Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA to implement 'kitchen staff' line item for tipping on recepits.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would imagine non-wait staff is paid the normal minimum wage. Seems an inequity if you are now including them in the tip pool

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I would imagine non-wait staff is paid the normal minimum wage. Seems an inequity if you are now including them in the tip pool
    Eating out is just becoming too expensive (in my opinion), and this is just one more reason not to. My wife and used to eat out twice per week (avg $35 per visit), but now we've wised up on realized it's just a complete waste of money. We now go out to a sit-down restaurant about once per month.

So restaurants, keep raising those prices, and while you're at it, go ahead and pay your staff at least $15 per hour!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Eating out is just becoming too expensive (in my opinion), and this is just one more reason not to. My wife and used to eat out twice per week (avg $35 per visit), but now we've wised up on realized it's just a complete waste of money. We now go out to a sit-down restaurant about once per month.

So restaurants, keep raising those prices, and while you're at it, go ahead and pay your staff at least $15 per hour!
    In the past calender year, i have eaten out at a proper restaurant (not just waffle house, dennys or Mcdonalds etc) three whole times. Twice was for a UFC event at Buffalo wild wings, and once was at Golden coral for veterans day.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    In the past calender year, i have eaten out at a proper restaurant (not just waffle house, dennys or Mcdonalds etc) three whole times. Twice was for a UFC event at Buffalo wild wings, and once was at Golden coral for veterans day.
    We eat out at least every Friday....over the past 6 months we've had to eat out a lot more due to travel for medical appts.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    I agree that the cooking is the harder job, but for whatever reason, it is not customary to tip the cooks, so they are not entitled to a share of tips.
    I worked in a steak house in high school (Soph, Junior & Senior years) and the highest paid employees other than the managers were the cooks. They didn't get a share of the tips and depending on the day the wait staff may have made more money (usually Fri, Sat & Sunday was very good for the wait staff but Mon to Thurs not so much.)
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    LOL...I like how you differentiate between McDs/Dennys and BWW/Golden Coral. That's good stuff.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    LOL...I like how you differentiate between McDs/Dennys and BWW/Golden Coral. That's good stuff.
    LOL

Denny's gotta love the Grand Slam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    I worked in a steak house in high school (Soph, Junior & Senior years) and the highest paid employees other than the managers were the cooks. They didn't get a share of the tips and depending on the day the wait staff may have made more money (usually Fri, Sat & Sunday was very good for the wait staff but Mon to Thurs not so much.)
    I'd have no problem with that scenario but not all restaurants can afford to do that. In the late 70s, a friend of mine's son worked at a steak house in Myrtle Beach, SC and the owner's policy was he'd pay you what you're worth. If you only do the minimum amount of work he'd pay you minimum wages. If you were worth $15 an hour the he'd pay you that. In talking with the locals it turned out he had the best restaurant staff in the area as well as one of the most profitable businesses.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    LOL

Denny's gotta love the Grand Slam.
    For me, my 3 fave meals to eat at Denny's are the Ham and cheese omelet with hash browns and wheat toast, the lumberjack slam and ultimate skillet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For me, my 3 fave meals to eat at Denny's are the Ham and cheese omelet with hash browns and wheat toast, the lumberjack slam and ultimate skillet.
    I really liked that Shire Breakfast when the Hobbit movie came out ...

in case you didn't know ... I am kind of a nerd.