Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Legal and Socially Acceptable Prostitution in the US Cause a Cultural Change?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Men use money as leverage. It is perfectly legal to be a gold digger. That doesn't mean that a guy has to feel they have to spend a lot of money on a date, gifts, etc. It just means that those guys who feel they need to do so, will. It's a give an take, mostly for people who put sex and money at the forefront of any encounter with the opposite sex. And people wonder why the divorce rate is over 50%.

The difference? A woman can ALWAYS get her OWN money, thus protecting themselves from men who use money as leverage. A man can't get a vagina. I mean, I guess he could, but assuming that he still keeps his penis attached, he wouldn't be able to have sex with his own vagina...
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    The difference? A woman can ALWAYS get her OWN money, thus protecting themselves from men who use money as leverage. A man can't get a vagina. I mean, I guess he could, but assuming that he still keeps his penis attached, he wouldn't be able to have sex with his own vagina...
    A woman can get her own money, but it's much easier to gold dig, just as a man can find a woman who meets his needs, it's just a little more difficult.

I still can't comprehend the importance that is being put on sex. It must be, as I said before, the feeling of dominance that it gives some men.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Look, if you've still got issues with me; then leave it on the other thread. Let's leave the slate over here clean.

To respond to your points:

While it's true that men have numerous options for sex, prostitution is the only one where the transaction is completely closed as soon as both parties part ways. You won't see her or hear from her again. Unless you really liked the product and you want to go back. But that would be completely up to you.

Okay, I can give examples - look at all the stupid shit that men do for sex, and the even more stupid shit they do when they can't get it (Elliot Rodgers, anyone?). women have the ability to manipulate men into doing whatever they want, as long as vagina is the reward (or she can convince an idiotic male to THINK it's going to be the reward; either way, she's using it).

You know, there have been plenty of blogs and articles slamming men for thinking that women do this for US; when the truth is... they don't. Maybe some do, but generally, they don't. Furthermore, you ever notice how the most beautiful women are often seen holding hands with the ugliest men? There's a reason for that... leverage.

Nope, I'm a married man of nine years, and was married for three before that. My thoughts on this actually began to formulate based on self-destructive behavior that I've seen men engage in, all for the sake of getting their dicks wet.
    It isn't much of an issue for me.

I enjoy the chase probably more than the actual act of having sex.

That's one reason why going to a prostitute isn't very appealing to me.

Charming my way into a pair of panties is always going to be more fun than paying for it straight up.

Plus, females do work for the attention of men. They become distraught if we don't call back, and become depressed over break ups.

I really don't see women holding men prisoner like they have a Stalinist lock on our sex lives.

Break free, get a divorce, find another woman if the one your with is a shrew.

Plenty of cool females out there, you just have to look.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    A woman can get her own money, but it's much easier to gold dig, just as a man can find a woman who meets his needs, it's just a little more difficult.
    Gold digging really isn't that easy. Most men are smart enough to dodge a gold digger's attempts at gold digging. As far as the men that it DOES work on? You've got two types. 1. The sucker who keeps pumping money into her, hoping that a vagina will eventually come out (but never does), 2. The man who KNOWS that she's a gold digger, and that he's BOUGHT her - and is treating her accordingly. One of two different kinds of guys that few women actually want to deal with.

I still can't comprehend the importance that is being put on sex. It must be, as I said before, the feeling of dominance that it gives some men.
    I don't feel that it gives men a "feeling of dominance." If anything, it gives men a feeling of validation, and I think that's the problem. Legalize prostitution, and vagina comes off the pedestal that so many men put it on.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    As far as the men that it DOES work on? You've got two types. 1. The sucker who keeps pumping money into her, hoping that a vagina will eventually come out (but never does), 2. The man who KNOWS that she's a gold digger, and that he's BOUGHT her - and is treating her accordingly. One of two different kinds of guys that few women actually want to deal with.
    And there are two different types of women that the "threat" of a man going to a prostitute works on. 1. Those with low confidence that are willing to anything to appease a man, 2. Those who also put the act of sex above the importance of everything else. One of two different kinds of women that few guys actually want to deal with.

I don't feel that it gives men a "feeling of dominance." If anything, it gives men a feeling of validation, and I think that's the problem. Legalize prostitution, and vagina comes off the pedestal that so many men put it on.
    If by "validation" you mean the same kind of validation that a participation trophy represents then, ok, I'll agree with that. Though the participation trophy means nothing more than "you showed up, so here you go". Not sure that's really validation of anything.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    It isn't much of an issue for me.

I enjoy the chase probably more than the actual act of having sex.
    Some are like this, some aren't. As for me, I view it as "work" that is equally as valuable - of not more valuable - than money.

That's one reason why going to a prostitute isn't very appealing to me.
    If you haven't done it before, then the frame of reference isn't there. Like I said before, I've only done it once and that was to get that one holy grail of all sex acts out of the way, as I got tired of looking for it "in the real world." I will tell you, that there was separate feeling of exhilaration that came with it.

Charming my way into a pair of panties is always going to be more fun than paying for it straight up.
    But then, there's the aftermath. With prostitution, you bought it up front. The agreed upon price is paid, so you're not in debt afterwards.

Plus, females do work for the attention of men. They become distraught if we don't call back, and become depressed over break ups.
    You know what's funny? A few months after my ex-wife and I separated, her boyfriend kicked her out of the house because he was tired of her shit. She was broke (he spent up of all my spousal support money). She sure as fuck knew that she'd better not be knocking on MY door. But you know something else? Within an hour of being given the boot, she had a place to stay that night.

It'd be nice to know that if I ended up homeless on the street, my penis would get me a place to stay. Well, it might... just not with a woman.

I really don't see women holding men prisoner like they have a Stalinist lock on our sex lives.
    You've never heard of a woman threatening to withold sex? Admittedly, my sex drive has never really been that high... so I've actually been dumped a few times for not responding to these threats.

Break free, get a divorce, find another woman if the one your with is a shrew.

Plenty of cool females out there, you just have to look.
    My wife's sex drive is higher than mine, so I'm good.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    -I've used this example many times before. Charlie Sheen pays for sex all the time, and has probably had more "free" sex than all of us combined.

-For men, there's no such thing as "free" sex. And I don't mean this in the way most men do, by talking about having to pay for dates. What I mean is, how many times has a woman that you'd recently had casual sex with called you for something, and if you say "no," she'll remind you that she had sex with you? Of course, the fact that YOU had sex with HER, doesn't matter. The item of value is only on HER end. Have any of you ever made the mistake of having sex with a woman who owes you money? At least with a prostitute, the price is agreed upon up front. As long she gets her money, that's all she cares about.
    Or the Girl friend/wife says "If you don't buy me xyz, you don't really love me, and so no nookie for you".
    Guys pay for sex period. I personally see Nothing wrong with handing a woman cash directly for it, vice buying them some nice bling, or handing over my credit card so they can go on a shopping spree. Either way money is going out of the guy's pockets.

What I AM talking about is how, right now, sex is far more easily accessible to women than it is to men. Thus, they're able to use sex as leverage. Legalized prostitution would take that away.
    And imo that is partially why so many women are against legalizing prostitution. It takes away one of their "points of power".

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    I don't know... I've always sensed that there are two different sets of rules. For example, if a man states that he will not date / be with a woman that is fat then that man is ostracized for being insensitive to women, perpetuating a stereotypical body image most women cannot achieve, etc. But it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to state that she will not date / be with a man that is under 6 feet tall. A woman can (in most cases) lose weight. It is unlikely that a man that is 5'6" can grow 6".
    Just like many other aspects in society, there IS a double standard there. I have been on the receiving end of that ostracization before, but i know plenty of ladies who if they say the same thing "no black guys, no old guys etc" don't even get a wrong look.

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Wouldn't prostitutes still be able to refuse service? Would they be able to charge more to the less desirable clients? Call it a hardship tax. Still leverage in a way.
    They could, yes. But like everything else in a marketplace environ, there would be those gals who wouldn't charge that hardship fee', and therefore would be raking in more, thus those who did the refusal of service would lose out.

I have often heard that phrase before, where men are putting the pussy on a pedestal. And with how i have seen some guys, i can see why its a common phrase.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've read that brain scans during an orgasm closely resemble brain scans of someone on heroin. Certainly it is addictive. In addition, men can make unlimited sperm. Women are born with a finite amount of eggs. Men are willing to share their product with anyone... women are naturally more selective.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Or the Girl friend/wife says "If you don't buy me xyz, you don't really love me, and so no nookie for you".
    If you stay with a girl like that you deserve everything you get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is a housewife basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband? The hubby gives money to his housewife and the housewife has sex with her hubby. If the hubby stops giving money to his housewife, then what are the chances that the housewife will give the hubby any sex?

Just askin'.

Of course, I am assuming that the average housewife has regular sex with her hubby. That assumption of mine might be ridiculous.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others