Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community Guidelines

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I am 42.

I like Green Bay because my dad liked Green Bay he grew up in Wisconsin. Yep, as a kid both were bad ... As time went on come late season I am usually following Green Bay.
    Nice try. But earlier you said "...INSERT IRRELEVANT QUOTE FROM PREVIOUS POST HERE IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE BACKTRACKING IN ORDER TO DIVERT ATTENTION FROM THE ACTUAL POINT OF THE POST SO THAT I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF..."

Now how do you explain that??????? Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDER56 View Post
    Few things make me happier than seeing bad things happen to the Cowboys.

I'm a lifelong Giants fan, and if some genie offered me a choice between the Giants winning the super bowl or the Cowboys going 0-16, I'd have to think about it.
    I agree. The 0-16 is pretty tempting. I really just enjoy anything that happens to them that doesn't result in me having to see Jerry Jones jump around like a 10 year old in his skybox.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDER56 View Post
    Few things make me happier than seeing bad things happen to the Cowboys.

I'm a lifelong Giants fan, and if some genie offered me a choice between the Giants winning the super bowl or the Cowboys going 0-16, I'd have to think about it.
    Talk about an existential question of the century. Either your team wins the Superbowl or the Cowboys go 0-16? It would take me years to think about it. Then again, being a Pats fan, I would wish for the Pats to score 42-0 against them by the third quarter and just keep attempting field goal kick for every down they get just to add insult to injury all through the last quarter. That would be a hell of a laughfest.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I agree. The 0-16 is pretty tempting. I really just enjoy anything that happens to them that doesn't result in me having to see Jerry Jones jump around like a 10 year old in his skybox.
    One of these days, I hope he hurts himself by knocking over his stupid cup and twisting his knee on it. Yes, it sounds silly, but my dislike of them and thus my sadism towards them runs pass the need for logic and reason.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollyn01 View Post
    One of these days, I hope he hurts himself by knocking over his stupid cup and twisting his knee on it. Yes, it sounds silly, but my dislike of them and thus my sadism towards them runs pass the need for logic and reason.
    I'm with you completely on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Nice try. But earlier you said "...INSERT IRRELEVANT QUOTE FROM PREVIOUS POST HERE IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE BACKTRACKING IN ORDER TO DIVERT ATTENTION FROM THE ACTUAL POINT OF THE POST SO THAT I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF..."

Now how do you explain that??????? Which is it? Can't have it both ways.
    Whaaaaaaat?
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Whaaaaaaat?
    The QUOTE means nothing. It's just something I typed in there. I was making fun of those who argue with other people, not by stating facts of their own, but by trying to catch the other person contradicting themselves.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    SJ, I gotta hand it to you.........when you want to channel AA you are spot on.
    In order to channel your inner AA, You'd need to start the post with the phrase "You've embarrassed yourself" and end it with "try harder"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    In order to channel your inner AA, You'd need to start the post with the phrase "You've embarrassed yourself" and end it with "try harder"
    You've embarrassed yourself by trying to tell me how to channel my inner AA. It doesn't matter whether I try or not, because whatever the outcome is it's all part of God's plan.

If you want to educate me on the proper way to be annoying, you're going to have to try harder.