Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Yet another leftist city litigation

  1. #1
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Yet another leftist city litigation

    I mean seriously? $10million for some "mean" words? This guy is a chump and trying to get a free payday that the left is always looking for. Sadly, in NYC, he may very well win or just settle out of court for half that price.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/stor...damages-070714
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,337
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yea. He was asleep at a ball game. IMO he deserves all the ridicule he gets.

  3. #3
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not convinced that lawsuits such as this one are geographically limited to "leftist" cities, as you put it. Is there evidence that a "leftist" city is more likely to produce similar litigation?

  4. #4
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    I'm not convinced that lawsuits such as this one are geographically limited to "leftist" cities, as you put it. Is there evidence that a "leftist" city is more likely to produce similar litigation?
    So, other than this being in a leftist city, you want more examples? I didn't say it only happens there or that mostly happens there. Just that this is "another" one, and it is outlandish.
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  5. #5
    Senior Member Stalwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This took place in New York, makes sense he would file the lawsuit there. Yes, it seems frivolous ... frivolous as hell but I don't know if frivolous lawsuits are solely the domain of politically liberal dominated cites or not either.

    All things considered, this isn't the dumbest thing I have seen televised from the stands of a sports event and I think on the ticket there is some clause that by attending you consent to the use of your image in media etc. so it is likely to not go too far.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,337
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Exactly. IIRC part n parcel of being at a PUBLIC event such as a ball game, is that your image may get picked up and used by the TV cameras there.
    Don't want to be seen, don't go!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's see if a judge with common sense will throw the lawsuit out as being frivolous...doubtful, but one can always hope...

  8. #8
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socal1200r View Post
    Let's see if a judge with common sense will throw the lawsuit out as being frivolous...doubtful, but one can always hope...
    Good thing the guy is white otherwise those comments made by the announcers would have been deemed racist as well as defamatory.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    2,285
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I do not think this lawsuit has merit and I expect summary dismissal.

    That said, I do find the practice of all this public shaming via social media to be distasteful and am endeavoring to not partake in it myself. We have become a mean society in that regard....it's one thing for celebrities, who sort of take that on by becoming celebrities as part of the deal, but it's quite another for a random person to "go viral" and be shamed like that.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I do not think this lawsuit has merit and I expect summary dismissal.

    That said, I do find the practice of all this public shaming via social media to be distasteful and am endeavoring to not partake in it myself. We have become a mean society in that regard....it's one thing for celebrities, who sort of take that on by becoming celebrities as part of the deal, but it's quite another for a random person to "go viral" and be shamed like that.
    There is nothing new under the sun. The mob must be entertained...Bread and circuses is the symptom of a decayed society, not the cause of it. Pass the popcorn. NomSayin?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-09-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •