Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Makes Me Happy

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Sandsjames,

I would say that you should see your Dr. for the increased urination. It may be nothing, but there is a chance of prostate hypertrophy. There is a small chance also of you having a more serious problem. You might have prostate cancer. Doing a PSA test takes a small amount of blood, but if I were you, I would have it done.

As we all get older, we men tend to have hypertrophic (enlarged) prostates. There are medications that could cut down on the increased urination.

Be a friend to yourself. If you haven't had a PSA and a prostate check, you could be in real trouble.

If you already have had these things done, then good for you!

Just hoping that you are all right!

UR

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Sandsjames,

I would say that you should see your Dr. for the increased urination. It may be nothing, but there is a chance of prostate hypertrophy. There is a small chance also of you having a more serious problem. You might have prostate cancer. Doing a PSA test takes a small amount of blood, but if I were you, I would have it done.

As we all get older, we men tend to have hypertrophic (enlarged) prostates. There are medications that could cut down on the increased urination.

Be a friend to yourself. If you haven't had a PSA and a prostate check, you could be in real trouble.

If you already have had these things done, then good for you!

Just hoping that you are all right!

UR
    It actually turned out to be a kidney stone. I've had a couple in the past. This was just a very tiny fragment that hadn't come out all the way. Lasted about a week. I did see the eurologist...everything is fine. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    It actually turned out to be a kidney stone. I've had a couple in the past. This was just a very tiny fragment that hadn't come out all the way. Lasted about a week. I did see the eurologist...everything is fine. Thanks.
    Oh wow. I passed one once, thought I had just given birth to a spiked beach ball.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Oh wow. I passed one once, thought I had just given birth to a spiked beach ball.
    Yeah, the first one I passed was 5.5mm which, I guess, is a pretty good size. I was in pretty bad pain for about a week, then I ended up in the ER.

This last one was just a tiny fragment, less than 1mm, which caused little discomfort as far as pain but a lot of discomfort as far as urinary issues.

Everything is good now, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollyn01 View Post
    That actually happens???? What unit are you in and were you high on that peyote?
    nope, and I didn't even have to use my AK. That day was a good day.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Out visiting the in laws in Northern California.

My daughter getting to see all her aunts and uncles for the first time & play with her cousins for hours (to the point of exhaustion.) I went for a 90 minute run along the Pacific coast: foggy, rainy WX -- great for running. Big family dinner.

The only negative is having flown all Friday night and our bodies being on east coast time we were out at 9pm and up at 0400.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The USO at SEATAC (Seattle - Tacoma) ... This thing is freakin' awesome: food, beverages, Internet, library, beds and showers.

Just a hint ... It is outside security ... I had a 7-hour layover so no rush.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Today's Height and weight:

72 inches tall, 221 pounds ... 16% body fat - by the tape ... (so in real life I am likely 50-75% body fat )
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    Today's Height and weight:

72 inches tall, 221 pounds ... 16% body fat - by the tape ... (so in real life I am likely 50-75% body fat )
    The irony, I suppose, is that "what makes me happy", since retiring, is I no longer have to be concerned about those numbers (except for my health) on a daily basis.

OH, and congrats...getting in shape is a bitch. Seems like there's always an excuse to skip a day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The irony, I suppose, is that "what makes me happy", since retiring, is I no longer have to be concerned about those numbers (except for my health) on a daily basis.

OH, and congrats...getting in shape is a bitch. Seems like there's always an excuse to skip a day.
    Yeah, I don't really ever worry about being over the body fat, I am always over my max weight but I am big in the chest and legs but am happy that I have shed some flab.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.