Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the military housewives hold all (or most of) the cards in the relationship?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    Yeah, I am positive that if I was willing to pay for sex from a prostitute, my wife would not be interested in me.
    Because prostitution is illegal in this country, I think it's safe to say that most American men have never paid for sex; thus giving your wife (well, American women in general) the ability to be selective in that area.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I am positive that if I was willing to pay for sex from a prostitute, my wife would not be interested in me.
    Would your wife still be interested in you if you had sex with a woman who is not a hooker?
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Would your wife still be interested in you if you had sex with a woman who is not a hooker?
    And this is exactly the point. Of course she wouldn't. And this is why prostitution being legal or illegal isn't going to make any difference in how women treat men.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Nope, she would not be interested in me if I had sex with anyone other than her.

What I said was "if I was willing to pay for sex from a prostitute". This is going to sound judgemental as hell, but if I was the 'type of guy' (a broad generalization) willing to pay a prostitute (regardless of if I did it while we married, before we were married, or just considered it okay for me to do in general), Mrs. Stalwart would not have picked me to be her partner.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    And this is exactly the point. Of course she wouldn't. And this is why prostitution being legal or illegal isn't going to make any difference in how women treat men.
    Let's compare "A" to "B"...

"A" is a place where the ratio of men to women is one to one...

and

"B" is a place where the ratio of women to men is ten to one, i.e. there are ten women for every one man in "B"...

For purposes of the discussion, assume that the women in "B" can not move to "A" and the men in "A" can not move to "B"...

Will the women in place "A" treat men the same as women in place "B"??

Prostitution was not legal in the Philippines, but it was available in large numbers and the prostitution laws were never really enforced. The American military women were in direct competition with the Filipino bar girls for the attention of the American military men, especially those men with some money. The behavior of those American military women changed because of that extensive competition. Whether the Filipino bar girls were charging for sex or giving it away for free was actually irrelevant.

I know that you find my observations to be inconvenient and irritating, but that doesn't change reality.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nope, she would not be interested in me if I had sex with anyone other than her.

What I said was "if I was willing to pay for sex from a prostitute". This is going to sound judgemental as hell, but if I was the 'type of guy' (a broad generalization) willing to pay a prostitute (regardless of if I did it while we married, before we were married, or just considered it okay for me to do in general), Mrs. Stalwart would not have picked me to be her partner.
    What's wrong with sex with a prostitute (assuming she is a consenting adult)? For those who think that a woman would never consent to be a prostitute, then google: Brooke Taylor prostitute . WARNING: do not google those three words on a computer at work.

So would it be okay with your wife if you had sex with many women before you met her as long as you never paid for the sex?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What's wrong with sex with a prostitute (assuming she is a consenting adult)? For those who think that a woman would never consent to be a prostitute, then google: Brooke Taylor prostitute . WARNING: do not google those three words on a computer at work.
    What's right or wrong is subjective. I will tell you that sex with a prostitute isn't my thing, neither are strippers etc. If you rest your head on your pillow at night comfortably, I am not going to say that you are morally inept ... that is up to you.

Is every prostitute unwilling or a victim of human trafficking? No. Many are ... I have no ideas or thoughts on percentages. Some are 'consenting' but I think would rather be doing something else with their lives too.

So would it be okay with your wife if you had sex with many women before you met her as long as you never paid for the sex?
    My wife knew I had a life before her, sure. At the same time, I think if I had a reputation of being a man-whore she likely would have never dated me. I may be able to "get the milk without buying the cow" and it may be fun for a while, but a girl who is 'morally casual' may not be a girl whose values lineup with mine in the long run ... and I think some women feel the same way ... my wife is one of those women and hence we are a good fit, this probably explains the (IMHO) good marriage (then again, if I am wrong about her one day you can tell me I am all wrong.)

A couple of anecdotes:

-Don't be surprised when you meet a girl who cheats on her husband or boyfriend with you and then down the road cheats on you.

-Don't be surprised when you marry a player that he is ... a player.

-You don't hang out at an Evangelical Christian Church hoping to pick up a one night stand.

-You don't meet too many virgins at a Planned Parenthood clinic.

[EDIT]: Thanks for the NSFW warning too ... I am working nights from 1800 - 0600 for a while and sit here really bored at times and may have googled that.
    Last edited by Stalwart; 11-13-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    These posts were moved in from another thread...

When I say a "woman holds all the cards" in a marriage, I am talking about much more than sex, especially when the man is the sole financial provider for his family. Your wife can withhold sex anytime she chooses (and I am okay with that) and she can even refuse to cook and clean for you (and I am okay with that too), but if you withhold your paycheck from her for any reason no matter how valid, then you have committed an act of domestic violence. You may not be arrested for that act of domestic violence, but the family courts and the military would DEFINITELY consider it to be an act of domestic violence.

You are just a figurehead in your family. Your wife holds all the real power in your family, i.e., she holds ALL the cards. She just lets you pretend that you have some say in what happens in your family.

I have gone off topic, so I'll stop here. If you are interested in continuing this conversation, then let me know and I'll start a new thread. But I suspect that you don't want to continue this conversation. Reality is just too icky for you.
    If that is the way you feel, then don't get married.

Marriage isn't for me, I tried it once and it didn't work out.

I don't think that means females hold all the cards though. That's just silly.

Be a man and protect yourself, stop crying about how the government and women are fucking you over.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is every prostitute unwilling or a victim of human trafficking? No. Many are ... I have no ideas or thoughts on percentages. Some are 'consenting' but I think would rather be doing something else with their lives too.
    I also suspect that many women who are maids, housekeepers, and waitresses would rather be doing something else with their lives. Perhaps many women who work in an office would rather be doing something else with their lives. Is it possible that many housewives and stay-at-home moms would rather be doing something else with their lives?

I recently received an e-spanking from Mjölnir because I compared prostitutes and housewives, so I probably shouldn't take this line of thought much farther.

My wife knew I had a life before her, sure. At the same time, I think if I had a reputation of being a man-whore she likely would have never dated me. I may be able to "get the milk without buying the cow" and it may be fun for a while, but a girl who is 'morally casual' may not be a girl whose values lineup with mine in the long run ... and I think some women feel the same way ... my wife is one of those women and hence we are a good fit, this probably explains the (IMHO) good marriage (then again, if I am wrong about her one day you can tell me I am all wrong.)
    You and SJ can brag about your marriages all you want but it won't change reality. You and SJ sound like a propaganda machine for the DOD. The DOD also wants us to believe all is well in the domestic life of our military personnel. The reality that I saw is not the pretty picture that you, SJ and the DOD paint for us. Most military marriages quickly become dysfunctional. The average military couple is like the nut cases on the Dr Phil show.

All men think that they have the perfect marriage up until the wife files for divorce Most men never see it coming. Anecdotal evidence suggests that career military personnel have a divorce rate around 75%. Don't those numbers suggest that the institution of marriage in the military is in big trouble? Only our brainwashed military personnel could look at an institution with a 75% failure rate and see it as a success.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I don't think that means females hold all the cards though. That's just silly.
    You obviously took the blue pill.

Be a man...
    Oh please.... That shaming language is so very cliche. Can't you do better than that?

...and protect yourself.
    Actually, that's not bad advice.

, stop crying about how the government and women are fucking you over.
    What? Me? Crying? (*giggle*) I'm just making some observations. I'm not crying. I'm laughing at how upset you get at my observations of our society, but I have to admit that I don't really understand why observations upset you so much. Why do my observations upset you so much? Please enlighten/entertain me.

I do hope that you are having as much fun as I am...