Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berkeley protestors block trains and freeways again.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Berkeley protestors block trains and freeways again.

Since we have laws preventing people in cars from blocking intersections, outlets from shopping centers, people going onto freeways and Jay walking laws to prevent people walking in the middle of roads, how in gods green earth are these protestors NOT breaking the law with their continual blocking of traffic on highways/freeways and train tracks?

http://www.kfbk.com/articles/kfbk-ne...c-and-13046123

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...ay-trains.html

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...hirdnight.html

It makes me wonder if, someone in traffic (or the train drivers) just kept on moving and ran people over, would THEY be the ones arrested?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Since we have laws preventing people in cars from blocking intersections, outlets from shopping centers, people going onto freeways and Jay walking laws to prevent people walking in the middle of roads, how in gods green earth are these protestors NOT breaking the law with their continual blocking of traffic on highways/freeways and train tracks?

http://www.kfbk.com/articles/kfbk-ne...c-and-13046123

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...ay-trains.html

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...hirdnight.html

It makes me wonder if, someone in traffic (or the train drivers) just kept on moving and ran people over, would THEY be the ones arrested?
    You realy can't tell the legal diffence between posible trafic citations and attempted murder? So sad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    You realy can't tell the legal diffence between posible trafic citations and attempted murder? So sad.
    I hate to bring this up but your posts many have a little more credibility if you had any idea how to spell.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post

I know that at Beale there are constantly protesters outside the gates protesting the drones. They are fine until they start blocking traffic. Once that happens, the police get involved.

As far as running them over, yes, the driver would be arrested, if it was proven that no attempt to avoid, or stop, was made. Inconvenience of being late to work is no reason to start running people over. But the cops should definitely get them out of the way, though that would probably end up being considered excessive force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I hate to bring this up but your posts many have a little more credibility if you had any idea how to spell.
    Seriously?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mata Leao View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes...seriously. A typo is one thing. Misspelling almost every word in the sentence is another. Very difficult to take someone seriously when they don't even attempt to appear slightly educated.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yes...seriously. A typo is one thing. Misspelling almost every word in the sentence is another. Very difficult to take someone seriously when they don't even attempt to appear slightly educated.
    I think he is typing his posts on a cellphone while wearing mittens.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I think he is typing his posts on a cellphone while wearing mittens.
    I remember mittens...do they still make those?

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I remember mittens...do they still make those?
    Mittens rock!

Admittedly, you can't do much in them except look cute and stay warm.

I go for the extra cute look, so I have a pair of black mittens with a Hello Kitty face made from silver and pink rhinestones on the right mitten.

I punched a biker in the forehead for laughing at me, and it made a big Hello Kitty imprint, so they are good for that.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...