Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCS'ing to/from overseas - International Auto Logistics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PCS'ing to/from overseas - International Auto Logistics

So back in April or May, the company that always handled shipping our cars to/from overseas assignments lost out to a new company: International Auto Logistics.

What a step in the wrong direction. They closed several VPCs, and have been busting their required delivery dates since they started. What makes matters worse - they don't respond to inquiries or answer customers at all. They also don't update their online tracker.

Anyone else experience this yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    So back in April or May, the company that always handled shipping our cars to/from overseas assignments lost out to a new company: International Auto Logistics.

What a step in the wrong direction. They closed several VPCs, and have been busting their required delivery dates since they started. What makes matters worse - they don't respond to inquiries or answer customers at all. They also don't update their online tracker.

I’m about to go through this. I read about the problems they were having a little while ago. I hope they have their crap together now!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yep. It's a pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't even get them on the phone. No one answers or returns my messages. I literally have no idea where my vehicle is. Anyone have thoughts on what I should do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't even get them on the phone. No one answers or returns my messages. I literally have no idea where my vehicle is. Anyone have thoughts on what I should do?
    They had an article about this in Air Force times a couple weeks ago.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/apps/pb...=2014307170076

Not sure if this article helps or if you already have those phone numbers/email but thats all i got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I shipped my vehcile form Germany 12 June with an RDD of 24 July to Atlanta. I still haven't received a deliverery e-mail and the status has been "on truck in transit" for the last week. Glad to see I'm not the only one wondering wehre their car is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap1971 View Post
    I shipped my vehcile form Germany 12 June with an RDD of 24 July to Atlanta. I still haven't received a deliverery e-mail and the status has been "on truck in transit" for the last week. Glad to see I'm not the only one wondering wehre their car is.
    I know this isn't helpful for your original question but it is useful information. If your vehicle does not arrive by the Required Delivery Date (RDD) you are authorized a rental car for up to 7 days at a cost of no more than $30 per day. You are eligible for this starting the day you rent the vehicle which can be done as soon as the RDD if your vehicle doesn't arrive. You can claim a supplemental travel voucher for this expense. Use a copy of your orders, the vehicle shippiing form (577 I think?) and your rental receipt. Your eligibility begins on your RDD and ends the day you are notified your vehicle has arrived with a maximum of 7 days payable. Hope that helps. This expense is also somehting you can use your GTC for just make sure and pay it off. Reg reference is here:

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/Doc...TR(Ch1-10).pdf go to page 516

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am heading to Korea, so I am going to the Atlanta VPC next week. I hope it goes smooth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Almost 1100 members on this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1451...94935/?fref=nf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My overseas base FB page is covered with problems regarding the new contract. If they don't get it sorted by the time I PCS I may pay out of pocket for the shipping just to avoid the pain.