Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Film, Left behind

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Again, crappy comparison.

God did not merely swat their butts.

He wasn't teaching them a lesson either, no, he was setting them up for the fall of man.

He blamed Adam and Eve for bringing sin into the world, corrupting the entire natural world, including human nature, causing all humans to be born into original sin.

All of humanity got their "butts swatted" because this perfect God of yours didn't have enough common sense to put a fence around a dangerous tree. Better yet, he could have just removed the tree.
    You're right. He wasn't teaching them a lesson. He was using them to teach the rest of us a lesson.

He couldn't have removed the tree. The tree was there to be eaten from. The tree was there in order for the first sin to take place.

You should be happy about that. About his plan. It's because of that you can have your pleasures. It's because of that sin that you can find the female body tempting. It's because of that you have the choice of whether or not you believe. You should really be thankful.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDER56 View Post
    ... or, not even made the tree to begin with.

Never much thought about it before (nor cared), but if God is truly omniscient and knows all that has happened in the past and everything that will come to pass, then he put the tree there with the full knowledge (Ha!) that those knuckleheaded humans would eat from it. (Rib-headed humans?)
    Absolutely right. He is, and he did.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Absolutely right. He is, and he did.
    He who has ears to hear, let him hear....

It's a Figurative not a Literal story.

Eve of the Bible is Adam's (Man's) own Nature.

Taken from a Rib Close to his Heart.

When a Man disobeys God's law and gives in to Nature THAT is the definition of sin.

When Adam tells God "she made me do it"

he is saying his own nature made him disobey.

We are ALL in a fallen state by our Nature.

Nature is a Bitch!

Gen 2:21 God causes Adam to fall into a deep sleep. There is no mention of Adam (Man) awakening. He "awakens" in Christ.

Wake up Bitches. Rainmaker Out.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 12-27-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You're right. He wasn't teaching them a lesson. He was using them to teach the rest of us a lesson.

He couldn't have removed the tree. The tree was there to be eaten from. The tree was there in order for the first sin to take place.

You should be happy about that. About his plan. It's because of that you can have your pleasures. It's because of that sin that you can find the female body tempting. It's because of that you have the choice of whether or not you believe. You should really be thankful.
    You really should try reading the bible sometime, this is the third or forth response from you, and you still seem clueless about the tree of knowledge.

It might blow your mind to learn that there was also a tree of life in the garden. In some versions of the story, God kicked them out of Eden because he didn't want them to eat from that too and become immortal.

Anyway it is just folklore, if it were the divine word from a perfect God, it wouldn't has so many flaws in the story.

If I pretend he is real, I say, fuck him and his jacked up plan. He gives me a choice of believing in him or not, yet he is going to judge me for how I navigated the little funhouse that he created.

I'm judging him on judgement day.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 12-27-2014 at 04:57 AM.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm judging him on judgement day.
    Good luck with that.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Then why are we judged for our actions in this incredibly short existence against the backdrop of eternity?

Don't tempt me to crack open the Adam and Eve story. What a jerk he was for kicking them out of the Garden of Eden when it was all his fault to begin with.

They didn't know right from wrong before they ate from the tree, but yet he leaves this extremely dangerous tree in the garden.
    My thoughts exactly. He expects us to show this 'faith in him' yet does NOTHING that i see worthy of it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    My thoughts exactly. He expects us to show this 'faith in him' yet does NOTHING that i see worthy of it.
    If someone believes, then they believe that everything around us is provided by God. I don't see that as "nothing".

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    If someone believes, then they believe that everything around us is provided by God. I don't see that as "nothing".
    Just because someone believes that everything around us is provided by leprechauns, doesn't make it anymore credible for those of us with critical thinking skills.

The Christian God is in hiding, perhaps he is with the leprechauns.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    What do you get when you cross a Jehova's Witness with an atheist?

Someone who knocks on your door for no apparent reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did ya hear about the dyslexic Jehova's Witness? He went door to door spreading the word of Dog.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin