Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Pisses Me Off!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Angry What Pisses Me Off!

Feel free to post a short message about something that just gets your goat.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Why can't we use normal street addresses on bases vice "Building 12345?"

Why can't Building 14 be next to Building 15?

If we are going to use building numbers the way we do, why not display the building numbers prominently (big) on every side? One small placard on the corner behind a bush is annoying.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Why must I go through 4 PCMs in one year when the purpose of a PCM is to have the same doctor each time?

What's the point of medical records when I'm required to give an entire medical history every time I have an appointment?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    People who have one comletely irrelevant job but they treat it like it is the most important thing in the whole world. For example a person emailed me a while back to re-certify that I still need access to a system I use every day. Never mind the fact that I use the system every single day and they could just look at my history in the system. Anyways, this person tells me I must fill out a DD2875 (Request for Access) to certify that I am still authorized to use said system.

Even though I don't agree I fill out said form and route it to my supervisor and security to verify my clearance. After obtaining required signatures I send said 2875 to original person and he tells me it's the wrong form. Mind you this is the form HE SENT ME. He then sends me a new 2875 and tells me he needs it back today or he will shut my access off. My supervisor is out of the office so I can't get the new 2875 signed (only one line different on the whole form)

Needless to say it pisses me off when someone has a pointless job and they take their power way to seriosuly. Obviously, I still require access to the system dummy. I use it every day.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    People who have one comletely irrelevant job but they treat it like it is the most important thing in the whole world. For example a person emailed me a while back to re-certify that I still need access to a system I use every day. Never mind the fact that I use the system every single day and they could just look at my history in the system. Anyways, this person tells me I must fill out a DD2875 (Request for Access) to certify that I am still authorized to use said system.

Even though I don't agree I fill out said form and route it to my supervisor and security to verify my clearance. After obtaining required signatures I send said 2875 to original person and he tells me it's the wrong form. Mind you this is the form HE SENT ME. He then sends me a new 2875 and tells me he needs it back today or he will shut my access off. My supervisor is out of the office so I can't get the new 2875 signed (only one line different on the whole form)

Needless to say it pisses me off when someone has a pointless job and they take their power way to seriosuly. Obviously, I still require access to the system dummy. I use it every day.
    Stuff like this is exactly the reason Rainmaker left Government Service. Probably 50% of the positions could go away and things would actually work better.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The new EPR forms designed to be easier...then having squadron leadership state that they also need all of the feedback forms turned in along with the EPRs so that they can properly rank everyone.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post

Agree...if I'm required to take care of all my own paperwork for finances (DTS, vouchers, waivers, etc) then what's the point of a finance office?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Agree...if I'm required to take care of all my own paperwork for finances (DTS, vouchers, waivers, etc) then what's the point of a finance office?
    I say this all the time. A few months back we had a briefing from the safety guy in my unit. He was talking about filling out the mishap reporting form. He stopped and said, "look, if you have a mishap just come talk to me and I will do it for you. I fill this form out all the time" That's the way it should be. He's the safety guy he knows what belongs on the form. It's his job.

The problem with finance though is that we had to give away all our manning when we got these awesome new systems so you could do it yourself. For a while after MyPay came out people would still come to finance to start allotments or change direct deposit. I would point them to our kiosk in the lobby and tell them to do it theirself. Sure, I could do it for you but that's not what leadership decided was best. I'm just following orders.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Why must I go through 4 PCMs in one year when the purpose of a PCM is to have the same doctor each time?

What's the point of medical records when I'm required to give an entire medical history every time I have an appointment?
    How about when they hand you a clipboard to fill out two pages of your entire medical history, only to have the tech ask you again for your entire history? I asked them once if they'd ever heard about Lean, and they're like, "what's Lean?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    How about when they hand you a clipboard to fill out two pages of your entire medical history, only to have the tech ask you again for your entire history? I asked them once if they'd ever heard about Lean, and they're like, "what's Lean?"
    From what I'm gathering, that is actually an intended "double check" because some of that stuff is pretty important...like allergies.

I'm not a medical expert by any means, but after some recent appointments and stuff some of the nurses alluded to the fact that having you write it down, and then again having the staff hear it directly from you was intentional.