Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Guidelines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Indeed it would. With fair officiating, there wouldn't have been a controversy over Dez Bryant's catch because they would have been out of the playoffs one week earlier due to an inexplicably overturned pass interference call.
    No argument from me, my favorite team is the New Orleans (am almost always disappointed), #2 is Green Bay
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    No argument from me, my favorite team is the New Orleans (am almost always disappointed), #2 is Green Bay
    You've just lost all credibility. The only football fans that have 2 favorite teams are women who don't watch football but think one of the players is cute or that the uniforms have pretty colors.

ONE TEAM or NO teams!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You've just lost all credibility. The only football fans that have 2 favorite teams are women who don't watch football but think one of the players is cute or that the uniforms have pretty colors.

ONE TEAM or NO teams!
    Growing up in Louisiana, by December you always needed a backup ... Which was for many anybody except Dallas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Growing up in Louisiana, by December you always needed a backup ... Which was for many anybody except Dallas
    Can I call BS on that? For this reason only. I'm not sure how old you are but I'll guess mid-30s or higher? That means that when you were of an age to still be considered "growing up" it was the mid to late 80s. In that time period, the Packers sucked. So needing a team after December, and choosing GB doesn't hold water.

Now, if I'm wrong and you are only in your 20s then I have another issue. That issue is someone born in the time frame I graduated high school having the ability and power to ban me from this forum.

So, either way, I can't accept your explanation.

What you could say is "Of the teams I hate, GB is the lowest on the list" then that's ok. For me it's probably the Chiefs. And that's ok because I'm a fan of an NFC team and KC is in the AFC. They have no real impact on the outcome of my favorite team's season and I really have no reason to dislike them.

There are rules! Man rules! Follow them or get a sex change.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can I call BS on that? For this reason only. I'm not sure how old you are but I'll guess mid-30s or higher? That means that when you were of an age to still be considered "growing up" it was the mid to late 80s. In that time period, the Packers sucked. So needing a team after December, and choosing GB doesn't hold water.

Now, if I'm wrong and you are only in your 20s then I have another issue. That issue is someone born in the time frame I graduated high school having the ability and power to ban me from this forum.

So, either way, I can't accept your explanation.

What you could say is "Of the teams I hate, GB is the lowest on the list" then that's ok. For me it's probably the Chiefs. And that's ok because I'm a fan of an NFC team and KC is in the AFC. They have no real impact on the outcome of my favorite team's season and I really have no reason to dislike them.

There are rules! Man rules! Follow them or get a sex change.
    SJ, I gotta hand it to you.........when you want to channel AA you are spot on.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    SJ, I gotta hand it to you.........when you want to channel AA you are spot on.
    Thank you. I'm doing the best I can.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thank you. I'm doing the best I can.
    I second that. I raise my glass to you, but not a beer glass. It might spill and I'm not into wasted beer.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Indeed it would. With fair officiating, there wouldn't have been a controversy over Dez Bryant's catch because they would have been out of the playoffs one week earlier due to an inexplicably overturned pass interference call.
    I'm still wondering how he thought that he had control of the ball when he couldn't even tuck it in before he extended. Once they made the call that it was incomplete, I kept laughing at him when ever the camera showed him pissed off and kicking imaginary rocks. That was the best part of the game. He looked like he was about to cry.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am 42.

I like Green Bay because my dad liked Green Bay he grew up in Wisconsin. Yep, as a kid both were bad ... As time went on come late season I am usually following Green Bay.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 01-14-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollyn01 View Post
    I'm still wondering how he thought that he had control of the ball when he couldn't even tuck it in before he extended. Once they made the call that it was incomplete, I kept laughing at him when ever the camera showed him pissed off and kicking imaginary rocks. That was the best part of the game. He looked like he was about to cry.
    Few things make me happier than seeing bad things happen to the Cowboys.

I'm a lifelong Giants fan, and if some genie offered me a choice between the Giants winning the super bowl or the Cowboys going 0-16, I'd have to think about it.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin