Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trademark/Copyrighted words on EPRs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trademark/Copyrighted words on EPRs

Anyone ever get a EPR kicked back for using a trademarked/copyrighted word in a bullet? Had one get kicked back for using the word Excel. Easy fix, just changed it around to fit spreadsheet in there. But a few others are getting kicked back with the same comment, "no trademarked/copyrighted words allowed".

Just curious....

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJSmith View Post
    Anyone ever get a EPR kicked back for using a trademarked/copyrighted word in a bullet? Had one get kicked back for using the word Excel. Easy fix, just changed it around to fit spreadsheet in there. But a few others are getting kicked back with the same comment, "no trademarked/copyrighted words allowed".

Just curious....
    It's comforting to know that the same anal retentive dweebs are still running the ship.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Just curious....
    I did once get once kicked back with a 4 rating because the bullets weren't strong enough...so I made them stronger and it got kicked back with the question "With bullets this strong, how is this guy not a 5?"

As far as the copyright thing, nope...never seen that. Though I don't think I ever tried.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Granted, I am Navy ... but I have seen it used a lot. Especially when talking about certifications etc.

Microsoft(r) Systems Engineer being one I have seen maybe a dozen times.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I did a word search of AFI 36-2406 and neither of the words "trademark" nor "copyright" appear anywhere within it. If there was an official prohibition against using trademarked or copyrighted terms in the AFI, I'm pretty sure one or both of those words would have to be used somewhere in the AFI.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just curious....
    This is a joke right?
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    This is a joke right?
    Please tell me it's a joke.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This is the sort of random thing that I would scribble on EPRs just to fuck with people.

My favorite was starting rumors about what the CC liked, or disliked.

I once had the whole squadron convinced that the Wing CC thought our EPR bullets were too prolix. All because I scribbled an angry note in red pen that said, "Too Prolix!" Then I scrawled some initials that were illegible.

Our dumb ass Superintendent just went along with it and started telling us to fill up the white space without being prolix.

When people started asking what the fuck prolix meant, I told them double bullets are prolix.

The war on double bullets soon spread to other bases, and in the space of a year, the double bullet was frowned upon.

No copy-write or trademark protected words, that's genius! I have a great deal of respect for whoever came up with that.

I'm going to assume it was someone I mentored in the fine art of Bake Sale Diva Guerrilla Warfare.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    This is the sort of random thing that I would scribble on EPRs just to fuck with people.

My favorite was starting rumors about what the CC liked, or disliked.

I once had the whole squadron convinced that the Wing CC thought our EPR bullets were too prolix. All because I scribbled an angry note in red pen that said, "Too Prolix!" Then I scrawled some initials that were illegible.

Our dumb ass Superintendent just went along with it and started telling us to fill up the white space without being prolix.

When people started asking what the fuck prolix meant, I told them double bullets are prolix.

The war on double bullets soon spread to other bases, and in the space of a year, the double bullet was frowned upon.

No copy-write or trademark protected words, that's genius! I have a great deal of respect for whoever came up with that.

I'm going to assume it was someone I mentored in the fine art of Bake Sale Diva Guerrilla Warfare.
    You son of a bitch.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    This is a joke right?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    Please tell me it's a joke.
    And nope

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post

Not quite, it's our cc. Comments were made in EMS so there's no second guessing who it came from.