Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Pisses Me Off!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    From what I'm gathering, that is actually an intended "double check" because some of that stuff is pretty important...like allergies.

I'm not a medical expert by any means, but after some recent appointments and stuff some of the nurses alluded to the fact that having you write it down, and then again having the staff hear it directly from you was intentional.
    That could be, but I honestly think it's because they are so overbooked (short on Dr's) that they don't have the time to review the records.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    That could be, but I honestly think it's because they are so overbooked (short on Dr's) that they don't have the time to review the records.
    If it hadn't been this same way for over 30 years at every doctor's office in the world, I might say you could be onto something...but, I don't think so.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    If it hadn't been this same way for over 30 years at every doctor's office in the world, I might say you could be onto something...but, I don't think so.
    My wife sees the same doctor every time, over the last couple years. She never has to answer those questions because the Dr and her have a normal Dr/patient relationship where the medical professional actually shows interest in the patient's health. Unfortunately, in the socialized medicine of the military system, it's all about getting people in and out as fast as possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The mods banning just about every half-prolific poster left on the Military Times Forum. I think I heard a death rattle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When your manning is so short that you can barely get by doing the minimum but they still take every available body to do base cleanup/beautification because of the Installation Excellence Award team that's coming next week. So now, we can't even get the minimum done.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The What Pisses Me Off thread seems to be growing much more quickly than the What Makes Happy thread.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    The What Pisses Me Off thread seems to be growing much more quickly than the What Makes Happy thread.
    Of course... everyone will remember the thorn in the palm, few remember the beauty of the rose.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Of course... everyone will remember the thorn in the palm, few remember the beauty of the rose.
    Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    “Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.”
    ― Lou Holtz

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Alzheimer's disease.

It robs someone of their life without giving them the dignity of taking their life.

God f-ing dammit.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.