Thread: Nakedness ok??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Nakedness ok??

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/living...html?hpt=hp_c3

Interesting article. I agree that it's definitely not a "one size fits all" situation, but what seems strange is those talking about undressing/changing in front of their teenage, or older, children. We definitely shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies, but I think that at some point the child is too old to have to see mom and dad naked, or to feel comfortable being naked in front of their parents. It's kind of like how there's a point in your children's lives when they shouldn't be bathing together.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Now THIS really caught my attention:

A few months back, a post by blogger Rita Templeton about why she wants her four sons -- ages 2, 5, 6 and 9 -- to see her naked, was republished on The Huffington Post and went viral. Templeton said she wanted her sons to see what "real" women look like before they are bombarded with an ideal in the media that doesn't match reality.

"Before they are exposed to boobs that are as round and firm as cantaloupes and pictures of taut, airbrushed, dimple-less butts, I'm exposing them to a different kind of female body. Mine," wrote Templeton, who blogs at Fighting Off Frumpy.
    I really hate the fact that, over the past few decades, there's always been a big push to get men to lower their standards and accept certain things... but women are always encouraged to have higher standards. Gawd forbid a man have a standard - he's "close-minded" or "shallow" if he does.

Okay, end rant.

Just a couple of things:

1. I have two daughters, and my wife currently bathes with the younger one - who is now two. She did bathe with the older one up until the age of 5. Now, I'm not against it in the emotional sense, but in the logical sense... if I were to bathe with my children - be they male or female - I know damned well that it would be perceived as some creepy shit. Is there no reason why it shouldn't be seen as the same thing when my wife does it?

2. I had just turned 20 when I joined the Navy, and had been dating a woman who had just turned 26 around that time. Truth be told, this woman was nasty looking as fuck, her house was a biohazard, and the only reason I was with her was because I was able to stay with her instead of at home with my dysfunctional family... and, of course, she bought me shit. I joined the Navy when we broke up, because I didn't want to go back home.

Anyhow, she was a single mother of a six year old boy. They BOTH would walk around the house naked, and I was totally irked by it. I remember the first time, he had gotten out of the bathtub and came straight into the living room, and I expressed disgust. I'll never forget that conversation. She's like, "What's wrong?"

Me: "Come on! I don't wanna look at some dude's dick!"

Her: "He's not a 'dude.' He's a six year old boy. And that's not a 'dick.' It's a 'pee pee.'"

Luckily, she had tons of liquor in her house. I needed it after that.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Naked is the new Black.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post

2. I had just turned 20 when I joined the Navy, and had been dating a woman who had just turned 26 around that time. Truth be told, this woman was nasty looking as fuck, her house was a biohazard, and the only reason I was with her was because I was able to stay with her instead of at home with my dysfunctional family... and, of course, she bought me shit. I joined the Navy when we broke up, because I didn't want to go back home.

Anyhow, she was a single mother of a six year old boy. They BOTH would walk around the house naked, and I was totally irked by it. I remember the first time, he had gotten out of the bathtub and came straight into the living room, and I expressed disgust. I'll never forget that conversation. She's like, "What's wrong?"

Her: "He's not a 'dude.' He's a six year old boy. And that's not a 'dick.' It's a 'pee pee.'"

That is hilarious. At least you had the alcohol to help you out.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I really hate the fact that, over the past few decades, there's always been a big push to get men to lower their standards and accept certain things... but women are always encouraged to have higher standards. Gawd forbid a man have a standard - he's "close-minded" or "shallow" if he does.

Okay, end rant.

Just a couple of things:

1. I have two daughters, and my wife currently bathes with the younger one - who is now two. She did bathe with the older one up until the age of 5. Now, I'm not against it in the emotional sense, but in the logical sense... if I were to bathe with my children - be they male or female - I know damned well that it would be perceived as some creepy shit. Is there no reason why it shouldn't be seen as the same thing when my wife does it?
    It shouldn't be. Just like male baby sitters shouldn't be looked down on as being sick perverts, but they seem to be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Okay, end rant.

Just a couple of things:

Man, you almost got duped.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Man, you almost got duped.
    Yeah, good thing it was a "pee pee" and not a "dick." I felt so relieved when she clarified that.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males