Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Does this come to par with homosexual discrimination?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Does this come to par with homosexual discrimination?

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...#disqus_thread

    So these ladies were told they cant have a prayer before they did their daily workout at a privately owen mall. I stand with private businesses to have policies against whatever they deem to have with no provocation to those reasons. Its their business, their property, they can do as they please as long as it doesnt harm someone physically. But I am wondering who believes this banning of prayer is as big of a deal as the baker that didnt want to make a cake for a same sex marriage? Shouldnt Al be organizing a march on the mall? Should Pelosi or Obama weigh in on how a person of faith is being discriminated against? Shouldnt Reid be passing a bill in senate to keep malls from forbidding prayer?
    Last edited by WILDJOKER5; 08-06-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=WILDJOKER5;345835Shouldnt Al be organizing a march on the mall? [/QUOTE]

    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22a...bv=2&oq=&gs_l=
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  3. #3
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And your point? If he doesnt like discrimination, which this mall is definately doing, why is he not running down to GA to organize a protest? I understand that these women had a pretty good head on their shoulders and didnt pull the race card but just packed up and went else where saying the mall has that "right" to ban prayer from its property. But where is the left calling them bigots?
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    And your point? If he doesnt like discrimination, which this mall is definately doing, why is he not running down to GA to organize a protest? I understand that these women had a pretty good head on their shoulders and didnt pull the race card but just packed up and went else where saying the mall has that "right" to ban prayer from its property. But where is the left calling them bigots?
    That is the point. Conservatives always bringing up Al Sharpton. Do conservatives have anything else besides that in their little bag of tricks?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  5. #5
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    That is the point. Conservatives always bringing up Al Sharpton. Do conservatives have anything else besides that in their little bag of tricks?
    Is that like how Obama always blames Bush? Or the left bringing out Sarah Palin when bashing "stupid" conservatives? I am pretty sure I mentioned a few people. Got the learders of the party, and the biggest mouth piece. But hey, cherry pick if you want. You still didnt answer my questions, just trying to high jack the thread from the issue.
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  6. #6
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    Is that like how Obama always blames Bush? Or the left bringing out Sarah Palin when bashing "stupid" conservatives? I am pretty sure I mentioned a few people. Got the learders of the party, and the biggest mouth piece. But hey, cherry pick if you want. You still didnt answer my questions, just trying to high jack the thread from the issue.
    The issue is that there isn't an issue. The women reacted as they should have. Just as everyone else should react when told their actions inside a private establishment are not acceptable. Leave. Accept the fact that it's the right of the owner to make the decision. Move on with your life.

  7. #7
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    That is the point. Conservatives always bringing up Al Sharpton. Do conservatives have anything else besides that in their little bag of tricks?
    Yes. Profiling. Test norming. Stop and frisk. We have an entire bag full of stuff. Arresting people doing illegal shit...stuff like that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Since you want to talk about Al Sharpton, here's something else for you to add to your bag of tricks, something that you'd be all for that the "reverend" would also be happy to support: http://www.charismanews.com/us/44903...ayer-over-meal
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  9. #9
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Should have perused your link (first one). In this article it is a commenter who makes the accusation. Seems to be pretty far from the point you were attempting to make.

    Answering hyperbole with hyperbole...........yeah that'll get the point across.

    http://www.wthr.com/story/25203580/2...puzzano-murder
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Beale AFB
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...#disqus_thread

    So these ladies were told they cant have a prayer before they did their daily workout at a privately owen mall. I stand with private businesses to have policies against whatever they deem to have with no provocation to those reasons. Its their business, their property, they can do as they please as long as it doesnt harm someone physically. But I am wondering who believes this banning of prayer is as big of a deal as the baker that didnt want to make a cake for a same sex marriage? Shouldnt Al be organizing a march on the mall? Should Pelosi or Obama weigh in on how a person of faith is being discriminated against? Shouldnt Reid be passing a bill in senate to keep malls from forbidding prayer?
    This is not the same as homosexual discrimination. The mall is banning an action and not a state of being. If the mall were to say "No Christians allowed" then it would be on par.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •