Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney censors "God" from posts. Right or wrong

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Disney censors "God" from posts. Right or wrong

Saw this in my daily GOPUSA digest, but also see it mentioned in several other sites.

http://mrc.org/articles/disneycom-ce...s-it-profanity

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/20...9#.VIakYBYQ0i0

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...ney-block-god/

So using the word "God" even on its own, is considered by disney to be profane and thus their "swear word filter' catches it and blocks postings with it.

I find this explanation to be a little out there. Speaking about it elsewhere, 2 of my comrades wo DO website work, say it should be easier to filter out what words are used WITH "god" that makes it profane, rather than just block god itself.. So are these guys dunces or what?

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I know this sounds strange, but way before Disney existed, and way before the Internet, word filtering systems, and even computers existed, God knew this would happen.

The very fact that it did happen, means it is part of God plan. So don't get mad at Disney, they are serving God, by blocking his name.

I know that sounds a bit strange, but we all know how mysterious God is. Trust me, he has everything under control.

Just praise God and his mighty plan.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Disney is a private company. If this is what they want to do then so be it. If it bothers people that much then we all have the choice of whether we watch Disney shows or go to their parks. "God" has been edited out of most shows for a very long time. Any movie shown on TV with the phrase "God Dammit" edits out the word "God", not "dammit". This is nothing new.

I don't agree with much of Disney's "ethics" but ultimately I'm pretty easily able to separate the "artist from the art".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Disney is a private company. If this is what they want to do then so be it. If it bothers people that much then we all have the choice of whether we watch Disney shows or go to their parks. "God" has been edited out of most shows for a very long time. Any movie shown on TV with the phrase "God Dammit" edits out the word "God", not "dammit". This is nothing new.

I don't agree with much of Disney's "ethics" but ultimately I'm pretty easily able to separate the "artist from the art".
    Disney (DIS) is a public company with stake holders and share holders.
    They are also a diverse, international company which in the interest of inclusivity, should include references to God, Allah, Buddha etc.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mata Leao View Post
    Disney (DIS) is a public company with stake holders and share holders.
    They are also a diverse, international company which in the interest of inclusivity, should include references to God, Allah, Buddha etc.
    Ok...ok....a public company. Either way, they are a company and can make whatever choices that their shareholders are willing to put up with. It makes no difference to me on what their ideology is.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ok...ok....a public company. Either way, they are a company and can make whatever choices that their shareholders are willing to put up with. It makes no difference to me on what their ideology is.
    Consider the fact that Disney is a major media company and, as such, Jews are overrepresented among their big wigs - their current CEO is Jewish, and so was the CEO that he replaced, Michael Eisner (who became CEO in 1984).

We all have friends on facebook that post religious stuff. How many of you have Jewish friends who do? I have a few. They never say "God." They always say "G-d," or use Hebrew words that hint toward God, without actually saying it. I believe "HaShem" is one of them.

That's what Disney reflects, ladies and gentlemen!
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Consider the fact that Disney is a major media company and, as such, Jews are overrepresented among their big wigs - their current CEO is Jewish, and so was the CEO that he replaced, Michael Eisner (who became CEO in 1984).

We all have friends on facebook that post religious stuff. How many of you have Jewish friends who do? I have a few. They never say "God." They always say "G-d," or use Hebrew words that hint toward God, without actually saying it. I believe "HaShem" is one of them.

But all of this is 100% ok with God, because he allows it to happen.

It's part of his mighty plan, and the Jews are his chosen people, so they know what they are doing too.

I would get annoyed with you guys trash talking Disney and god's plan like you are, but you are part of god's plan too.

No matter what you, Disney, or some big shot Jewish CEO does, it's part of the plan.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    But all of this is 100% ok with God, because he allows it to happen.

It's part of his mighty plan, and the Jews are his chosen people, so they know what they are doing too.

I would get annoyed with you guys trash talking Disney and god's plan like you are, but you are part of god's plan too.

No matter what you, Disney, or some big shot Jewish CEO does, it's part of the plan.

You're so fucking lame with this stuff. Really, do you realize how stupid this shit is? I'm not sure if you are attempting humor but, whatever it is, it's past its expiration date...long, long past.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post

Again, don't care either way. As I've said, if I cared about personal opinions and actions of media companies, actors, entertainers in any way I'd never watch anything. All that matters is that they put out a good product.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You're so fucking lame with this stuff. Really, do you realize how stupid this shit is? I'm not sure if you are attempting humor but, whatever it is, it's past its expiration date...long, long past.
    *slaps forehead*

Oh no. Shit just got real...
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males