if they apologize for being white and be there to wash the feet of the Mahomets before they pray
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-15-2015 at 09:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I imagine some atheists on campus will complain about the prayer calls. I also imagine many, if not most of the Muslims Duke is attempting to appease would gladly replace the US Constitution with Sharia Law.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,337
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Seems duke has reversed their decision to allow the call to prayer... Somewhat.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/us/duk...yer/index.html

    The part that makes me scratch my head, is since less than 5% of the school population is Muslim, how in gods name, did they feel this would UNIFY the campus?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Seems duke has reversed their decision to allow the call to prayer... Somewhat.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/us/duk...yer/index.html

    The part that makes me scratch my head, is since less than 5% of the school population is Muslim, how in gods name, did they feel this would UNIFY the campus?
    These twisted ideologues don't care about Unifying anything. This is how the self-hating white Progressive, Academic mind works. They protest to ban Chick Filet from campus over a CEO's personal opinion.

    But, then seek to tolerate Muslim Fundamentalists who'd love nothing more than to stone the homos to death.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-19-2015 at 04:29 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    These twisted ideologues don't care about Unifying anything. This is how the self-hating white Progressive, Academic mind works. They protest to ban Chick Filet from campus over a CEO's personal opinion.

    But, then seek to tolerate Muslim Fundamentalists who'd love nothing more than to stone the homos to death.
    The hypocrisy among progressive liberals is mind-numbing.

  7. #7
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The fact that made me really scratch my head...........ok, that's a lie..........it made me suspect there was an agenda at work here (what else is new) is that there is a Mosque less than 2 miles from the Duke Chapel. Why do they need to perform the call to prayer from the chapel?
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    2,285
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I imagine some atheists on campus will complain about the prayer calls.
    I would expect so...much like they probably would if Christian prayers were broadcast.

    Unfortunately, I would expect if Fridays were "Christian prayer broadcast" many of those Christians who are outraged by the Muslim prayer deal would be rejoicing and ecstatic, and see no good reason why atheists and others could not simply be respectfully quiet for a few minutes.

    Which sounds more like hypocrisy to you?

    I also imagine many, if not most of the Muslims Duke is attempting to appease would gladly replace the US Constitution with Sharia Law.
    This I have no idea...I like to think most American Muslims do not want to replace the Constitution...I like to think your generalizations and paranoia of Muslims is unfounded. How many Christians wouldn't mind replacing the Constitution with something more "Biblically Correct"? I don't know...seems like some would, but not the majority, I'm sure...many or most would like to at least amend to something they think is more in line with the Bible, that's for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    The hypocrisy among progressive liberals is mind-numbing.
    ...as is the hypocrisy of Christian Conservatives.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    The fact that made me really scratch my head...........ok, that's a lie..........it made me suspect there was an agenda at work here (what else is new) is that there is a Mosque less than 2 miles from the Duke Chapel. Why do they need to perform the call to prayer from the chapel?
    This is precisely why I'm waiting for the day that a Muslim or other religion prayer is said at a military function...because Christians will be outraged much like they were at this. I've yet to see a military base that does not have a church within 2 miles of the gate...so, for them to make prayer part of official functions...there must be an agenda, right?

    Duke University is a private institution, to my knowledge, and naturally are free to do what they want, within the law and reason, of course. What is it the conservatives like to say? "Attending Duke University is a privilege, not a right, no one is forced to go there."

    Seriously though...I disagree with them having Muslim prayer time on Fridays...I don't know if it was a liberal or conservative's idea to do it. For all I know it was a Christian Chaplain's idea who had an agenda to let them do that so he could do a Christian one on Monday...it's conceivable.

    As someone who doesn't want Muslim or Christian prayer broadcast...I don't know what that makes me...

    but, I think if someone is against Muslim prayer, but in favor of Christian prayer, or vice versa...that's probably where the hypocrites lie, and it's not the atheists...no more do I want a pronouncement that there is no God broadcast every Friday.
    Last edited by Measure Man; 01-19-2015 at 09:42 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,337
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    The fact that made me really scratch my head...........ok, that's a lie..........it made me suspect there was an agenda at work here (what else is new) is that there is a Mosque less than 2 miles from the Duke Chapel. Why do they need to perform the call to prayer from the chapel?
    Plus if its a chapel, why is IT being allowed to be used for other religions?

    Duke University is a private institution, to my knowledge, and naturally are free to do what they want, within the law and reason, of course.
    If they are 'such a private org', why do they take in so much tax dollars from the govt?

  10. #10
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I don't know...seems like some would, but not the majority, I'm sure...many or most would like to at least amend to something they think is more in line with the Bible, that's for sure.
    I don't know about many or most, I would definately say "some." Depends on the people, hard-core in your fact converst now types -- sure. More laid back, live and let live Christians -- probably not looking to alter the Constitution so much; since most Christians are of the 'live and let live' variety, I would imagine it is more like "some."


    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    This is precisely why I'm waiting for the day that a Muslim or other religion prayer is said at a military function...because Christians will be outraged much like they were at this.
    I have seen a Muslim Chaplain give a non-denominational invocation and no one raised on issue about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    but, I think if someone is against Muslim prayer, but in favor of Christian prayer, or vice versa...that's probably where the hypocrites lie, and it's not the atheists...no more do I want a pronouncement that there is no God broadcast every Friday.
    Very good point.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •