Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perry discusses view of Homosexuality

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Actually Perry is embarrassing himself by making a comparison of homosexuality and alcoholism. The guy is a career politician and you'd think he'd have enough sense to not make statements that can so easily be turned against him.
    You really think that he made this statement because he doesn't have sense? This is a well planned out move. The Republicans need a more moderate stance on many things to have any chance at success in 2016. My guess would be that this is his way of sounding more moderate while not completely alienating too many people. He's a politician. Don't ever assume that any of them haven't weighed the pros and cons of their comments.

You are being an apologist by softening his statement to me, so I can't so easily call the evangelical segment of the Republican Party, "gay haters."
    I don't care what you call them. I don't identify with Evangelicals at all. I'll vote for whoever is going to do their best to help the poor. All the other stuff is secondary.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    You really think that he made this statement because he doesn't have sense? This is a well planned out move. The Republicans need a more moderate stance on many things to have any chance at success in 2016. My guess would be that this is his way of sounding more moderate while not completely alienating too many people. He's a politician. Don't ever assume that any of them haven't weighed the pros and cons of their comments.

I don't care what you call them. I don't identify with Evangelicals at all. I'll vote for whoever is going to do their best to help the poor. All the other stuff is secondary.
    You're right it was well planned, much like your omission of the part of my post that acknowledged that very point.

It's ok, you're probably just grumpy from being trounced in the gay pride 5K thread.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...