Thread: SECDEF Hagel resigning...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

SECDEF Hagel resigning...

Well, he didn't last too long.

What's the scoop? I've heard:

1) He wanted a more hard-line approached to Syria that was at odds with the Pres.

2) He just wasn't very engaged in the job, rarely gave input during meetings and just didn't seem focused on the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm thinking either:

Scapegoat for crappy handling of the military by the current administration

or

Didnt agree with the administrations direction/policies concerning the military

either way its a clusterF*uck in DC no matter how you look at it.
    The state tends to expand in proportion to its means of existence and to live beyond its means, and these are, in the last analysis, nothing but the substance of the people. Woe to the people that cannot limit the sphere of action of the state! Freedom, private enterprise, wealth, happiness, independence, personal dignity, all vanish. - Frederic Bastiat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm kind of puzzled at why there isn't more talk about this around here. I heard the same thing. He was at odds with the POTUS but I read that it had to do with ISIS.

I wonder if he'll write a book and throw the administration under the bus. From what I recall, Gates wasn't a big fan of the POTUS.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    I'm kind of puzzled at why there isn't more talk about this around here. I heard the same thing. He was at odds with the POTUS but I read that it had to do with ISIS.

I wonder if he'll write a book and throw the administration under the bus. From what I recall, Gates wasn't a big fan of the POTUS.
    I heard one of CNNs reporters/guests on their Sunday morning political show, State of the Union, claim he went to cabinet meetings and was silent. Supposedly never gave input unless asked a direct question.

Perhaps that could be from holding a grudge from a previous argument or disagreement.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I heard one of CNNs reporters/guests on their Sunday morning political show, State of the Union, claim he went to cabinet meetings and was silent. Supposedly never gave input unless asked a direct question.

Perhaps that could be from holding a grudge from a previous argument or disagreement.
    I have heard that but it seemed it was more of a recent development. Could be the National Security team had froze him out of some decisions (which is something else that has been reported). Add to that his obvious (and public) disagreement with the strategy on dealing with ISIS (or ISIL or whatever the weekly name for the group is) and his demise was pretty much sealed

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    So, we get our 4th Change of direction in 6 years. This is no way to run a railroad!

It's Rainmaker's opinion that he never had a shot from the start.

There were forces aligned against him and he was facing an uphill battle to be successful.

Say what you want. There is no denying that Chuck Hagel is a patriot that shed his blood on the battlefield for This country and makes his own decisions. This country would be better off if we had more Chuck Hagels in Politics.

http://www.omaha.com/news/chuck-hage...b3cebfdd6.html