Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine held in phillipines after death of transgendered person

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Marine held in phillipines after death of transgendered person

Surprised the big channels (CNN/Fox/HLN etc) only seem to have this story on their sites or ticker if at all.

http://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/...ipino-1.308086

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/10...sgenders-death

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/13/world/...iref=allsearch

Looking at the stories, it seems a Marine is being held in conjunction with the murder of a Transgendered person, which is also holding up the destroyer he is assigned to.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm a liberal guy and everything, but my liberalism has limits and this is one of them.

I'm of the belief that there's no such thing as a sex change. Not unless they've figured out how to add and remove Y-chromosomes. If you have a Y-chromosome, you're a man. If not, you're a woman. No ifs, ands, or buts.

However, I don't let that conflict with my belief that one's gender identity should be respected.

If it was up to me, there would be laws requiring transgender disclose their genetic sex to their partner before having sex.

Until then, it never ceases to amaze me how transgenders never seem to learn - if you don't disclose your genetic sex, you're gonna get yourself killed! How many more times does this have to happen for them to get it through their heads?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's a picture of Jeffrey/Jennifer Laude

http://manila.coconuts.co/2014/10/14...woman-olongapo

That US Marine must have been really drunk if he couldn't tell that his "date" was a "he" instead of a "she". Of course, it is possible that the US Marine is gay and the murder had nothing to do with the gender ambiguity of Jeffrey/Jennifer. Perhaps the US Marine and Jeffrey/Jennifer had an argument over money.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    which is also holding up the destroyer he is assigned to.
    USS Peleliu -- LHA-5

BT BT

Overall not surprised it isn't a headline per se ... I doubt it would be an overly big deal of he was being held in the local jail ... not the same optic as a service member who rapes a child in Okinawa.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I always find it strange at what does and does NOT make the 'main news'.. A 7.3 earthquake down south in El Salvador, where at least 1 is dead just rates only a ticker mention, but barely a Cat 1 twister tearing up a few trees and house roofs rates a full 2-3 minutes of chatter..?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I always find it strange at what does and does NOT make the 'main news'.. A 7.3 earthquake down south in El Salvador, where at least 1 is dead just rates only a ticker mention, but barely a Cat 1 twister tearing up a few trees and house roofs rates a full 2-3 minutes of chatter..?
    That is the real problem with the main stream media. It is controlled by special interest and the big corporations, all with an agenda. As an example it is my opinion that this news on Ebola is blown all out of proportion. I think the media is making it sound worse than it is. I don't think we get the real news that we should be getting to make informed decisions about what is really happening in the United States and the world. These corporate special interests control the flow of information we receive. I would say the news I hear on most of the media outlets in the United States is not really news at all, but entertainment updates, and celebrity gossip. Years ago I remember there was a distinct difference between actual news and entertainment. In fact, the news was news. The celebrity gossip and entertainment updates were separate altogether and not on a 24 news cycle either.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It does seem like they are more like TV Tabloids than news channels these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It does seem like they are more like TV Tabloids than news channels these days.
    Be glad you don't watch Filipino news channels because this story is ALL OVER IT. I have to because my wife is a Filipina and wants to watch news from home.

Supposedly he never told the Marine that he was a transgender until after they had sex. The Marine was probably really drunk to notice how Bakla/Gay this person looked. They are worried that he will get away with the crime.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    Be glad you don't watch Filipino news channels because this story is ALL OVER IT. I have to because my wife is a Filipina and wants to watch news from home.

Supposedly he never told the Marine that he was a transgender until after they had sex. The Marine was probably really drunk to notice how Bakla/Gay this person looked. They are worried that he will get away with the crime.
    I had assumed she was pre-op and he flipped when he discovered her 'surprise'. She was post-op? Why do they feel he will get away with the crime?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Why do they feel he will get away with the crime?
    ...because he is in U.S. control. Back in the 80s when the bases were in full swing, it was not unusual for a G.I. in trouble with the Philippine authorities to be whisked out of the country under the cover of night on the next available flight. Sure we would promise a court martial or something, but sometimes it was just a slap on the wrist. Seen it happen several times with reasoning that they could not get a fair trial in the Philippines, a lot of truth to that, but still caused consternation among the locals.

The G.Is that did get detained and tried by Philippine authorities were often made an extreme example of...had a buddy in our squadron sentenced to 2 years in prison for a DUI noninjury crash, first offense.

Another good friend of mine was placed on International Hold and had all of his household goods seized pending a civil trial on the charge that he coerced his girlfriend, a virgin of course, into having sex by promising he would marry her. When he broke-up with her some months later, she filed a lawsuit. The girl was well-connected. He was fortunate to have been evacuated when Pinatubo went off...kissed all his possessions goodbye like a lot of people did anyway.

There is always the stories, (or urban legends?), of guys being taken for all they have for running over somebody's chicken with their car...of course, the chicken always turns out to be a prized fighting cock worth thousands of dollars when the owners don't otherwise have $200 to their name.
    Last edited by Measure Man; 10-15-2014 at 11:14 PM.