I know several states have "Good Samaritan laws" in place which prevent lawsuits etc coming the way of civilians who stop to render medical assistance to people in need, but somehow make things worse. I do not know if there are still places which have laws that rendering medical assistance when not certified can be a crime. If so this question is directed to those places..

This came about from tonight's NCIS episode where a navy corpswoman treated 3 crash victims after a car wreck, but in the county they were in, anyone NOT certified to render medical assistance is in violation of the law.
So part of the issue they had IN that episode, was apparently (for the show at least, not sure if its real, though i DID remember hearing a few HM3s complain about this back in 97-98 time frame), that even though Navy corpsmen, who get the same training etc as Army and AF medics, DON'T get "certification in Basic EMT" when they hit the civilian sector.

So if a corpsman (or as the show had corpswoman) passed a wreck and rendered assistance they would be breaking the law. Which to me is bass ackwards. i would think people would want to make it easier to step up and help, not the other way around.

So first question.
Are Army/AF medics different from Navy Corpsmen in what certifications they gain when retiring/getting out? If so why?

2- Are you for or against good Samaritan laws? Please give a reason for or against..

3- if YOU were in a situation, where to render assistance would be breaking the law, would you risk jail time (or a fine/community service etc) to render assistance and save a life?