Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Film, Left behind

  1. #31
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Just because someone believes that everything around us is provided by leprechauns, doesn't make it anymore credible for those of us with critical thinking skills.

    The Christian God is in hiding, perhaps he is with the leprechauns.
    That'd be like a fish in the ocean saying that because, it doesn't know were the water comes from it doesn't exit.

  2. #32
    Senior Member E4RUMOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ft Leonard Wood MO
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't play the hypothetical in conversations like this. Given the attributes and abilities of God, I think it's asinine for any individual with infinitesimally limited knowledge (of Human knowledge, let alone Supernatural knowledge) to declare their right to judge the God of the Universe. Since God created the Universe, and all in it, He alone possesses the right to do as He pleases with His creation, and is not subject to judgment from the very creation He brought into existence.

    If one takes into consideration God sees the "Big Picture", and we only see a miniscule portion of said picture, it truly is absurd to make a judgment call of the portrait without seeing it in its entirety. Furthermore, just because the whole picture is not made known to you does not mean it's a horrible portrait.

    Conjecture is a failure as well - Just because the character and actions of God do not line up with what one thinks God should be and do does not merit dismissal of His existence completely. That's simply a case of personal preference. Frankly, it's a ridiculous notion, because everyone has a different preference.

    Without evil, you wouldn't know what was righteous. Without pain, you wouldn't know well-being. Without sadness, you wouldn't know joy. All of the good you experience in life would simply be words without an emotional recognition and fulfillment behind them.

    The God of the universe doesn't need to prove His existence to His Creation or Mankind. We apparently have someone in this thread who has studied the Bible thoroughly and extensively. Perhaps he can explain Romans 1:20 to us.

    Maybe those who read Job chapter 38 can glean a message from the God of the Universe. Even the fourth verse starts off quite forward: "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth? Tell me if you have understanding?"

    Everything God does is glorification to Himself. He is worthy of respect, glory, and honor. As your Creator, He afforded you the opportunity to be in existence. Even with the foreknowledge that some of you would hate Him till you breathe your last breath.

    Whether you like it or not, you are, in fact, playing by His rules, and ultimately He's going to come out on top. Anyone who says they are going to judge someone with the power and knowledge He possesses, and demand an explanation from Him, is in for a rude awakening. No, you'll be bowing before the Creator of the universe in fear and awe, confessing Jesus Christ is Lord.

    Many people overlook the message of salvation and the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross for redemption of sin. They focus on God and His righteous wrath, and yet dismiss the redemptive plan that saves us from it. It's not how they would do things, so in their mind, God is wrong. In their mind, God is at fault.
    Last edited by E4RUMOR; 01-02-2015 at 03:17 AM.
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

    "Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

    "Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    I don't play the hypothetical in conversations like this. Given the attributes and abilities of God, I think it's asinine for any individual with infinitesimally limited knowledge (of Human knowledge, let alone Supernatural knowledge) to declare their right to judge the God of the Universe. Since God created the Universe, and all in it, He alone possesses the right to do as He pleases with His creation, and is not subject to judgment from the very creation He brought into existence.

    If one takes into consideration God sees the "Big Picture", and we only see a miniscule portion of said picture, it truly is absurd to make a judgment call of the portrait without seeing it in its entirety. Furthermore, just because the whole picture is not made known to you does not mean it's a horrible portrait.

    Conjecture is a failure as well - Just because the character and actions of God do not line up with what one thinks God should be and do does not merit dismissal of His existence completely. That's simply a case of personal preference. Frankly, it's a ridiculous notion, because everyone has a different preference.

    Without evil, you wouldn't know what was righteous. Without pain, you wouldn't know well-being. Without sadness, you wouldn't know joy. All of the good you experience in life would simply be words without an emotional recognition and fulfillment behind them.

    The God of the universe doesn't need to prove His existence to His Creation or Mankind. We apparently have someone in this thread who has studied the Bible thoroughly and extensively. Perhaps he can explain Romans 1:20 to us.

    Maybe those who read Job chapter 38 can glean a message from the God of the Universe. Even the fourth verse starts off quite forward: "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth? Tell me if you have understanding?"

    Everything God does is glorification to Himself. He is worthy of respect, glory, and honor. As your Creator, He afforded you the opportunity to be in existence. Even with the foreknowledge that some of you would hate Him till you breathe your last breath.

    Whether you like it or not, you are, in fact, playing by His rules, and ultimately He's going to come out on top. Anyone who says they are going to judge someone with the power and knowledge He possesses, and demand an explanation from Him, is in for a rude awakening. No, you'll be bowing before the Creator of the universe in fear and awe, confessing Jesus Christ is Lord.

    Many people overlook the message of salvation and the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross for redemption of sin. They focus on God and His righteous wrath, and yet dismiss the redemptive plan that saves us from it. It's not how they would do things, so in their mind, God is wrong. In their mind, God is at fault.
    [Image removed]

    from the Guidelines:

    Graphic sexual language and images
    Graphic sexual language and images are not acceptable. Find another site for that. Posts will be removed with posting privileges suspended should your word choice and/or photos become too graphic. Social norms are the accepted guideline here, but as with all things in these forums, we have the final say.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 01-02-2015 at 03:11 PM.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  4. #34
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    [Image removed]

    from the Guidelines:

    Graphic sexual language and images
    Graphic sexual language and images are not acceptable. Find another site for that. Posts will be removed with posting privileges suspended should your word choice and/or photos become too graphic. Social norms are the accepted guideline here, but as with all things in these forums, we have the final say.
    Rusty, You've thrown this particular troll bait before and it didn't fair so well. Got any new ideas.

    BTW: Do I have to mention the homoerotic thing again?
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 01-02-2015 at 03:11 PM.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  5. #35
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Rusty, You've thrown this particular troll bait before and it didn't fair so well. Got any new ideas.

    BTW: Do I have to mention the homoerotic thing again?
    What's the matter, bro? Mad because you can't join in and get between "Jesus" and "Christ?"
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  6. #36
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    What's the matter, bro? Mad because you can't join in and get between "Jesus" and "Christ?"
    See, now you are even using the same bullshit responses you did last time.....Bro.

    Come on. Let's put forth a little effort.

    Besides, don't forget........I'm not Christian enough to be mad at that stuff. Don't you remember?

    ((I still chuckle over that thread))
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  7. #37
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    See, now you are even using the same bullshit responses you did last time.....Bro.

    Come on. Let's put forth a little effort.

    Besides, don't forget........I'm not Christian enough to be mad at that stuff. Don't you remember?

    ((I still chuckle over that thread))
    Quit acting like you're not butt hurt by this meme, chump - you know damned well that you are. That's why you're here bitching about this meme. That's also why you're going to stay here going back and forth with me over it. You're not fooling anyone but yourself.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  8. #38
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Quit acting like you're not butt hurt by this meme, chump - you know damned well that you are. That's why you're here bitching about this meme. That's also why you're going to stay here going back and forth with me over it. You're not fooling anyone but yourself.
    Butt hurt......I get it.

    I am not bitching about the meme only your total loss but to use anything related to male homosexual acts when attempting to insult someone. You posted that in response to a reasonable post and it adds (typically) no value to the discussion other than to troll bait. You know that, I know that and probably every reader of the MTF sees the same thing.

    If you are going to be a troll, and I know you will, at least be original and try not to let your subconscious drive your humor. Not all of us, and probably very few of us, are afraid of gay people. Or, whatever it is that you feel for gay people.

    So..............am I back to being a fundamentalist Christian?

    Funny stuff but sometimes just too easy.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  9. #39
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Butt hurt......I get it.

    I am not bitching about the meme only your total loss but to use anything related to male homosexual acts when attempting to insult someone. You posted that in response to a reasonable post and it adds (typically) no value to the discussion other than to troll bait. You know that, I know that and probably every reader of the MTF sees the same thing.

    If you are going to be a troll, and I know you will, at least be original and try not to let your subconscious drive your humor. Not all of us, and probably very few of us, are afraid of gay people. Or, whatever it is that you feel for gay people.

    So..............am I back to being a fundamentalist Christian?

    Funny stuff but sometimes just too easy.
    Ah, so this is all about you "critiquing" my posts from an objective standpoint?

    Bullshit, because you're pretty damned selective when it comes to that.

    You can attempt to throw the homosexuality back on me if you want because, quite frankly, I don't give two shits.

    The reason that you're here pissing and moaning is because, contrary to what you're saying, my "trolling" - which you claim to be ineffective - did shake you. Wanna prove me wrong? Then walk away.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    I don't play the hypothetical in conversations like this. Given the attributes and abilities of God, I think it's asinine for any individual with infinitesimally limited knowledge (of Human knowledge, let alone Supernatural knowledge) to declare their right to judge the God of the Universe. Since God created the Universe, and all in it, He alone possesses the right to do as He pleases with His creation, and is not subject to judgment from the very creation He brought into existence.

    If one takes into consideration God sees the "Big Picture", and we only see a miniscule portion of said picture, it truly is absurd to make a judgment call of the portrait without seeing it in its entirety. Furthermore, just because the whole picture is not made known to you does not mean it's a horrible portrait.

    Conjecture is a failure as well - Just because the character and actions of God do not line up with what one thinks God should be and do does not merit dismissal of His existence completely. That's simply a case of personal preference. Frankly, it's a ridiculous notion, because everyone has a different preference.

    Without evil, you wouldn't know what was righteous. Without pain, you wouldn't know well-being. Without sadness, you wouldn't know joy. All of the good you experience in life would simply be words without an emotional recognition and fulfillment behind them.

    The God of the universe doesn't need to prove His existence to His Creation or Mankind. We apparently have someone in this thread who has studied the Bible thoroughly and extensively. Perhaps he can explain Romans 1:20 to us.

    Maybe those who read Job chapter 38 can glean a message from the God of the Universe. Even the fourth verse starts off quite forward: "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth? Tell me if you have understanding?"

    Everything God does is glorification to Himself. He is worthy of respect, glory, and honor. As your Creator, He afforded you the opportunity to be in existence. Even with the foreknowledge that some of you would hate Him till you breathe your last breath.

    Whether you like it or not, you are, in fact, playing by His rules, and ultimately He's going to come out on top. Anyone who says they are going to judge someone with the power and knowledge He possesses, and demand an explanation from Him, is in for a rude awakening. No, you'll be bowing before the Creator of the universe in fear and awe, confessing Jesus Christ is Lord.

    Many people overlook the message of salvation and the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross for redemption of sin. They focus on God and His righteous wrath, and yet dismiss the redemptive plan that saves us from it. It's not how they would do things, so in their mind, God is wrong. In their mind, God is at fault.
    E4RUMOR...I was raised Catholic and for 35 years I was faithful. I now have a different mind-set; not totally atheist but more like agnostic. There may be a higher being, there may be nothing. Anyway, while you don't want to get into hypotheticals, that's what faith is really. It is the emphatic beief in something that there is no scientific or factual proof. I think we will agree to disagree on this one. Some I have a few questions for you to think about and if you wish, maybe you can provide your answers. I am looking for serious debate; no name calling.
    1. You state that God created the universe. OK, cool. This universe of ours is infinite and to the human mind we can't fathom how big it is. Do you believe there are other planets that have life on them? If so, there's an issue with Christianity that these other planets and life-forms may have. If Jesus was sent here to save everyone...how can the other life forms be saved? Jesus was put here as man...not anywhere else since the Bible says so. So, then why would God create all these other life-forms and not want them saved in the Kingdom of Heaven as well?
    2. Many claim the greatest gift (after Jesus) God gave man was free will? Do you agree? If you agree, how "free" is this free will? For example, according to scripture, Jesus said to Judas (and I'm paraphraing) "Do what you must do." Now we both know that was during the last Passover when Jesus sent Judas away to betray him. So, when the Son of God (and to Catholics who believe Jesus is God himself) tells you to do something, do you really have free-will?
    3. Linguistically speaking, scholars have proven that the original books of the gospels came from first oral traditions for about 40 years, then written in Aramaic, Greek, German, Latin, etc. In the arab world, the term "Bar" means "son of" so if your name is Yeshua Bar Josef, you are Joshua, son of Joseph. We also know that "Abba" is a term for "Father." So, during the sentencing of death, when the crowd yells "Give us Barabbas," many today feel they were claiming they wanted the criminal named Barabas. However, what if the original story and wrods were separated. What is they yelled "Give us Bar Abbas?" This now means, "Give us the son of the father," or simply, Son of God.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •