Thread: Move family back home while on Short Tour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Move family back home while on Short Tour

Will the AF pay for my family/household to move "back home" & pay to move them again to our Follow-On assignment after my short tour(unaccompanied)?

I ask because the guidance I have seen already is conflicting, and I haven't been able to connect with MPS. I will find out eventually...just trying to eliminate some stress.
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleDragger View Post
    Will the AF pay for my family/household to move "back home" & pay to move them again to our Follow-On assignment after my short tour(unaccompanied)?

I ask because the guidance I have seen already is conflicting, and I haven't been able to connect with MPS. I will find out eventually...just trying to eliminate some stress.
    Before the fiscal constraints you had a choice to keep them at the current location, move them to the follow on (CONUS) or move them back to your home of record and get paid that BAH rate. I dont think you can just move them anywhere. All speculation so the post did not help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would check with TMO. They are the ones that would know that. But I think something has to be on your orders saying that they are moving. I just did all this for my PCS to Korea and they asked where my family was going to be while I was gone in my initial assignment briefing. I woke with MPS I'll ask tomorrow morning for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I found my answer. Spoke with career development, and confirmed in 36-2110, attach 5, A5.8

You can move them in CONUS at the government's expense.....but....not if you choose the Follow-On or Home Base option.

How many people are getting "in-person" initial assignment briefings these days? Would've helped me some!
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You can move them in CONUS at the government's expense.....but....not if you choose the Follow-On or Home Base option.
    This is how I remember it. You can move them, but then you can't get a "follow-on" assignment...you have to play the assignment lottery in your normal assignment window with everyone else coming back from overseas.