Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Ridiculous

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/fans-r...-heroic-death/

The only thing that would have made it worse was if Archie would have been killed by protesters trying to get Betty/Veronica into an abortion clinic.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I used to love the Archie comic. Now days, i can't stand to read it, and with this news, i doubt i ever will again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So if he had died protecting his "best friend" or "girl friend" you would have no issue with it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ha ha ha ha...

...this morning on talk radio people were lamenting how the new Thor was a woman.

I don't get the whole deal about comics and stuff...never been into them. I mean, I might read one if it's sitting there on the coffee table in the Dentist office, but that's about it. I didn't even know Archie grew up.

...but on this, I could see that people might have the "issue with it" being that the author, created a narrative to make a certain political side seem courageous and heroic, with the other side being evil.

It's kind of like a strawman deal...as the author, he controls the whole of the universe, so if he can't actually argue with real political oppponents, he can create caricatures and misrepresentations of them and their positions in his story line, and then easily defeat them. Kind of like what goes on every day on cable news and social media...and maybe even around here :-)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Ha ha ha ha...

...this morning on talk radio people were lamenting how the new Thor was a woman.

I don't get the whole deal about comics and stuff...never been into them. I mean, I might read one if it's sitting there on the coffee table in the Dentist office, but that's about it. I didn't even know Archie grew up.

...but on this, I could see that people might have the "issue with it" being that the author, created a narrative to make a certain political side seem courageous and heroic, with the other side being evil.

It's kind of like a strawman deal...as the author, he controls the whole of the universe, so if he can't actually argue with real political oppponents, he can create caricatures and misrepresentations of them and their positions in his story line, and then easily defeat them. Kind of like what goes on every day on cable news and social media...and maybe even around here :-)
    Not for nothing but I always thought Robin was a little gay..............

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    So if he had died protecting his "best friend" or "girl friend" you would have no issue with it?
    Yes. It just seems that they are hamming up he 'protects his gay friend' to push a social agenda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Yes. It just seems that they are hamming up he 'protects his gay friend' to push a social agenda.
    So his "best friend's" life or his "girl friend's" life is worth more than his "gay friend's" life? That's what I'm getting from your answer. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Whether the friend is a gal, guy or otherwise, its worth (or should be) worth the same. BUT that they aer specifically making it the ONE gay guy is what i consider hamming it up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    It's not about how he died. It's about that the press is making such a big deal about the fact that it was a gay friend. Why not just say it was a friend? Everybody who reads it knows the guy was gay. There was never a fuss made before about the guy being gay. Just that it's emphasized that he's a "hero" for saving his "gay friend". Could have just been his friend. Everyone who reads it knows he's gay.