Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Navy participation in the June 2014 Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Mont

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    True they can choose to try and hide it. Honestly i wish more would take that choice.
    I was in the base post office a while back, and there was a male SSgt in line in front of me, talking with a female NCO. This guy was as queer as a three dollar bill, and couldn't have been more gay if he tried, talking about his boyfriend and how they were trying to find a place to live, etc. Had I been in uniform, I would've told him to STFU, because I found his conversation offensive. And if he had a problem with that, I would've told him we'll flip for it, and last I checked, an O5 outflips a SSgt...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socal1200r View Post
    I was in the base post office a while back, and there was a male SSgt in line in front of me, talking with a female NCO. This guy was as queer as a three dollar bill, and couldn't have been more gay if he tried, talking about his boyfriend and how they were trying to find a place to live, etc. Had I been in uniform, I would've told him to STFU, because I found his conversation offensive. And if he had a problem with that, I would've told him we'll flip for it, and last I checked, an O5 outflips a SSgt...
    Please don't ever discuss anything activities you do with your wife...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't see from what you wrote what was offensive, what exactly offended you? Was it just that he was discussing his significant other -- who happens to be same-sex. Would you be just as offended if a single male was discussing finding a place to live with his female girlfriend? That in and of itself isn't offensive. I could see if he was graphically describing sex, which would also be inappropriate for a heterosexual to discuss.

If it bothered you that much you could have still identified yourself as a Lt Col ([Edit:] in all honesty your rank really doesn't matter, if I hear or see someone doing something offensive if they are junior to me, my peer or senior I am going to say something to them ... right is right and wrong is wrong ... regardless of rank) and asked him to keep it down but in all honesty, had you told him to "STFU" I think you may have been opening up an argument that you (O5 or not) would probably end up losing.
    Last edited by Stalwart; 07-17-2014 at 03:37 AM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Had I been in uniform, I would've told him to STFU, because I found his conversation offensive.
    Why would you need to be in uniform? Is that where you get your super powers?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Na.. probably needs the reassurance it gives him to make a challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm only a TSgt but I would have loved for you to try that on me. The IG would have had a field day with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    I'm only a TSgt but I would have loved for you to try that on me. The IG would have had a field day with it.
    I don't give a flying f*ck about the IG in something like this. They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like I do. All this politically correct BS has got to go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't give a flying f*ck about the IG in something like this. They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like I do. All this politically correct BS has got to go...
    What I was getting at was that the SSgt Was not violating any rules, he was just talking about something you did not like. For you to order him to shut up was unlawful and you were in the wrong.