Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Does this come to par with homosexual discrimination?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    It appears that I missed something. Are we talking about a real cake shop or a hypothetical cake shop?
    Yes...real cake shop. Owner wouldn't sell a cake with 2 same sex figures on top. I'm surprised you didn't hear about this. Was all over the news (or media entertainment channels) and social media...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Go eat a dick.

I was once pubically berated by a moderator and then banned from the forum because I questioned the engagement ring tradition. Is that comment by Rusty more bad or less bad (or should I say "rude"?) than questioning the engagement ring tradition?

Of note: I will not rat out Rusty to the moderators, so if Rusty does get banned, it will not be because of me.
    Last edited by USN - Retired; 08-08-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Yes...real cake shop. Owner wouldn't sell a cake with 2 same sex figures on top. I'm surprised you didn't hear about this. Was all over the news (or media entertainment channels) and social media...
    Interesting.

Here's the solution for same sex couples on Oahu who want a wedding cake...

1. Go to this website and buy the figures
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...gures&tbm=shop

2. Go to Napoleon's Bakery and order the cake. Here's the website:
    http://www.napoleonsbakery.com/custom-wedding.html

3. Put the figures on top of the cake.

4. Stop worrying about the homophobes and what they think.

There are numerous Napoleon's Bakeries on Oahu and their cakes are really good (seriously).

Why are we making this issue so hard???
    Last edited by USN - Retired; 08-08-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Go eat a dick.
    So I guess that translates to..........."I have no reasonable response to that so I will revert to my usual homoerotic retorts."

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    I was once pubically berated by a moderator and then banned from the forum because I questioned the engagement ring tradition. Is that comment by Rusty more bad or less bad (or should I say "rude"?) than questioning the engagement ring tradition?

Of note: I will not rat out Rusty to the moderators, so if Rusty does get banned, it will not be because of me.
    I will say it again, this time publicly that you were not banned because of what you asked, but the manner in which you posed your point of view. Please don't misrepresent the facts.

And no, Rusty's langauge there is not appropriate, but we aren't here 24/7 either.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    However, I do think a company can decide WHAT they will serve...especially a business like cake-decorating that is creative and artistic. His brand is on every cake he makes.
    I had not thought of that angle on this argument ... it is a very good point.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So, here's the opposite case.

Guy wanted a anti-LGBT cake made and the cake maker refused.

http://denver.eater.com/2015/1/20/78...anti-lgbt-cake

My opinion on it remains the same for both cases...cake making is a creative custom-made product...the cake-maker has their brand on each cake and should be allowed to determine WHAT they will make.

If they have cupcakes pre-made in the window, they should have to sell them to whoever comes in to buy them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    So, here's the opposite case.

Guy wanted a anti-LGBT cake made and the cake maker refused.

http://denver.eater.com/2015/1/20/78...anti-lgbt-cake

My opinion on it remains the same for both cases...cake making is a creative custom-made product...the cake-maker has their brand on each cake and should be allowed to determine WHAT they will make.

If they have cupcakes pre-made in the window, they should have to sell them to whoever comes in to buy them.
    Agree...cake maker did the right thing, IMO.