Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Course 15

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Course 15

Our captain just passed on a message to our TSgts that if they aren't enrolled/completed course 15 then they will not be given a test date and would not attend NCOA. Is this how it's working AF wide? I thought the purpose of this course was to fill the gap between NCOA and SNCOA. Now it's a prerequisit for testing for MSgt and attending NCOA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a "hard-charging" O enforcing a made up standard on the dumb enlisted folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it a prerequisite for testing? If not, it sounds like this O-3 needs some things splained. Such as "a lot of people worked hard to come up with requirements for testing, let's go with what they came up with."
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It sounds like a unit requisite. I'm doing course 15 now and have heard nothing of the testing requirement. I do know that you won't get a date for NCOA without completing it. Also, crse 15 is a complete train wreck. Some good material, but it's overshadowed by the complete lack of proper communication and set up. I take my final test soon and can't wait to be done with it.
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown

Political Compass (http://politicalcompass.org/test)
    Economic Left/Right: -3.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ask every TSgt that tries to direct me to do something the question "have you done course 15?" If they say no than I tell them "Well I really don't have the time of day for you....please find someone with the actual course 15 leadership credentials to make me do it."
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ View Post
    I do know that you won't get a date for NCOA without completing it. Also, crse 15 is a complete train wreck.
    Funny you mention this because 2 hours after the Captain sent the email, we had a SSgt with a line number get his RIP for NCOA. He hasn't even thought of starting course 15 yet.

Will be interesting to see how much more inconsistency happens with what people are being told, what's actually happening, and what's actually required.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is interesting. I've never heard of course 15. When one of my troops tried to do Course 14 they were told that they couldn't do it until they had attended NCOA. I remember doing Course 14 & thinking that this would have been great info to have when I made SSgt.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Briefed this morning by our NCOIC that the TSgts will NOT be allowed to sign for a test date without the Course 15. Again, not sure if this is a local policy or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was enrolled in course 15 for about 2 months. Got a RIP for NCOA, while there they told us to dis enroll from Course 15 since we were attending the full in residence NCOA. They also told us while at Sheppard that there is one more full 6 week NCOA in residence course planned (September-ish) then it will become a new process starting next year. Course 15 will be completed, then followed by a 2 week in residence NCOA. That's what they told us there, I just graduated last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Start with the Shirt. "Hey Shirt, what gives with this BS?" If he/she is drinking the Kool-Aid, keep moving to higher level enlisted bubbas (Group Sup, etc.) After that, "I'll take IG Hotline for $1,000, Alex". Wrong is wrong, period.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources