Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Would Legal and Socially Acceptable Prostitution in the US Cause a Cultural Change?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/arti...p-juicy-girls-

Now tell me; do you think that this is not going to affect the relationship between male and female troops stationed there?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    No, what I'm saying is that if all she's doing is having sex; then he may as well have gone to prostitutes. I meant that, INSTEAD of getting married. At least prostitutes go away when not in use.
    You don't pay a prostitute for sex. you just pay her to leave afterward.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My wife financially supported me for the seven months that followed be getting out of the Navy, up until I got my current job. So I'm lucky to have found a good one.

Contrary to what AA and SJ are suggesting, this has nothing to do with my past experiences. To be honest, I actually got off pretty light from the divorce from my first wife; and that's because she was many times nicer than she had to be.

Again, this all stems from the stupid, self-destructive things I'm seeing men do in order to get laid.

Going back to Elliot Rodgers; for example, he was pissed because he was a 22 year old virgin. If you've ever read his manifesto - and I really suggest you do, if you haven't (it was only about 120 pages), you'd see CLEARLY that had he experienced sex, he would've realized that it wasn't something worth killing or dying for. Buying the services of a prostitute would have helped him.

Sex is overrated, in my opinion. I'm sure every man can say that, on more than one occasion, after they were finished... the one thing going on in their minds is "Man! I did all that for THIS?"
    With this, I will agree. Men will do crazy shit for sex...including paying for it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    With this, I will agree. Men will do crazy shit for sex...including paying for it.
    That doesn't count. Every man does it.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I went back and read the OP again, and I still don't get what Rusty's issue is with women.

There is a paragraph in the that complains about 300lb women getting laid, and a line about marginally hot women being fed humble pie by hot prostitutes.

He claims that both would have to "get their shit together" but doesn't really explains what that means.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I went back and read the OP again, and I still don't get what Rusty's issue is with women.

There is a paragraph in the that complains about 300lb women getting laid, and a line about marginally hot women being fed humble pie by hot prostitutes.

He claims that both would have to "get their shit together" but doesn't really explains what that means.
    I did.

If you look back at that 300 lb woman... can a man be like that, along with all of her problems that I mentioned, and still be able to get laid?

No, but a woman can.

Hell, if a man DOES have all of his shit together and KNOWS he does; even THAT becomes a turn-off for most women, because now he's too narcisisstic.

In other words, as men; we have to meet standards in order to get laid. Prostitution, I believe, will even things out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    That doesn't count. Every man does it.
    No, they don't.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    My thesis: A housewife is basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband.

I suspect that SJ disagrees with my thesis.

Here is an experiment which will either prove or disprove my thesis: SJ will inform his wife that he loves her very much. SJ will also inform his wife that he is quitting his job. SJ will inform his wife that he will no longer be providing her with any money, and that he wants to be a house-husband. He will inform his wife that she now must find employment to financially support their family. SJ will promise his wife that he will do a good job cooking and cleaning for them.

SJ will then report back to us and let us know how his wife responded to the news that he will no longer be giving her any money

Additionally, SJ will also report back to us at regualr intervals and let us know how much sex he has received from his wife since he informed her that he will no longer be giving her any money.

Other married men on the forum are welcome to conduct this experiment on their wives.
    "House husbands" while not a new thing, are on the rise. So there ARE women out there who seem to not have an issue with the role reversal.
    But it would be interesting to see the actual #s on it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Big Booty is man's Kryptonite. Gnomesayin?

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I did.

If you look back at that 300 lb woman... can a man be like that, along with all of her problems that I mentioned, and still be able to get laid?

No, but a woman can.

Hell, if a man DOES have all of his shit together and KNOWS he does; even THAT becomes a turn-off for most women, because now he's too narcisisstic.

In other words, as men; we have to meet standards in order to get laid. Prostitution, I believe, will even things out.
    I'm not keeping track of how often 300lb women get laid, but I doubt it is as much as you seem to think.

I've never been a lard ass, so I can't comment on that from a man's perspective either.

As far as some women being weary of narcissists or players, true enough.

However, we men label certain females as high maintence. So what's the difference?

I've never had any problem getting girlfriends. That's part of the reason I have never remarried.

Plus, I want to be free to change jobs when I want to. If I see a good contracting job overseas, I don't want to be tied down by a wife or house payment.

I'll get a new girlfriend at my next location. It isn't hard, all you have to be is interesting and fun to be with.

Not being a fat slob is a basic self esteem issue.

Why do you think women should want to bang you if you are a pig?

On the plus side, if you are a fat pig then you will not even have to worry about trannies trying to dupe you.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But back to the OP:

I don't see a problem in female behavior that needs correcting.

Even if legalized protitution did shift certain societal-level behaviors, it would take a long time to do so, and it would be hard to verify.

There would also be other variables at play too, so isolating legalized prostitution as the primary driver behind a societal level shift would be extremely difficult.

It would take teams of book wormish sociologists a couple of decades to write studies that could never be proven true.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...