Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Islam - A religion of Peace? Part of Multiculturalism?

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    My bad. Poor choice of words there. I should have said a work of fiction. Honestly, that probably isn't correct either. The best term to describe the Quran might be a personal manifesto.
    The bottom line is that Islam, Christainity, and Judaism all trace back to the same Bronze Age legends.

People are constantly making up their own versions of these stories and using them to justify all sorts of nonsense.

In Christainity, the nondenominational groups are the worst for cherry picking little passages and ignoring whole sections of the bible.

However, I'm kind of glad they do because they tend to ignore the brutal and warlike sections of the bible.

Sooner or later, the Nondenominational Christains will go back to a fundamental interpretation of the bible and start causing trouble. When they get angry, they are just as bad as followers of Islam.

It's all the same fairy tale.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Have to say guys I would have thought this would have dominated your forums ATM.

Some of you may remember me from a few years back. Just thought I poke my head in and talk about this issue
    This you need to view. The Islamic calaphate of Syria and Iraq is the equivalent of the what happened with Nazi Germany. Tomorrow the world!

This needs to be checked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgsrnmzxEUY

Thoughts?
    Islam was founded by a murderous illiterate pedophile.

Fact.
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    Islam was founded by a murderous illiterate pedophile.

Fact.
    So was Christianity. There are clues dropped all over the Gospels that Jesus had a homosexual relationship with St. John the Disciple - who, by the way, was only in his early teens at the time.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    So was Christianity. There are clues dropped all over the Gospels that Jesus had a homosexual relationship with St. John the Disciple - who, by the way, was only in his early teens at the time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    That's assuming that you are even looking at one of the New Testament books that was written by anyone who could have been wittiness to those events.

Most of them were written two hundred years after the events took place, the rest 70-80 years afterwards, and that is a very generous estimate.

Then there are an increasing number of biblical scholars that claim the New Testament books attributed to Jesus’ disciples could not have been written by them because they were illiterate.

Also, what about the name Jesus?

That isn't even an accurate name for someone from Judaea in that time period. You'd think the faithful would want to call the savior by the right name, but apparently not.

I think Yeshua is more accurate, but the Islamic name for Jesus, Esa, might even be better.

Most Christians have no idea how their own religion came into being, much less Islam.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    That's assuming that you are even looking at one of the New Testament books that was written by anyone who could have been wittiness to those events.

Most of them were written two hundred years after the events took place, the rest 70-80 years afterwards, and that is a very generous estimate.

Then there are an increasing number of biblical scholars that claim the New Testament books attributed to Jesus’ disciples could not have been written by them because they were illiterate.

Also, what about the name Jesus?

That isn't even an accurate name for someone from Judaea in that time period. You'd think the faithful would want to call the savior by the right name, but apparently not.

I think Yeshua is more accurate, but the Islamic name for Jesus, Esa, might even be better.

Most Christians have no idea how their own religion came into being, much less Islam.
    You do have a point about Christians knowing the actual history of their religion but I find that true of most people and history in general.

Your arguments here are a bit specious. Who is to say the books weren't dictated which was a very common practice even up to and including medieval times? The name confusion is simple issues originating with transliteration. As you yourself pointed out the books of the new testament were written years after the events they detail. Written in Greek or Aramaic (depending on who you believe). The name translation is easily explained in either language (more so from Greek).

There are a lot of arguments to be made to refute any religion but these are a bit weak.

At least you did exercise more brain cells than Rusty did with his tripe.
    Last edited by TJMAC77SP; 11-20-2014 at 03:00 PM.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post

There are a lot of arguments to be made to refute any religion but these are a bit weak.
    Listen Freddy,

Nothing I do is weak!

Seriously, what I said in that post is very strong evidence that runs counter to what most Christians are led to believe about their bible. The vast majority are led to believe that it is a divine book, holy and without flaw in every regard.

What I put in my post refutes that simplistic notion that is put into peoples minds when they are children.

Besides, my main intent was to counter the drivel about Islam being messed up, Christianity is just as bad.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post

At least you did exercise more brain cells than Rusty did with his tripe.
    Uh oh, looks TJ is a little offended that his Lord and Savior liked to play with some little boy peen!
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Listen Freddy,

Nothing I do is weak!

Seriously, what I said in that post is very strong evidence that runs counter to what most Christians are led to believe about their bible. The vast majority are led to believe that it is a divine book, holy and without flaw in every regard.

What I put in my post refutes that simplistic notion that is put into peoples minds when they are children.

Besides, my main intent was to counter the drivel about Islam being messed up, Christianity is just as bad.
    I got your point and actually agree that it is hypocrisy. I just think that pointing out the lack of literacy (and I haven't heard that before but then again, never considered it salient) and the issues of transliteration are not real on point in refuting the roots of Christianity.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Uh oh, looks TJ is a little offended that his Lord and Savior liked to play with some little boy peen!
    No actually I am offended by tripe and said so.

You really should talk to a professional about your focus on homosexuality........or have you already?