Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Give Santa The Boot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDER56 View Post
    Um ... yeah. That's just a repeat of what I'm saying. Did you think I meant something more than that?
    I took your post for what it said. Your point was that people are stupid and for support you offered that half the people are below average. I was just pointing out that your evidence does not support your point.

I hadn't thought about it, but outliers in a subgroup could cause that group's average to be lower than the overall population's average, but I'm talking about the population as a whole.
    Technically it could happen in the population as a whole....it would have to be a really funny skew

Further, we both could be wrong -- half the population is above and below the median score, not necessarily the average score. However, I think the average and median points on the IQ curve of the entire population are close enough that we can be excused.
    That is correct...which is the whole reason I put in the disclaimer.

That is funny, but in a sad kind of way.
    Yeah....excellent goal for an individual base, ridiculous as a command goal. I think, coming from a wing level, he just got so used to saying it, he forgot what it meant. We gave him sufficient crap about it for quite awhile
    Last edited by Measure Man; 12-04-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Technically it could happen in the population as a whole....it would have to be a really funny skew
    Oops. You're right.

I'm assuming the curve is symmetrical, which is what I learned, but yeah, it could have a skew.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin