Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Would Legal and Socially Acceptable Prostitution in the US Cause a Cultural Change?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I'm just amazed at the way people look at women. If derogatory comments like this were made about any other demographic, with all the stereotypes and disrespect...
    Not really, because an important part of this subject that we haven't gotten to is the stupid shit men do for sex. Us being, or having been, in the military; we've probably got far better stories than the general American population on this.

Prostitution, I believe, will fix this too.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    That's not what I said. What I said, is that many married women feel that their jobs as wives are DONE just because they had sex. When, if that's all her husband wanted, he would've been better off visiting hookers.

You KNOW that. Are you twising this on purpose?
    Actually, he would have been better off hiring a housekeeper, in this case.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Actually, he would have been better off hiring a housekeeper, in this case.
    If all he wanted was sex? What housekeeping service have YOU been using? Does your wife know about it?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If all he wanted was sex? What housekeeping service have YOU been using? Does your wife know about it?
    You said his wife was giving him sex, just nothing else because she thought sex was enough. Not sure what a hooker would add, but the housekeeper could definitely tidy up around the place.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You said his wife was giving him sex, just nothing else because she thought sex was enough. Not sure what a hooker would add, but the housekeeper could definitely tidy up around the place.
    You say something to Rainmaker about looking at his wife or girlfriend as "pussy," and now you say this?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You say something to Rainmaker about looking at his wife or girlfriend as "pussy," and now you say this?
    Not sure how the two relate. Your point was that housewives get lazy and feel that by having sex they no longer feel the need to do anything else, like doing the housewife duties. So the guy is already getting laid, which seems to be the most important thing via your statements, so what would a prostitute add? The only thing missing is someone taking care of the house.

Again, I'm not sure how my statement to RM relates to, or contradicts, what I'm saying. I'm just trying to figure out what you think a prostitute would add to the situation.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Not sure how the two relate. Your point was that housewives get lazy and feel that by having sex they no longer feel the need to do anything else, like doing the housewife duties. So the guy is already getting laid, which seems to be the most important thing via your statements, so what would a prostitute add? The only thing missing is someone taking care of the house.

Again, I'm not sure how my statement to RM relates to, or contradicts, what I'm saying. I'm just trying to figure out what you think a prostitute would add to the situation.
    No, what I'm saying is that if all she's doing is having sex; then he may as well have gone to prostitutes. I meant that, INSTEAD of getting married. At least prostitutes go away when not in use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My thesis: A housewife is basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband.

I suspect that SJ disagrees with my thesis.

Here is an experiment which will either prove or disprove my thesis: SJ will inform his wife that he loves her very much. SJ will also inform his wife that he is quitting his job. SJ will inform his wife that he will no longer be providing her with any money, and that he wants to be a house-husband. He will inform his wife that she now must find employment to financially support their family. SJ will promise his wife that he will do a good job cooking and cleaning for them.

SJ will then report back to us and let us know how his wife responded to the news that he will no longer be giving her any money

Additionally, SJ will also report back to us at regualr intervals and let us know how much sex he has received from his wife since he informed her that he will no longer be giving her any money.

Other married men on the forum are welcome to conduct this experiment on their wives.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    My wife financially supported me for the seven months that followed be getting out of the Navy, up until I got my current job. So I'm lucky to have found a good one.

Contrary to what AA and SJ are suggesting, this has nothing to do with my past experiences. To be honest, I actually got off pretty light from the divorce from my first wife; and that's because she was many times nicer than she had to be.

Again, this all stems from the stupid, self-destructive things I'm seeing men do in order to get laid.

Going back to Elliot Rodgers; for example, he was pissed because he was a 22 year old virgin. If you've ever read his manifesto - and I really suggest you do, if you haven't (it was only about 120 pages), you'd see CLEARLY that had he experienced sex, he would've realized that it wasn't something worth killing or dying for. Buying the services of a prostitute would have helped him.

Sex is overrated, in my opinion. I'm sure every man can say that, on more than one occasion, after they were finished... the one thing going on in their minds is "Man! I did all that for THIS?"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    My thesis: A housewife is basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband.

I suspect that SJ disagrees with my thesis.
    Absolutely. You know what the difference is? If I was to lose everything, she's stay with me. If I was injured and couldn't work, she would get a job. In addition, she doesn't spend my money. There is no "my money". What is it about this you can't comprehend?